• 328(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hey guys, so I have a problem with RCB.

Here's what I get each time when i'm trying to add local source for my Roms (ROM folder).

First this : http://imgur.com/Bhz1gw3

Then : http://imgur.com/kzoPI2h

It's doing this too when I tried with a single rom with non-ascii characters so I don't understand.

Anyone could say what is it about ? Thanks
I recently found Big Box made by Jason Carr the maker of LaunchBox. I tried it out and love it. It loads right from Kodi now and look amazing. Here is a Video of it.
(2015-08-04, 19:05)Hyperglide Wrote: Hello,

I'm having a problem with the video snaps in Rom Collection Browser. All my games no longer display the snaps after I downloaded one yesterday. When I rollover a game the audio from the clips still play but the video does not. It's just completely blank. My entire ROM collection is being affected not a specific console, or handheld. All my video files are .mp4 files and they were working fine until yesterday.

All my other media works too. I can still see screenshots, fanart, boxes for front and back. I've tried using all types of various skins like Aeon MQ6, Confluence, Aeon Nox, Rapier. I've tried all RCB skins like Simplicity, Confluence and Night. I've updated my Windows Media player. Nothing seems to be correcting the issue.

Also I'm using Kodi 15.0 Isengard.

Help please.

Did you ever get this to work? I'm having trouble loading mine on Android, but I'm trying to make my own...not d/l. Couple of questions:

What is the normal/accepted size of the mp4 video? 1080 X 720 too big?
Can video clips be stored on SMB or SD Card?
Is there a time/filesize limit to these clips?
(2015-09-19, 14:01)Cyphress Wrote: I recently found Big Box made by Jason Carr the maker of LaunchBox. I tried it out and love it. It loads right from Kodi now and look amazing. Here is a Video of it.

Do you know if free of charge?

Tks
No, LaunchBox is not free, therefore I will happily stay with RCB for the time being. I hope that Malte will be back in full swing soon. Maybe he should let some talented coders help him out with keeping RCB up to date? (just a thought)
I recently installed retroarch on openelec from this site:

sourceforge.net/projects/retroarch-openelec/

I managed to get the emulator to launch via Rom Collection Browser just fine but there is no audio. If I launch the retroarch program directly from programs menu, audio works fine. Launching the same command I am using (<Path to rom.sh> <core> <path to rom>) via ssh also allows audio to work fine. I'm not sure why launching it via rom collection browser would stop the audio from working.

Anyone ever experience this or have any insight on what might cause RCB to stop audio

***FIX***
Apparently the suspend audio option in RCB doesn't really suspend all audio. I had to disable navigation sounds in kodi and change keep audio device alive to off. Once that was done I had no more problems.
BUG: Save Config does not work in RCB for Android (Kodi Isengard)
edit: seems to be skin specific (mq5) save configuration works on confluence.
RCB will not allow me to add a gameplay (video) folder to scan for video snaps.

http://xbmclogs.com/p2sjxdetd

Edit: I had to actually delete and rebuild rom collection for the video snaps to show up.
Kodi 1: | Device: Minix X8-H Android Box (rooted) | OS: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 7.1.12
Kodi 2: | Device: HP Pavillion Laptop | OS: Windows 8.1 | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 14.2-rc1 (Helix Mod)
Tongue 
First of all i like to thanks everybody who is involved to this nice addon. I really love and enjoy it. Just awesome. Thank you so much guys.

After 4 days reading and settting up everything i ended up so far so good with everything working. I just have a few small problems I coulnt solve and maybe someone can help me with this.

My setup:
non-rooted Fire Tv with Isengard v15.1

1. My C64.EMU only loads the Emu Menu only and does not do an autostart of the rom. I have C64.EMU APK Version 1.5.12. I tried to find or buy the newest version to probably solve the problem but it is impossible to buy it without having a supported device. Maybe somebody can give me a hint for this also. I don't have any other Android Device except the Fire Tv.

2. Sometimes after I exit the Emu game back to Kodi, the RCB Screens stays blank like having no games imported. I always have to close it and start again. Everything comes back but also reset the Viewmode that is really annoying.

Thats all I can complain about.

