• 1(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
Edit: This thread now serves as an archive of development of Copacetic during pre-alpha, alpha and beta stages. 

The skin is now launched in the official Kodi repository for Nexus, so please leave comments and feedback on the launch thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373114

Thanks!
Looks great. I like the whole clean and simple look of it. You made a nice job with fonts too ! Nod
But this belongs more to the WIP Skins subforum Wink

EDIT : That was a fast move Cool
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
This is fantastic! No UI is the best UI. Really looking forward to seeing more of this. Please keep them coming! Smile
Cool - some of the best mockups i've seen around here for a while. I do like a bit of the old typography focussed minimalist UI :-)

Only points i'd raise is to be careful with the text contrast and don't be afraid to mix in lowercase fonts, esp. for body text. What font are you using?

+1 for the name by the way.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-07-23, 19:02)Jayz2K Wrote: Looks great. I like the whole clean and simple look of it. You made a nice job with fonts too ! Nod
But this belongs more to the WIP Skins subforum Wink

EDIT : That was a fast move Cool

Yeah, I made a mess of posting it due to trying to juggle too many tabs. Cheers!

(2015-07-23, 19:07)toolpunk Wrote: This is fantastic! No UI is the best UI. Really looking forward to seeing more of this. Please keep them coming! Smile

Will do. I'm hoping my limited creativity, design and coding skills will actually be a benefit in this instance, forcing me to keep things as simple as possible! Can I ask what sort of skins you like using for Kodi? Other than Aeon Nox (Older versions) and Refocus, I quite like Conq too - very sleek.

(2015-07-23, 21:51)thedeadman Wrote: Cool - some of the best mockups i've seen around here for a while. I do like a bit of the old typography focussed minimalist UI :-)

Only points i'd raise is to be careful with the text contrast and don't be afraid to mix in lowercase fonts, esp. for body text. What font are you using?

+1 for the name by the way.

Thank you kindly - that's a good point about the text contrast, I need to go back and look at that having changed the shade of the background. The font is Roboto Condensed because it's open source, but I know that's popular with some other skins so I'll definitely have a look into some others. It's an amazingly versatile font though, especially thanks to the 'thin' style in addition to regular and oblique.

Oh and by the way, if I succeed one thing in life, it'll be to help bring 'copacetic' into mainstream usage!
I like a lot of skins, but I exclusively use Aeon Nox at the moment.

Maximinimalism is one of my favorites, but I find it annoying that you need two additional clicks to get to either your movies or tv shows, because it always starts with the video node. It does make sense, but I don't use the other video sources, so it's more of a hassle for me.

It's kinda the same with reFocus. I love the skin but the home menu is really bothering me. I just want to get to my movies, but need an additional click because the first only opens the submenu. It would be so much better if the submenu slid out on focus. It should also be in a second column next to the main menu as the little arrow indicates.

I've recently given fTV a shot and while it looks slick I find the navigation concept extremely confusing. It's weird that you can go back on either left or up. I kinda get left, because you can get into your library using right, but up doesn't seem make much sense to me.
Quote:The font is Roboto Condensed

Roboto (the newest version anyway) is the best open source font i've seen. Other options worth checking out are sourcesanspro or open sans, but in my humble opinion, Roboto is the most flexible. How about condensed for titles and regular for body text?

BTW, my Pellucid skin has a well tested 24-col grid measurement system and baseline for Roboto that would make your layouts easier should you decide to take this forward into a full skin. Might be worth checking out.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-07-24, 09:20)toolpunk Wrote: It's kinda the same with reFocus. I love the skin but the home menu is really bothering me. I just want to get to my movies, but need an additional click because the first only opens the submenu. It would be so much better if the submenu slid out on focus. It should also be in a second column next to the main menu as the little arrow indicates.

Yeah I know what you mean although it's just about worth it for me because I really like the widgets. You can also customise the home menu so that each one goes straight to their respective sections if you remove the sub categories
(2015-07-24, 11:13)thedeadman Wrote:
Quote:The font is Roboto Condensed

Roboto (the newest version anyway) is the best open source font i've seen. Other options worth checking out are sourcesanspro or open sans, but in my humble opinion, Roboto is the most flexible. How about condensed for titles and regular for body text?

BTW, my Pellucid skin has a well tested 24-col grid measurement system and baseline for Roboto that would make your layouts easier should you decide to take this forward into a full skin. Might be worth checking out.

I agree, I spent some time browsing through Google Fonts looking for viable alternatives and did try out Open Sans funnily enough, as well as Palanquin and some others, but they all seemed to fall a bit short in a direct comparison with Roboto Condensed.

I've tried Maximinimalism (Great name btw), and love the contrast between black and white, and the info screen is awesome, especially the way it folds out for the actors!

Have never come across Pellucid, but I'm just about to check it out, thanks for the tip too!
I've added some more views to the gallery - info view, cast and TV calendar.

Also tweaked some of the text placement to standardise it across different views and added a clock to the overlay view.
Looks really great!
(2015-07-26, 18:18)Gadileth Wrote: Looks really great!

Cheers, glad you like it
Looks like a great skin-to-be.

I wonder however what the home screen would actually look like. How do you get to movies / series / music / settings ?
Really like this as it feels different and new.

One thing to note though: cast info is only available for the information dialog.
(2015-07-26, 23:25)Hitcher Wrote: Really like this as it feels different and new.

One thing to note though: cast info is only available for the information dialog.

Thanks a lot! Ah that's a shame, I was pretty happy with the names along the top of the billboard view, but cheers for the heads up!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8