• 3(current)
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded
(2015-07-12, 02:41)J7AYU Wrote: Been meaning to post a video of what RocketLauncher can do but couldn't find decent video capture software, however I managed to get a half decent result with Open Broadcaster Software. Note at 1:04 in the video where it jumps back to Kodi and again during the Sega Saturn emulation demo. doesn't happen in real time its just the video capture software switching sources to grab the game footage. On the PC Game Ride it has a pre-launch window with the game settings this was annoying when using only Advanced Launcher because I would launch the game using a controller then have to dig out my mouse to click play. Also I keep all my emulated games in a 7z compression file format. RocketLauncher will unzip these to a temporary location, once done unzipping mount the image if it needs to be mounted and launch the emulator after your done playing it will delete the game from the temporary folder. I also had problems with games stored on a network drive with Advanced Launcher as my network drive wouldn't always be mounted when I restarted the computer, no such problems with Rocket Launcher. Anyway that's enough of my ramblings watch the vid and you'll get what I'm on about.

Thanks for that. I had a look at the video and tried it myself. Perhaps I am ignorant on the matter but apart from archive handling there doesn't seem to be much that RocketLaunch offers that Advanced Launcher already does. Technically speaking, you are having one frontend communicate with another frontend before a game loads and it strikes me as a bit of double handling. For your decompression purposes it seems useful but none of my main games, apart from titles from the 16-bit / arcade era and before are achieved so those benefits are lost on me.

Any Windows based games with launchers and whatnot can usually be disabled by a simple command line argument depending on title.

In other news, as Paradix graciously provided "official" binaries for Helix and has already got the Isengard build done this project will not be migrating to any other skins. So long as Cirrus remains active. Smile
Technically it's more like having one launcher communicate with another launcher the frontend is Kodi. I mainly use it for the splash screen for pc games it kinda reminds me of the PS4 when you launch a game. So does that mean we can expect a release soon ;-).
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
(2015-07-13, 09:54)J7AYU Wrote: Technically it's more like having one launcher communicate with another launcher the frontend is Kodi. I mainly use it for the splash screen for pc games it kinda reminds me of the PS4 when you launch a game. So does that mean we can expect a release soon ;-).

Ah! Clever. I didn't consider the splash screen aspect.

I won't lie. A little part of me did appreciate the load screens as that did add a certain "console" like quality to it. Smile

And yes, now that I have these binaries to work with a new release will be forthcoming. I appreciate your patience (and anyone else who has been following the project) and assure you it will be well worth it as the amount of viewtypes and functionality is extensive unlike the WIP which was just a series of views only.

Final touches and animation are being applied to the views. A release was intended a few days ago but some last minute fixes and cleanup is required before they go live. These have been redone to support Cirrus Extended 3.3.1 / Kodi 15.0 Isengard. One should update to these should they wish to use the views when they go live.

I look forward to sharing them in the coming days. In the meantime, here is a screen of one of the finalized viewtypes as a taster of what is to come.
(2015-08-11, 15:22)Rufoo Wrote: Image

Final touches and animation are being applied to the views. A release was intended a few days ago but some last minute fixes and cleanup is required before they go live. These have been redone to support Cirrus Extended 3.3.1 / Kodi 15.0 Isengard. One should update to these should they wish to use the views when they go live.

I look forward to sharing them in the coming days. In the meantime, here is a screen of one of the finalized viewtypes as a taster of what is to come.

Been waiting patiently to try this out just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and got everything back setup and running smooth, just need to give it some eye candy now. Step forward Sexy Cirrus.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

OS - Unraid 6
Great work Rufoo.
This is a really great addition to the skin.
Almost there... Things like this are the reason why there has been a wait.

