• 130(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2015-04-27, 14:44)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2015-04-25, 14:03)Haris1977 Wrote: This is a "strange" issue i am having 5-6 days now..My setup:

Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH with Kingston KVR16LS11/4 (4 GB) Ram. In usb ports (back) i have attached:

1) Flirc controller (flirc.tv/)
2) TRANSCEND TS8GJF780 JETFLASH 780 8GB USB3.0 FLASH DRIVE BLACK (with OE 5.0.8 latest version).

I never had this problem but this "strange" one started when i ONLY did 2 things (and nothing else: havent touched my setup, havent removed anything):

1) Updated bios from 041 to 050
2) Updated Openelec from 5.0.7 to 5.0.8

Problem is that it wakes up on its own (usually the next day i have shut it down). So I got back to 041 bios (as the first idea that came to my mind was that the new bios was faulty). Problem persists with other bios too. Intel enginners answer was:

This looks like some kind of grounding or operating system related
issue, since the BIOS itself do not have a reason to turn on the system
on its own unless it is set on the BIOS to do so at a specific time, but
been a random issue, I do not think it is a BIOS issue.

The only thing remaining is OE version (5.0.8). Could it be my problem?? Anyone is experiencing the same behavior?Maybe bad bios?
Is it recieving an activaton signal from AVR or TV? Try disconnecting the HDMI cable at the NUC end after power off/sleep (whatever you use) and see if it happens. Not proposing this as a long-term solution, but it can be good to eliminate external factors early on in diagnosis.

Find the solutionWink
windows 10 graphics driver is not stabile
I have had that where it has switched on by it self in 8.1. I have just switched it off at the plug after it shuts down. Yesterday I upgraded to window 10, and Kodi was showing my home IP address, instead of the VPN IP address, although on using KODI it, it must have been using the VPN IP.
(2015-08-14, 00:52)YaPaY Wrote: windows 10 graphics driver is not stabile

Mine is rock solid after being up and running for more than a week.

What problems are you experiencing?
(2015-08-14, 20:26)visiter555 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 00:52)YaPaY Wrote: windows 10 graphics driver is not stabile

Mine is rock solid after being up and running for more than a week.

What problems are you experiencing?
Octoshape(flash) works properly if i select low quality. Otherwise stuttering. I have another desktop pc, i saw exact same problem. After graphics driver update I fixed the problem but on the nuc unfortunately problem is continuing.
Hi all
I'm thinking to buy an Intel nuc.

I wouldn't have a problem with h265, pass-through dts hdma/ Dolby true hd.
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
Tongue 
Hi all,

First of all, thanks developers for great effort and all other community enthusiasts. This is my first post on Kodi forum and sorry if my English is not so good.
This place helped me a lot to get familiar with my new htpc, so i wanted to share my experience with DN2820FYKH and maybe help and save someone's time in searching for answers.
I got my nuc week ago, but i have got a big headache also Smile But before i start to complain, i want to say that i read here that many people had superb experience with this little guy.
First of all i couldn't enter the bios (F2) with my Panasonic FHD Tv, nor the initial 015 nor the latest 051 bios. Ok, googled a little bit and i resolved this with spare pc monitor. But is really annoying... if i wish to change something in bios i have to carry around nuc and switch monitors (at least is portable Smile )
The second obstacle was OpenElec (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.8-efi.img) installation, which is paradox as OE installation should be the easiest part of htpc configuration.
I couldn't to boot installation from usb. Any usb port. Tried all possible combinations, different usb sticks, different OE versions, betas, all three sticks with OE installation mounted, but no luck. Bios settings are ok, boot devices configuration, legacy etc.
In opposite i was able to boot Ubuntu and OpenSuse without problem on Nuc using the same usb sticks. Also the usb with OE installation that wont boot in Nuc, boots in my notebook normally. So considering Nuc's bios 051 and OE install wont get along for some reason and i cannot find currently information which version of bios is good for me, i ended up removing Nucs hdd, then putting in my laptop and install OE in a second. Then putting back hdd in Nuc and now rocking with OE and no bios access Smile
I assumed that latest bios version mainly is the best bios version, but here at least for me is not the case. I would appreciate if someone can recommend "good" bios for Nuc/OE combination.
Is the NUC connected directly to the TV?

Have you tried a diferent HDMI port on the TV?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Well, i have tried all 3 hdmi ports on TV and also over Nuc > AV Receiver > TV. I am using AV connection now when i have OE running. The TV is Panasonic TX-P42X10Y Plasma which i use with zotac zbox hd-id11, PS3 over years. I see you are good with your configuration xbs08- what bios version do you have?
I'll have to check but it's not the latest one.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I posted this guide on the AV forums some time ago

https://www.avforums.com/threads/guide-i...c.1948529/

I also had trouble with monitor not seeing BIOS, luckily, I had another TV which was ok.

Also, I downloaded the TAR file, not the IMG
(2015-10-12, 17:07)ivanishere Wrote: Well, i have tried all 3 hdmi ports on TV and also over Nuc > AV Receiver > TV. I am using AV connection now when i have OE running. The TV is Panasonic TX-P42X10Y Plasma which i use with zotac zbox hd-id11, PS3 over years. I see you are good with your configuration xbs08- what bios version do you have?

Version 0038

Latest BIOS version is 51

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...DN2820FYKH
(2015-10-12, 18:22)xbs08 Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 17:07)ivanishere Wrote: Well, i have tried all 3 hdmi ports on TV and also over Nuc > AV Receiver > TV. I am using AV connection now when i have OE running. The TV is Panasonic TX-P42X10Y Plasma which i use with zotac zbox hd-id11, PS3 over years. I see you are good with your configuration xbs08- what bios version do you have?

Version 0038
Tnx xbs08, i will try tonight to rollback bios to 0038
(2015-10-12, 18:45)bubblegum57 Wrote: Latest BIOS version is 51

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...DN2820FYKH
Bubble, 0051 does not work for me, as i already mentioned.. Confused
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5