• 7(current)
Win HOW-TO share folders over SMB using Windows 7
Nope, not the password, and I also tried a few I thought it could be, I must of set one on the initial install, just can't remember what, LOL
PM sent DJB628.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
How can this be solved in Windows 10. My guess is that the standard installation installs some of Windows Live. So how can I get rid of itHuh

tia, Tom
What is your current issue wassmer?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-08-21, 22:54)levi.baker88 Wrote: What is your current issue wassmer?

Thanks Levi!

As this thread shows, under Windows 7 I had to remove all components of Windows Live (Essentials) to be able to connect to and access my shared folders using my LG BD390. It seems possible that the problem was caused by the Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant - and this culprit was installed with any of the Windows Live components including the Messenger. In Windows 10 this component seems to be integrated into the system and prevents me from seeing and accessing my shared folders despite the fact that I setup all sharing settings correctly. I only see the name of my PC as the file server but none of the shared folders is displayed...

I would appreciate if you have any idea...

tia, Tom
So you would like to share content from your Win 10 machine to your LG BD390? Can you install Kodi on that BD player?

Make sure your BD player is on the same network, some people like static IPs others like DHCP (I do), I just let my router do the work, it's probably smarter than what I am anyway haha.

Try using the Homegroup method mentioned in the wiki for using SMB (link in my sig below) and report back, if you get stuck anywhere.

Point to note: I just started updating SMB for Windows 10 today so that section is in progress, but the process is exactly the same as Windows 7 for reference.
Hi again. Yes from Win 10 desktop to bluray player. I use DHCP but assigned fixed IPs to my regular devices. Worked like a charm until I upgraded Win7 Pro 64bit to Win10 64bit. Before this, I had a problem caused by Windows Live (Essentials) programs but after uninstalling all of them it worked. I double checked all network settings and all so I am certain that Windows 10 installed something that used to be part of the Windows Live Essentials. I will try what is on the wiki but I am doubtful. Unfortunately, the LG BD390 is now 6 years old and does not allow the installation of external software...

Thanks in advance!

Tom

P.S. The homegroup method will not work as I cannot enter a non-windows device like my BD-390 to the homegroup - there is no dialog to enter the password...
It is more of adding folders to be shared to a workgroup and thus should be seen by your BD player.
(2015-08-22, 04:08)levi.baker88 Wrote: It is more of adding folders to be shared to a workgroup and thus should be seen by your BD player.

Hom do I add folders to a homegroup - there is only a dialog for file types - that does not help!
Please read the wiki very carefully.
I'm also having trouble with getting my Shield TV connected to my Win10 64 machine. I'm running a laptop via wireless to my router which is ethernet to the Shield, if that makes any difference. I followed all the steps in the first post, but my SATV still isn't seeing the network in ES File Explorer. One note - I'm also running Norton Internet Security - is it possible I need to add the SATV to the 'trusted devices' list?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
I am about to pull my hair out.

I am trying to set up a Dune media player/YADIS to my windows 7 computer. I followed all the directions by the OP which got ONE of my 3 hard drives to work. The other two were shared the same way and do not work.

The dune shows that it cannot identify the IP.

Anyone have any ideas how this could be?
Hi, thanks for this tutorial, but I’m getting stuck in the login part.
Trying to access windows 10 SMB shares from kodi amzn firestick is just not working. I can access the win 10 share from a windows 7 pc. Getting "Error 2: share not available." when trying to browse win 10 SMB share from firestick. Both pc's and firestick are on same home network. I've search all over kodi forum & googled but nothing has helped me solve the issue. What am I missing? fyi. I am using kodi-20151213-19fc4fa-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk 15-Dec-2015 07:51 nightly build.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO share folders over SMB using Windows 74