• 76(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Never mind apparently it just didn't save when I took out the import command at the top. This time it made the archive successfully then rebooted. So based on that, it should also reboot when a restore completes. Thanks again for all the help.
@mattmartinolc
How do I get the direct to update (restore) and skip the first box?? That would be great for me.

Thanks
Hey guys here are a few tips ive discovered using backup to restore skin settings as well. On Windows if you put Kodi in windowed mode hit the close button(X) once backup is finished restoring and when you open Kodi the next time your skin will be restored as well. As far as FireTV and or FireTV Sticks the powercord certainly works, ive discovered alternatively if you have the Firestarter app installed on your FireTv, get it if you dont. Anyways if you have it installed this is how you restore your skins while using backup. In the FireStarter app which is a replacement home launcher you can change what the home button on your remote opens and can add a doubletap option as well set as open Kodi. By default home once opens Firestarter. So with this being said go into Kodi go to programs so you can see backup before you restore hit the home button on remote this will bring you to firestarter there highlight Kodi hit the menu button choose app settings highlight force stop, double tap home button on remote to bring you back to Kodi. Now back in Kodi open Backup restore Kodi, once the dialog box disappears hit home button on remote to bring you back to firestarter now select force stop relaunch Kodi your skin will be restored!!
(2015-08-26, 02:28)mattmartinolc Wrote: Never mind apparently it just didn't save when I took out the import command at the top. This time it made the archive successfully then rebooted. So based on that, it should also reboot when a restore completes. Thanks again for all the help.

Great, glad you got it working.

(2015-08-26, 07:20)ed_davidson Wrote: @mattmartinolc
How do I get the direct to update (restore) and skip the first box?? That would be great for me.

Thanks

Hopefully mattmartinolc responds but I'm guessing that maybe by using the program arguments the selection screen is being bypassed? An example using the RunsScript command would be:

Code:
RunScript(script.xbmcbackup,mode=restore)

If you look at the README on github it has the syntax for specifying an exact restore point or launching the backup directly. Also works via JSON.

@dmcjr22 - Great tips! I did ask on the Feature Requests area for any dev help in solving this problem. I was told that starting with post-Isengard releases of Kodi the skin settings will be stored in the addon_data folder for each skin instead of the guisettings.xml file. This means they should be fully restorable like any other addon settings. Granted this is in a future release but good news for those struggling with this problem.
Which file and where would I put that script?

Here's what I would like to do:

Put a shortcut on the home screen. When this is selected automatically have it restore a specific file, namely 111111111111 and also bypass any checks (advanced settings check and version check)
Any help please.

Also Rob I'm still getting path does not exist errors sometimes when doing a restore.
I am trying to backup Kodi on my fire tv stick to Dropbox using the backup add on ver 1.0.6 by robweber. So I can restore to other fire tv sticks accessing the backup file stored in Dropbox.

I got this process to work from a MAC computer. Does anyone know how can I achieve this on my Amazon Fire TV stick?
When I click on install Backup, it never downloads, stays at 0%, anybody else having problems?
Try a force refresh of the repo or check you internet connection
Tried force refresh. Still does not work. My Internet connection is good. Tried to download on 2 different systems and both fail same way. Must be a server problem.
(2015-08-28, 23:46)DarcMan Wrote: I am trying to backup Kodi on my fire tv stick to Dropbox using the backup add on ver 1.0.6 by robweber. So I can restore to other fire tv sticks accessing the backup file stored in Dropbox.

I got this process to work from a MAC computer. Does anyone know how can I achieve this on my Amazon Fire TV stick?

Same as you did on the Mac really. You just need a way to read the log file so you can get the authorization URL. Not sure how to do this on a FireTV but I'm sure there is a way, check the wiki? Once it's hooked up to the same datastore you'll see the restore points.

(2015-08-31, 10:12)Brock92 Wrote: Tried force refresh. Still does not work. My Internet connection is good. Tried to download on 2 different systems and both fail same way. Must be a server problem.

I would guess it's a repo issue. I've issues in the past with other addons, I usually just wait 24 hours and then it works. Probably a traffic thing.
(2015-08-31, 15:50)robweber Wrote: [quote='DarcMan' pid='2092438' dateline='1440798374']
I am trying to backup Kodi on my fire tv stick to Dropbox using the backup add on ver 1.0.6 by robweber. So I can restore to other fire tv sticks accessing the backup file stored in Dropbox.

Same as you did on the Mac really. You just need a way to read the log file so you can get the authorization URL. Not sure how to do this on a FireTV but I'm sure there is a way, check the wiki? Once it's hooked up to the same datastore you'll see the restore points.

its a pain in the ass but can be done, your gonna need a root explorer to do es files or some other you can get, its gonna have to be set to show hidden files because kodi files are hidden the log file is here /storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/ ..once again you will need firestarter installed (in firestrater settings have home click once set to firestrater double click to kodi

1) Open root explore and go here /storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/ have your root explorer setup to refresh itself i use root explorer and have refresh icon highlighted ready to go

2) On another device open the browser copy and paste this https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize?oauth_token= but dont search yet you need to add the remaing code from your log

3) Open Kodi assuming you have backup configured on dropbox and have the app key and app secret setup as well, run backup choose restore its gonna want the authorization hit home button on remote to bring you to firestarter open your file explorer hit refresh open log go all the way down untili you see something like this NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Authorize URL: https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize?oauth_token= on your other device type in the browser the rest of the code now enetr it if you did it fast enough you will be authorized if so go to kodi on firestick hit enter you will be all set... if not just repeat until you do... i chose restore so that way you dont have to back it up off the get and wait with restore it will open up the dropbox folder thats empty
3 days now trying to download the backup program. Obviously something is wrong with the repo. Does anybody know who looks after the official kodi repo?
It's part of the official kodi repo.
If you go to the kodi repo can you install any other addons?
ive installed it multiple times in the last two days it works...try uninstalling and reinstall kodi
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10