• 348(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
So i now after posting the wakeup log i ssh and looked at : cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

and it says this:

Device S-state Status Sysfs node
HDEF S3 *disabled pci:0000:00:1b.0
ETH0 S3 *enabled pci:0000:01:00.0
WLAN S3 *disabled pci:0000:02:00.0
EHCI S3 *disabled
XHCI S3 *enabled pci:0000:00:14.0

Maybe this helps some more... but now i realy am out of my ssh know how and dont no what i can do to prevent the wakeups... Would be thankfull for anyhelp...
Already postet 2 wakeup logfiles

And just for info...
i only setup the chromebox exactly how it is stated in the first post via single boot direct to openelec. I did not modify anything and only have ps3 remote and lan cable connected.
(2015-08-30, 21:13)jerndl Wrote: Now I appear to be stuck. The chromebox now boots immediately to openelec without giving any time to enter any keyboard command (using a simple wired keyboard). So I try to put unit into developer mode with the paperclip and it still boots straight to openelec. I am obviously missing something that's probably something simple but I sure would appreciate any help on how to proceed from here. Thanks.

Jay

you didn't mess anything up. Immediate boot = no bootable USB device detected, that's it. Redo your Kodibuntu install media (I recommend using the updated ISO from distroshare,com) and write the ISO to your USB using Win32DiskImager. If that doesn't work, try using another USB stick.

Also, the recovery button has no function with my custom firmware. It's only usable with the stick firmware for reloading ChromeOS (which you don't need to and shouldn't do)
(2015-08-30, 21:14)busta.rhymes Wrote: So i now after posting the wakeup log i ssh and looked at : cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

and it says this:

EHCI S3 *disabled

Maybe this helps some more... but now i realy am out of my ssh know how and dont no what i can do to prevent the wakeups... Would be thankfull for anyhelp...

And just for info...
i only setup the chromebox exactly how it is stated in the first post via single boot direct to openelec. I did not modify anything and only have ps3 remote and lan cable connected.

unfortunately I didn't see anything jump out in the logs you posted, but you can try asking the OE folks on IRC, they would know better than I. I'd certainly try unpairing the PS3 remote and seeing if the problem persists, since any BT remote command will wake it (not just a specific button).
(2015-08-30, 21:21)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 21:13)jerndl Wrote: Now I appear to be stuck. The chromebox now boots immediately to openelec without giving any time to enter any keyboard command (using a simple wired keyboard). So I try to put unit into developer mode with the paperclip and it still boots straight to openelec. I am obviously missing something that's probably something simple but I sure would appreciate any help on how to proceed from here. Thanks.

Jay

you didn't mess anything up. Immediate boot = no bootable USB device detected, that's it. Redo your Kodibuntu install media (I recommend using the updated ISO from distroshare,com) and write the ISO to your USB using Win32DiskImager. If that doesn't work, try using another USB stick.

Also, the recovery button has no function with my custom firmware. It's only usable with the stick firmware for reloading ChromeOS (which you don't need to and shouldn't do)
Thanks Matt!
(2015-08-30, 21:23)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 21:14)busta.rhymes Wrote: So i now after posting the wakeup log i ssh and looked at : cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

and it says this:

EHCI S3 *disabled

And just for info...

unfortunately I didn't see anything jump out in the logs you posted, but you can try asking the OE folks on IRC, they would know better than I. I'd certainly try unpairing the PS3 remote and seeing if the problem persists, since any BT remote command will wake it (not just a specific button).

I asume that its either something comming from the bluetooth remote or its maybe comming from network such as a wake on lan signal. Maybe its the option to use smartphone as a remote and its getting some signal from my phone. First ill try resetting openelec to defaults...But yeah ill try to get in contakt with some OE if the problem persists. thanks for your help Matt :-D
I'm finally updating my openelec to 5.95.4, do I need the .tar or the img.gz to perform the update?
(2015-08-31, 02:04)afmiller Wrote: I'm finally updating my openelec to 5.95.4, do I need the .tar or the img.gz to perform the update?

sigh, linked from the wiki section on updating OpenELEC: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC
I was there Matt, still doesn't answer the question. On the downloads for openelec there is a .tar and .img.gz. Which one is needed? I'm already in the update folder, just don't want to dump the wrong file in.
(2015-08-31, 02:35)afmiller Wrote: I was there Matt, still doesn't answer the question. On the downloads for openelec there is a .tar and .img.gz. Which one is needed? I'm already in the update folder, just don't want to dump the wrong file in.

seems pretty clear to me:

Quote:First of all, head over to the downloads page and download the latest release of OpenELEC. You will need to download the standard software package, not the disk image version.

Quote:Copy the downloaded OpenELEC software (for example: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.0.tar) to the folder.
Yes it does. Read all the page.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, well I officially fail. Sorry for the confusion.
(2015-08-30, 19:24)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 16:20)FouxAM Wrote: I reset to factory settings and the "only" option I disabled was "preferred vaapi method" and that was enough to cause it to behave like that...I'm not sure what else todo

there's no need to disable 'prefer VAAPI renderer' anymore, not that that is causing the issue

(2015-08-30, 19:09)FouxAM Wrote: Hi, thank you for helping. here is the on screen log I took just a while ago while playing Tron (.mkv) ripped from blu ray using makemkv I believe
as you can see the severe frame drops and high cpu usage. It does this sporadically off and on every 3-5 mins or so.

I've run in this before, MakeMKV has some bugs, and I'd bet that's the issue here. Run the file through mkvmerge without changing anything and see if the file it produces plays correctly

(2015-08-30, 19:11)FouxAM Wrote: also toggle on/off VC1 Vaapi doesn't change any thing Sad

from your screenshot, it's an h.264-encoded video, not VC-1, so toggling that setting would have no effect.

Hey Matt I ran it though different converter and it still behave the same. Tried 3 other movies, same result. So far either disable all hard ware acceleration completely or turn vaapi preferred method on solve the problem..pretty odd. Surprisingly that no one else seems to have experienced this issue.
(2015-08-31, 05:36)FouxAM Wrote: Hey Matt I ran it though different converter and it still behave the same. Tried 3 other movies, same result. So far either disable all hard ware acceleration completely or turn vaapi preferred method on solve the problem..pretty odd. Surprisingly that no one else seems to have experienced this issue.

will need your debug kodi.log to see what's up - it's 99.9% an issue with the file(s) and not with OpenELEC/Kodi/the ChromeBox
I setup my Asus Chromebox with standalone OE beta and it works great so far, I haven't tweaked anything yet. Next I will figure out a remote to use and I have some questions about whether the EGL build mentioned earlier is needed and how to upgrade to it. I was dreading all kinds of issues with boot times, usb drives etc, but everything worked on the 1st try with an ancient 2GB usb drive that I haven't used for years which was gathering dust. I really should've done this a long time ago, that's my only regret as the procedure seems a lot more daunting than it is.

This is a content free post - I just wanted to thank Matt for his great work and tireless support here.
Quote:looks like you only allocated 1GB for OpenELEC when doing the dual boot setup, which isn't enough. You can delete the installation files (which the script should have deleted, but seems did not), but that's not going to buy you a whole lot. You basically have 2 options: 1) do a factory reset, then re-run the script and choose a larger partition size for OpenELEC, or 2) use a tool like partedmagic to resize the existing partitions to shrink sda1 and enlarge sda7.

Ok i will do that tonight. Can i run partedmagic from within OpenElec trough SSH shell? Or do i have to physically install the SSD to a PC?
  • 348(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37