• 3(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
Good job . Please, I'll be happy if the skin will support cd display,It is very beautiful and very useful to many users. Thank you for an amazing skin
There is the possibility of spinning disk support?
I tried installing the alpha release but I am getting errors with the skinshortcuts script. You also need script.module.unidecode installed. After that everything worked fine. I will test it out in the next couple of days.

Code:
12:44:44 T:1904154328  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:44:44 T:1904154328   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named unidecode
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/default.py", line 35, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions, datafunctions, library, nodefunctions
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions, template
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-master/resources/lib/datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from unidecode import unidecode
                                            ImportError: No module named unidecode
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:44:46 T:1858204208  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
12:44:49 T:1858204208  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:02
12:44:49 T:1903151232  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:44:49 T:1903151232  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:44:52 T:1786708008   ERROR: Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:44:52 T:1914758192  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:44:52 T:1914758192  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:44:53 T:1980441128   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning
For various reasons I am still on Helix, so unable to give this a test drive.

May I ask, for Wall View, will the "Show info" option still be available (i.e. showing the fanart for selected movie), and if so, how many posters will be visible per screen?
@jurialmunkey
I found out what's causing the rendering issue - it's when the aspect ratio of the window doesn't exactly fit 16:9, like in windowed mode (which I had used when testing)
Big fan of the skin so i was so happy to see the alpha of eminence 2.

Just tried to install it and i got a "dependency not met" error.

Im on kodi 15 (isengard) on my rpi2b.

Anybody knows what the problem could be?
Did you install the dependencies list on the first post?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Yes i did but i cant find them back in kodi.
I will try again tomorow to install.
For now thanks for the great skin!
the alpha version is working very smooth. Even better then the previous one in my opinion (on Cubox-I4pro)
I realy like the redesign of the main screen editor.

the extra options showing on top of screen is different, but ok for me.

no bugs found yet.
I hope that in this release you can disable the second screen with movie,new and so on. so when i choose movie it goes to my movies and not that other screen. this also for tv show.

and are tv logo's supported?
back to the "content is too wide" topic - this is a very good example for it. This view doesn't gain anything - in contrary the lines in the list are faaaaaaar to wide which makes it hard to follow a certain line. A text covering this width would be way to hard to read as you'd have trouble finding the next line. I'm not saying that the margin around the content has to be as big as in Eminence 1, but at least in my opinion the old Eminence had a much better balance between visual appeal, easy to read/follow and enough info on screen. But yeah, tastes differ. Still looking forward to the final version Smile

edit: I never understood why so many skins have this view http://i.imgur.com/LMBiXkp.png - I mean, you really see nothing on it.
(2015-09-15, 16:27)mfwilli Wrote: For various reasons I am still on Helix, so unable to give this a test drive.

May I ask, for Wall View, will the "Show info" option still be available (i.e. showing the fanart for selected movie), and if so, how many posters will be visible per screen?

Option is not there anymore indeed. I would love to see it back as it was my preferred view.

(2015-09-16, 18:27)da-anda Wrote: Image
back to the "content is too wide" topic - this is a very good example for it. This view doesn't gain anything - in contrary the lines in the list are faaaaaaar to wide which makes it hard to follow a certain line. A text covering this width would be way to hard to read as you'd have trouble finding the next line. I'm not saying that the margin around the content has to be as big as in Eminence 1, but at least in my opinion the old Eminence had a much better balance between visual appeal, easy to read/follow and enough info on screen. But yeah, tastes differ. Still looking forward to the final version Smile

It makes it possible to have the unviewed episodes in there as well. I miss that at this point in Eminence 1 and 2. For TVshows it makes more sense for me to have a counter of the episodes I still need to watch rather then a total episode counter.
(2015-09-16, 18:57)Reflex Wrote: It makes it possible to have the unviewed episodes in there as well. I miss that at this point in Eminence 1 and 2. For TVshows it makes more sense for me to have a counter of the episodes I still need to watch rather then a total episode counter.
The info would still fit if the list would be 30% smaller Wink
Try to use the icon (busy) this .. instead of what you originally .. what do you have display problems ..

If you want I can send the file by e-mail

http://i.imgur.com/DTlnXZz.gifv
Great skin!!!

I love this skin, great work.

I am a UX designer for an event tech company in the UK and i can honestly say this skin rocks. By far and away the best skin available. I have not had the time to test version 2.0 yet but i will go through it and give some feedback in due course if that is ok?

Thank you and please keep up the good work.

Big Grin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9