A plethora of options of each viewtype was promised. On the home stretch now. Stay tuned. Big Grin
Ha, nice and clean. Looks good, maybe you want to cleanup the side blade for all other views? Big Grin
(2015-08-14, 13:20)paradix Wrote: Ha, nice and clean. Looks good, maybe you want to cleanup the side blade for all other views? Big Grin

Well talk grander plans very soon, my friend. Smile
Fantastic my friend !
Apologies for the lack of updates. There has been a dramatic change in my personal circumstances. Thanks for your continued patience.
Hope everythings ok mate.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

OS - Unraid 6
I just wanted to create an account and say, I have been watching this thread for some time and am very excited about this release. I have searched the depths of the entire internet for the best looking emulator front end available. That search has lead me here. Smile

I have been a long time hyperspin user, but am very frustrated with the lack of proper widescreen support. This solution has the most elegant interface I have found yet. I also love how Rufoo understands the lack of proper resolution artwork for older systems and designed the wall solution just to work around that issue.

Would it be possible when this does release, a short guide showing how to setup one of two of the systems is made? I am new to kodi and this whole eco system, but would love to get a new front end setup with SexyCirrus.

Thanks again for your amazing work.
Hadn't checked in for a little while, so it is always nice to hear from new people who have been following this. Smile Thanks for the words of support, tekn0. It is very encouraging. If you want specific help with something to do with the whole Kodi / Cirrus Extended / Advanced Launcher / SexyCirrus Expanded setup if it is all new, feel free to PM me.

To those who have been waiting patiently....

As quite some time has passed since I promised an update, I figure it best I lend some perspective on why there has been so many substantial delays. In recent months, life became a "comedy of errors" of sorts and there was a perfect storm of other circumstances. A few months back, my long term GF and I separated and I left my long term job. Part of constructing a beastly KODIBOX was, in fact, for her. She was quite a gamer as am I (actually I'm a massive classic gaming nut). Sadly, as we parted ways, it diminshed my resolve in continuing the project with the same zeal and the KODIBOX ended up just being a machine that just got fired up occassionally to bash out games of Dead or Alive 5 and Rocket League with my housemate. Since the machine was no longer the entertainment centerpiece I envisoned things fell to the wayside. No need to play the violin, no woe is me. Just how it went. Tongue

Cirrus Extended was in limbo just prior to that. Paradix has since brought the project back to prominence. As it was in limbo, so was this project (can't build SexyCirrus without Cirrus, nay?). I spent much time just fart arsing around creating tons of new views and experimental features which lead to huge amounts of project creep. I then started a new job but that didn't last too long. It sucked.

However, I have since spent some time away aborad and good things have been happening. This has renewed much of my purpose and sense of self and can assure everyone who has been following this that SexyCirrus will indeed see a release again shortly. Smile I'll be returning to my homeland in October and will release the binaries before the end of October - an absolute promise. I would like to do it earlier, but as stated, I am currently away from my homeland, and while I can do bits and pieces here, I am stuck using an ASUS 1225B netbook and it CHUGS like hell when doing anything remotely intensive. I need my desktop (the KODIBOX is an i7, my desktop is a Core2 where I do my developing).

So, please be assured, the project isn't dead. I just lost my way for a while. But things are back on track, good times. Smile

PS: Really awesome this little thing, which started out as nothing more as a curiosity from me has now hit 10,000 views! Really cool. Thanks for everyone who has been checking it out.
Improvements to the category frontend viewtypes, in the WIP this was known as Big Titan, but since has been changed to Springboard Titan, there are other springboards which will accompany this one. Springboard Titan can switch between two different types, as shown below. Other features include the option to change headers (Can be changed to the more appropriate 'Games' instead of 'Addons' and displays the item numbers as 'Systems Available'). Also allows for use of RSS feeds (using set 47) - in this example, I'm using Steam's RSS.

The panels can also be populated with plot information and extra-fanarts as well as the normal ones as seen in the WIP.

October, people! Big Grin

Current development roadmap is to release SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X by October's end. Based upon feedback and bug reporting have a 100% no error version out by end of November / early December, then will work with Paradix (based upon his feedback) to integrate everything directly into Cirrus so it comes as part of the Cirrus Extended skin and is included in all future Cirrus releases. I will then turn my attentions toward other areas of the skin. Such as new Home screens and other viewtypes for the media based sections.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded4