• 96(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2015-08-14, 21:35)WelshPaul Wrote: I'm using Kodi on Amazon Fire TV (version 15.0). I updated the addon to the one in the repoisitory and checked that the changes in the previous post were made. However, I still just get a black screen and the following comments in the log:

Code:
20:18:51 T:1842912744   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.InsecurePlatformWarning
20:18:51 T:1842912744   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:768: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html.InsecureRequestWarning)

I think your issue and the log snippet aren't related. I just cleared my entire AS cache on my development machine and then started an artist. I also see those two lines in my log, but right after that I see that AS starts downloading information from fanart.tv. To troubleshoot this further I will need you to enable debug logging in Kodi, go to the AS preferences and enable the debug logging for the addon, duplicate your issue, and then upload and post a link to your entire kodi log.
Thanks for checking pkscout. Given that it's not the add-on I upgraded my skin from Aeon MQ5 to MQ6 and the add-on is working again. Sorry for troubling you.
(2015-08-15, 00:08)WelshPaul Wrote: Thanks for checking pkscout. Given that it's not the add-on I upgraded my skin from Aeon MQ5 to MQ6 and the add-on is working again. Sorry for troubling you.

Artist Slideshow works in my MQ5 mods. If you think not I would like to see debug log showing problem.

scott s.
Hi Scott, thanks for your reply. To be honest I wasn't meaning there was a problem with MQ5 specifically either. It's more that there are so many add-ons, tweaks, etc, including bits of bespoking I do myself to music visualisations and other bits I use a lot, that inevitably some little change results in things breaking. For me it's too much hassle to try and find out what, I prefer to clean things up a bit, update stuff, and see if that resolves it.
If you really want to see the log before I updated to MQ6 it's here but please don't spend to much time hunting. From lines 1115 or so onwards I think PKScout was correct that the error message does not stop the program running, but something else (or an incorrect setting) was stopping the images showing on screen. Just as an aside though I really like MQ6 so quite an inadvertant bonus.
(2015-08-15, 16:15)WelshPaul Wrote: Hi Scott, thanks for your reply. To be honest I wasn't meaning there was a problem with MQ5 specifically either. It's more that there are so many add-ons, tweaks, etc, including bits of bespoking I do myself to music visualisations and other bits I use a lot, that inevitably some little change results in things breaking. For me it's too much hassle to try and find out what, I prefer to clean things up a bit, update stuff, and see if that resolves it.
If you really want to see the log before I updated to MQ6 it's here but please don't spend to much time hunting. From lines 1115 or so onwards I think PKScout was correct that the error message does not stop the program running, but something else (or an incorrect setting) was stopping the images showing on screen. Just as an aside though I really like MQ6 so quite an inadvertant bonus.

I didn't see any particular skin problems. When a song is playing, you should get artist slideshow info on the home screen/window.

For PKScout:

So I looked over the MQ5 skin that I have been maintaining, also the upcoming MQ6. When either of DialogSongInfo or DialogAlbumInfo are loaded, the window does a RunScript(script.artistslideshow). If a song is playing info is filled in the dialog, but if no song is playing nothing returns. Of course it doesn't matter which song the "DialogSongInfo" relates to, since artistslideshow is only looking at the nowplaying song. I'm not sure what the intent was, but if it was to populate the dialog with artistslideshow info for the focused listitem, is it possible to do this? I tried calling it like this:

Code:
RunScript(script.artistslideshow,windowid=12006&artistfield=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]&titlefield=$INFO[ListItem.Title])

but that didn't return anything. Looking at the code maybe that only works when called from another add-on?

scott s.
Hrm, the https part of the fanarttv api seems to be gone. Not sure if this is intentional. When I change the addon to use http everything starts working again.
(2015-08-16, 02:49)scott967 Wrote: So I looked over the MQ5 skin that I have been maintaining, also the upcoming MQ6. When either of DialogSongInfo or DialogAlbumInfo are loaded, the window does a RunScript(script.artistslideshow). If a song is playing info is filled in the dialog, but if no song is playing nothing returns. Of course it doesn't matter which song the "DialogSongInfo" relates to, since artistslideshow is only looking at the nowplaying song. I'm not sure what the intent was, but if it was to populate the dialog with artistslideshow info for the focused listitem, is it possible to do this? I tried calling it like this:

Code:
RunScript(script.artistslideshow,windowid=12006&artistfield=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]&titlefield=$INFO[ListItem.Title])

but that didn't return anything. Looking at the code maybe that only works when called from another add-on?

