• 4(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2015-09-23, 17:48)skydivertricky Wrote: Good plugin - nice just playing the highest quality available - other Iplayer app just confuses the wife with all the stream options
Only thing Ive noticed so far: "Fastest" shouldnt be a quality option. It should be "highest". Surely a lower bitrate would be "fastest" as it would load faster in theory.

Good point. I understand this can be confusing. Will change this in the future.

Quote:Another request - any chance you could display the channel the programs originally came from? or even break down the programming by channel?

This relates to a similar point as the question for support of trakt.tv. While it is possible to scrape this information for some programmes, it will make the add-on more likely to break. Please especially consider that this is not available for all programmes, so it would also make the plugin much more complicated. Thus, I have no plan of doing this.
(2015-09-24, 01:15)Grand Total Wrote: Not sure what it means, but I just went to the dropcanvas site to download this add-on and saw the following message at the bottom of the page.

Quote:This canvas expires in: 3 days

Sounds like I have a deadline for the next beta. Confused

Seriously: These downloads are only temporary, this is not a long term solution.

(2015-09-24, 14:00)DavidMelbourne Wrote: Thanks man, I'm using plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.0.0beta4, how do I keep up with updates?

Currently, you need to watch this thread. Once the add-on reaches a release state it might be submitted to the offcial repo. Currently, there is one problem which causes some users not to be able to access some programmes. I need to find a solution for this before the add-on can be released. I already have an idea how to solve it, but I need to find the time to actually do it.
(2015-09-25, 07:28)CaptainT Wrote: Currently, there is one problem which causes some users not to be able to access some programmes. I need to find a solution for this before the add-on can be released. I already have an idea how to solve it, but I need to find the time to actually do it.
Thanks for looking into issue that I am having on my RPi2 with current latest beta version of openelec installed CaptainT. I hope your able to fix the catch-up playback problem I am having on many items when you have some spare time. Looking forward to testing and long term use, as soon as you think its fixed. Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Still loving the add-on Smile

Can I make a cheeky request? It would be great to include a "Favourites" section that we can add shows to. The official Fire TV iPlayer app has a similar feature but this has become my daily driver now.

Brilliant work.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
CaptainT, thank you very much for this great plugin. I love it!
(2015-09-25, 11:23)Dangelus Wrote: Can I make a cheeky request?

Any request is welcome, but no guarantees. Rofl

(2015-09-25, 11:23)Dangelus Wrote: It would be great to include a "Favourites" section that we can add shows to. The official Fire TV iPlayer app has a similar feature but this has become my daily driver now.

Does the official app use your login to store this data? In other words, did you sign-in to the iPlayer website to make use of this feature?

Background: This would be the only way I could imagine to integrate this into the add-on.
(2015-09-25, 19:36)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 11:23)Dangelus Wrote: Can I make a cheeky request?

Any request is welcome, but no guarantees. Rofl

(2015-09-25, 11:23)Dangelus Wrote: It would be great to include a "Favourites" section that we can add shows to. The official Fire TV iPlayer app has a similar feature but this has become my daily driver now.

Does the official app use your login to store this data? In other words, did you sign-in to the iPlayer website to make use of this feature?

Background: This would be the only way I could imagine to integrate this into the add-on.

No I don't need to login to iPlayer in the official app. I'm guessing it just creates a local symbolic link to particular shows in the app's user data?

I'm guessing I could just add shows to the general Kodi favourites in the context menu if you don't think it's possible to do. Smile
Thanks for your hard work CaptainT.
The live streams are working for me in Denmark with unlocator. 50fps F1 is pretty cool.
None of the on-demand streams are working. It doesn't get past the program title.
Mikey's BBC iPlayer 0.1.2 is the opposite right now. On-demand works, live tv dead.

On-demand stream errors:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
(2015-09-26, 09:08)mumbo Wrote: Thanks for your hard work CaptainT.
The live streams are working for me in Denmark with unlocator. 50fps F1 is pretty cool.
None of the on-demand streams are working. It doesn't get past the program title.
Mikey's BBC iPlayer 0.1.2 is the opposite right now. On-demand works, live tv dead.

I assume that you are experiencing the same problem as MikeKL. Please update to Beta5 (see first post of the thread). This should resolve your issue.
(2015-09-25, 19:51)Dangelus Wrote: No I don't need to login to iPlayer in the official app. I'm guessing it just creates a local symbolic link to particular shows in the app's user data?

I'm guessing I could just add shows to the general Kodi favourites in the context menu if you don't think it's possible to do. Smile

Hmmm. Something similar might be possible for the add-in, too. Not 100% sure, though and I think this would be a feature for a future release.

Am I correct to assume that this would only make sense for programmes with multiple episodes? So things like EastEnders, Strictly Come Dancing or Top Gear?
(2015-09-26, 09:42)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 09:08)mumbo Wrote: Thanks for your hard work CaptainT.

I assume that you are experiencing the same problem as MikeKL. Please update to Beta5 (see first post of the thread). This should resolve your issue.
mumbo, to confirm that I installed beta 5 last night and it appears to have completely fixed my catch-up playback issues. Live and catch-up both working GREAT!

I have modified the settings of the catch-up to ensure I always have control over what stream quality level I can select for a given item.
(Mornings highest quality streams play well, but generally then not as well in the evenings, where pausing spoils program watch, requiring a step or two down in Quality)

I am now ready to switch to iPlayer WWW as my preferred Kodi add-on for BBC streaming and to remove a number of alternative methods. (iPlayer WWW is working that well CoolCool)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
CaptainT kindly check
Live CH not working
I m using beta5 on android
(2015-09-26, 09:47)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 19:51)Dangelus Wrote: No I don't need to login to iPlayer in the official app. I'm guessing it just creates a local symbolic link to particular shows in the app's user data?

Hmmm. Something similar might be possible for the add-in, too. Not 100% sure, though and I think this would be a feature for a future release.

Am I correct to assume that this would only make sense for programmes with multiple episodes? So things like EastEnders, Strictly Come Dancing or Top Gear?

Yeah, that's what I'd use it for. A short cut to favourite regular shows.

Thanks again for considering this feature for the future.
(2015-09-26, 10:44)khuram2146 Wrote: CaptainT kindly check
Live CH not working
I m using beta5 on android

I just tried it and live works fine here.

Do you get any error messages? Can you provide a snippet from your kodi.log file, please?
Captain T,

Just wanted to say thanks for maintaining a addon for iPlayer that is still working.

Under the categories section,if I select a category (history for example) the list that appears then shows episodes from iPlayer randomly. Maybe by date?

If I go to the alpha section though and select a letter, I am then presented with a list of shows. I can then select a show and see all episodes.

Is it possible to have the shows appear in the categories section instead of just individual episodes? That makes it easier than having to look in the categories section for shows I might want to watch, and then going back to the alpha section to find the rest of the episodes. I think this was the way it was done in iplayer lite.

Hope what I'm saying makes sense.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12