• 4(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
The only thing I miss on this is the audio channel information and picture size information, other than that, excellent!
Could someone with peripheral devices test and post screenshots of the new peripheral dialog windows that I have added (v0.9.7)?
I don't have any peripheral devices so I'm skinning blind. Thanks Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
jurialmunkey,

Loving Eminence 2, but one thing I noticed which has changed from the original Eminence is that was that movie/show posters are no longer displayed in the media-info view, it's now just a fanart image.
Would it be possible to add the original poster and fanart side by side layout back in media-info view?, or add that layout as an alternative media-info 2 view? I am biased as the original media-info view was my preferred view Wink
As Eminence 2 is now in beautiful fullscreen this would look really nice, and with the enlarged content area it still would leave ample room for movie/show titles.
@hollyt9 - check latest git Wink
(2015-09-19, 03:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: @hollyt9 - check latest git Wink

Hi! New member, but I've been a user of Eminence for quite a while, and think it's easily the best skin out there for XBMC/KODI - so first of all thanks a ton!

The latest git doesn't seem to work, I tried using it to update the skin, and I get an error message saying there's something wrong with the structure.

Comments / Issues:

1 - I really miss the Big Banner / Banner Info views from Em1 - any chance these will return?

2. Are you adding extra view options for the music section? Even a simple thumbs view for the cd covers would be fine, right now, the music page is somewhat clunky! I know it's a WIP Smile

3. Right now, when I pull up the 'extra info' from the OSD menu, the whole screen (not just the video) gets dimmed, so I can't really see/read the info box Smile

Thanks again!
@KarmaMole - if you are installing from zip, you need to give the zip file a unique name each time you install. 99% sure this is the problem. I don't make the zips, github just auto generates them - hence why I can't give them unique names myself. An easy way to ensure it has a unique name is to add the date to the end - e.g. skin.eminence.2-19-9-2015.zip

1. Maybe. I'm not happy with it at the moment, so it depends on whether or not I get something I like

2. Yes, definitely. I've already added a thumbs view for music on latest git, and there will be a couple of other views to come.

3. This shouldn't be the case. Try the latest git and see if it is still happening?
I miss the option to deactivate the infobox in the Main Background. Looks nicer without that. Only the Pictures from the Movies random in Background.

And is it possible to bring some more information at the movie selection?
Like is the movie 3D? Or IMDB rating...
(2015-09-19, 10:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: @KarmaMole - if you are installing from zip, you need to give the zip file a unique name each time you install. 99% sure this is the problem. I don't make the zips, github just auto generates them - hence why I can't give them unique names myself. An easy way to ensure it has a unique name is to add the date to the end - e.g. skin.eminence.2-19-9-2015.zip

1. Maybe. I'm not happy with it at the moment, so it depends on whether or not I get something I like

2. Yes, definitely. I've already added a thumbs view for music on latest git, and there will be a couple of other views to come.

3. This shouldn't be the case. Try the latest git and see if it is still happening?

Changing the filename did indeed solve that problem, thanks Smile

Thumbnails working fine on music screen! Thanks!

The 'extra info' screen is still dimmed out, though.
I love the new way of changing the hubs and the shortcuts in the hubs. Way more user friendly then searching for shortcuts of the add-ons and add them manually. Great work on that one.

I have noticed some bugs or strange things though:
  • The global background widget does not scroll automatically. You need to go up and then go left or right to change the background to another movie. In Eminence 1 it moved to the next movie from your list in a couple of seconds.

• When clicking on the movie fan-art in the global background it goes to a blanc screen and does not open the movie as it did in Eminence 1

• I would prefer to have a notice after clicking on the restore to default button in the menu change option. I already removed all my just made menu items because I clicked the restore button by accident.

But again, great work so far, the wide view of the skin is awesome and with the "info icons" layout you made me happy.
I do agree with those who say the layout could use a bit less width. It's nice to use the extra full screen estate, but maybe not all of it. Right now, too much of the info/content is sometimes too close to the edge of the screen. This isn't so bad on smaller screens, but on big ones, the eyes have to travel back and forth. It might be better to leave a little bit of space on the sides. Not so much, but maybe a little.
I have no idea how to change the shortcuts in the hubs! Help?
I noticed another bug. In the view "media info 3" there is no watched or unwatched icon.
(2015-09-19, 18:14)KarmaMole Wrote: I have no idea how to change the shortcuts in the hubs! Help?
What do you want to know? Just go to the skin settings -> customise home menu and choose the menu you want to change and select "set Hub items".
(2015-09-19, 19:37)Reflex Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 18:14)KarmaMole Wrote: I have no idea how to change the shortcuts in the hubs! Help?
What do you want to know? Just go to the skin settings -> customise home menu and choose the menu you want to change and select "set Hub items".

That's just it. I don't get a 'set hub items'! I've customized the buttons, but I get the choices to set submenu, set color, set icon, set action, set shortcut, etc - but no 'set hub items'....
(2015-09-19, 19:37)Reflex Wrote:

That's just it. I don't get a 'set hub items'! I've customized the buttons, but I get the choices to set submenu, set color, set icon, set action, set shortcut, etc - but no 'set hub items'....
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9