Hope to get some help of the genius here in the forum....
Im not familliar with c64.emu but I imagine like most emulators there would be a command line parameter to launch a game directly. Open your emulator setup in rcb and put that param in the "Emu Params" box before the %ROM%

Ive never experienced the second problem so Im no help there.
Ohh yea, the reason I came here...

Im having a problem where rom collection browser seems to be completely ignoring the secondary discs in multiple disc games. It displays only one entry for each multi disc game (i assume disc 1?) and it doesn't give me an option to choose which disc loads when I select it.

Ive googled a bit and it sounded like its supposed to pop up a menu that lets me choose which disc, but this is not happening.

Am I doing something wrong?
(2015-10-05, 06:20)tjwoosta Wrote: Ohh yea, the reason I came here...

Im having a problem where rom collection browser seems to be completely ignoring the secondary discs in multiple disc games. It displays only one entry for each multi disc game (i assume disc 1?) and it doesn't give me an option to choose which disc loads when I select it.

Ive googled a bit and it sounded like its supposed to pop up a menu that lets me choose which disc, but this is not happening.

Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure the file names end with _Disk# (by default but you can change that, I do to _Disc), eg.
SomeGame_Disk1.iso
SomeGame_Disk2.iso

You will probably have to delete that particular rom collection (just games, not games + config) and then re-import.
I tried changing the files like that and importing again, same issue. I also tried changing the regex to \(Disk .*\) as described here...
Quote:Disk indicator

This is used to detect multi rom games. RCB should not show every rom file in th UI if they all belong to the same game. Second reason to use this property are emulators that support loading more than one file at once (like uae). RCB can't rely on file numbering because you will also have different releases for one game (Lemmings, Lemmings 2, Lemmings 3).

Example: If you have some rom files named "Mygame.adf", "Mygame 2_Disk1.adf" and "Mygame 2_Disk2.adf" you should use "_Disk*." as Disk indicator and these files will be detected as two games "Mygame" and "Mygame 2" where "Mygame 2" consists of two rom files. In the UI you will see the "friendly" gamename "Mygame 2". If you have your emulatorCmd configured to support multiple rom files you can load both files at once.

You can use regular expressions to support rom names like "MyGame (Disk 1).zip", "MyGame (Disk 2).zip". In this case your disk indicator should look like this: \(Disk .*\)

But the problem is the same no matter what I change it to. I even tried leaving it blank hoping it would stop filtering the other discs out, but no luck.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it. Im dumb, I was using \(Disk .*\) when I needed \(Disc .*\) Smile
Next issue...

I constantly have the words "Console" "Genre" "Year" "Publisher" right in the middle of the screen. Its the category names for the drop down filter panel, but they're definitely not aligned right, and just stay right in the center of my screen at all times, even when the filter panel is closed. It happens with all three available themes.

Here are some pics... (click for fullsize)

Its a bit hard to see against this wallpaper, but you get the idea

Hello,

I'm having an issue with rom collection brwoser not displaying artwork for some of my SNES games (not always the same).
The artwork is in the correct folders so it has been downloaded successfully.

This issue was mentioned a few months ago on this thread but I couldn't find a solution on the following posts.

Previous post was

(2015-05-21, 23:02)nadonate Wrote: Great Add-on!

PROBLEM 2

After initial setup and online scrape, only 2 or 3 games in my collection display info or artwork. When I reset RCB 22 or 3 different games will display info and artwork. It seems to successfully scrape, all the nfo files are intact and it pulls all the artwork successfully, but I can't get RCB to display info and artwork for all my games at once.

I don't now if I've missed the solution or if there aren't any.

My setup is:
Windows 7
Kodi Isengard v15.1

Thanks.
(2015-10-05, 21:08)tjwoosta Wrote: Next issue...

I constantly have the words "Console" "Genre" "Year" "Publisher" right in the middle of the screen. Its the category names for the drop down filter panel, but they're definitely not aligned right, and just stay right in the center of my screen at all times, even when the filter panel is closed. It happens with all three available themes.

Here are some pics... (click for fullsize)

Its a bit hard to see against this wallpaper, but you get the idea

Download the one from his github.
https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser
  • 328(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20