• 2(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2015-09-19, 17:58)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks, proxy available for U.S. users?

There is currently no proxy option available in the plugin.

Since I have no experience using proxies and no way of testing it, I also have no short-term plan to add this feature.
(2015-09-20, 00:40)castalla Wrote: Live channels not working;

News
Parliament
Alba

Thanks for mentioning this. I fixed this bug in beta2, now available from the link in the first post.
(2015-09-20, 03:03)ld-cd Wrote: I noticed people mentioning proxys, is there some setting im missing, or are you just using proxychains?

The word proxy is used in various ways here.
  • Lunatixz was referring to a configurable option in the add-on, where you can select a particular proxy server. This was available in the now defunct iPlayer 2.7.1 add-on, but it is not available in iPlayer WWW at the moment.
  • Others were mentioning DNS proxies, which are configured in the network settings of your OS. Neither Kodi nor the add-on "know" these are used and there are no options in Kodi or the Add-on to configure them. This technology will work the same way for Kodi and the Add-on as for all other network traffic on this device.
(2015-09-20, 10:51)Dangelus Wrote: The only issue I've encountered is that it seems to list shows in alphabetical / numerical order. Since most iplayer shows that are continuing series are just listed as "Show Name, Date" ie "Question Time 16/09/2015" the order tends to get mixed up. Not a huge problem, just takes an extra step to look for the correct episode. Smile

Yes, I understand this is kind of annoying.

The problem is: How to recognize dates in programme titles and how to sort them somewhat automatically?

The only quick solution that comes to my mind would be to try and match dates and then reorder it. This way "Question Time, 16/09/2015" would become "Question Time, 2015/09/16". So dates in titles would then look strange, but it would at least be sorted in ascending order. Stupid thing is: To get the latest episode, you would need to scroll all the way to the end of the list.

Would that be an improvement from your point of view?
You can pass the date to list item as premiered then sort order by date
(2015-09-20, 11:26)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 10:51)Dangelus Wrote: The only issue I've encountered is that it seems to list shows in alphabetical / numerical order. Since most iplayer shows that are continuing series are just listed as "Show Name, Date" ie "Question Time 16/09/2015" the order tends to get mixed up. Not a huge problem, just takes an extra step to look for the correct episode. Smile

Yes, I understand this is kind of annoying.

The problem is: How to recognize dates in programme titles and how to sort them somewhat automatically?

The only quick solution that comes to my mind would be to try and match dates and then reorder it. This way "Question Time, 16/09/2015" would become "Question Time, 2015/09/16". So dates in titles would then look strange, but it would at least be sorted in ascending order. Stupid thing is: To get the latest episode, you would need to scroll all the way to the end of the list.

Would that be an improvement from your point of view?

Yes I think it would. Additionally the end user can sort the list ascending / descending in the Kodi menu as to preference.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2015-09-20, 11:34)mikey1234_5 Wrote: You can pass the date to list item as premiered then sort order by date

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea!

Didn't manage to get it to work with the premiered field, but it does work with the standard date.
(2015-09-19, 17:58)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks, proxy available for U.S. users?

Use UNOTELLY DynamoDNS it works a treat. I can get you a referral link if you wish.
All live channels working great here in Canada, using DynamoDNS. Many thanks.
(2015-09-20, 11:45)Dangelus Wrote: Yes I think it would. Additionally the end user can sort the list ascending / descending in the Kodi menu as to preference.

I tried Mikey's suggestion and managed to get something similar to what he proposed to work. Please try beta4 and let me know if it works for you. Sorting by date should now be available in the Kodi menu and should work for shows which contain the date in the title.
(2015-09-20, 17:39)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 11:45)Dangelus Wrote: Yes I think it would. Additionally the end user can sort the list ascending / descending in the Kodi menu as to preference.

I tried Mikey's suggestion and managed to get something similar to what he proposed to work. Please try beta4 and let me know if it works for you. Sorting by date should now be available in the Kodi menu and should work for shows which contain the date in the title.

That's solved the problem completely. Fantastic! Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Great add-on, thanks @CaptainT

SWMBO is very happy now she can access iplayer again.
Cheers for the update working perfectly.
Speaking as a keen user of Kodi, however someone who knows nothing about coding or the like can I just say thanks very much for this.

Working superbly for me.
@CaptainT thanks for this. Working well for me on Pi.
Any chance of adding a repo for this, so we get updates automatically?
Info here: Add-on_repositories#Repository_Add-on (wiki)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12