That was designed to be called from another addon. I have no idea what will happen if you call it from the skin. It might work.
(2015-08-30, 15:58)Razze Wrote: Hrm, the https part of the fanarttv api seems to be gone. Not sure if this is intentional. When I change the addon to use http everything starts working again.

OK, I give up then. I just changed AS to use http for fanart.tv and put in a pull request for the Kodi repo. If you're in a hurry to have the fix, open up default.py in the AS addon folder and look for line 912. Change the https there to http.
(2015-08-30, 23:04)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 02:49)scott967 Wrote: So I looked over the MQ5 skin that I have been maintaining, also the upcoming MQ6. When either of DialogSongInfo or DialogAlbumInfo are loaded, the window does a RunScript(script.artistslideshow). If a song is playing info is filled in the dialog, but if no song is playing nothing returns. Of course it doesn't matter which song the "DialogSongInfo" relates to, since artistslideshow is only looking at the nowplaying song. I'm not sure what the intent was, but if it was to populate the dialog with artistslideshow info for the focused listitem, is it possible to do this? I tried calling it like this:

Code:

That was designed to be called from another addon. I have no idea what will happen if you call it from the skin. It might work.

OK that's what I thought. Thanks.

scott s.
Would you consider a fallback to the picture stored within kodi if nothing else works (like getting pictures from the web)
See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236320
(2015-09-04, 23:23)Razze Wrote: Would you consider a fallback to the picture stored within kodi if nothing else works (like getting pictures from the web)
See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236320

To what stored picture are you referring? The thread you pointed to is a generic conversation about getting images from the cache.

AS already provides internally the ability to have a generic fallback folder designated to use if no images are found for an artist. AS also reports to the skin when at least 1 image is available, so skin authors could decide to show something when there are no images (I think a couple do that already).

Having said all that, I would be open to reviewing a pull request for code that would do this, but right now I'm not likely to do the code myself.
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. It just came to my attention, that there are some cases, where kodi has an artist picture and AS can't get one for some reason. So I thought why is it not using the one kodi already downloaded to the cache folder?

I'll try to do a PR.
(2015-09-05, 12:09)Razze Wrote: Sorry, that wasn't very clear. It just came to my attention, that there are some cases, where kodi has an artist picture and AS can't get one for some reason. So I thought why is it not using the one kodi already downloaded to the cache folder?

There's basically a way of doing that already. In the settings you can go to SLIDESHOW and then enable USE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND WHEN NO IMAGES FOUND. If the skin supports that flag then anything behind the normal AS display will be shown, and that is often an artist image.

If you're going to do a PR, please make sure the image display honors the user's choice regarding image resolution. By default AS only downloads and uses 16x9 images. The user can elect to download any resolution from fanart.tv or htbackdrops.org. I would suggest that if they have selected that option on either then it would be OK to display a non 16x9 image. Otherwise AS should really only display this internal image if it's also 16x9. Lastly, this should be optional, so a setting would need to be added to the SLIDESHOW section of the settings.
I recently upgraded to the latest version of KODI.
I am running this on a Xtreamer Ultra with Ubuntu.
The problem is that the slideshow works great under the skin Xperience1080, but when i use skin Aeon Nox it will show me only one picture of the artist.
Is this a skin issue or addon ? Also is there a known solution?
(2015-09-11, 12:57)arnoldvalk Wrote: I recently upgraded to the latest version of KODI.
I am running this on a Xtreamer Ultra with Ubuntu.
The problem is that the slideshow works great under the skin Xperience1080, but when i use skin Aeon Nox it will show me only one picture of the artist.
Is this a skin issue or addon ? Also is there a known solution?

If it works in one skin and not another, it's almost definitely the skin. Aeon Nox tends to be one that people report problems with relatively often.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5