v16 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis
(2015-09-28, 18:31)sammarbella Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 17:47)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Well, let's see....ran beta 1 on Helix, then Isengard and NOW Jarvis....so yeah, it fucking works. Regardless of what you said or the developer said, I have it running with no issues and no modifications. If you can't download this and get it running, then yeah USER ERROR.

FLAWLESS execution is something very far to simply make Isengard or Jarvis run with a public preview beta skin for Helix in any state of execution.

I can dirt upgrade (upgrade on top...no uninstall/install clean) a Helix install with the public preview skin to Isengard and even to Jarvis but half menus are broke (no surprise).

Try to clean install Jarvis and then install public preview: no way doing it via zip install (it doesn't install) , you need to hack your way installing it manually to the addon folder (unzipping the skin zip there) and then you get a strange frankenbuild Jarvis setup.

Yes, Frankenstein was alive...but not very FLAWLESS.

Big Grin

Ok, so I bit and decided to try out your steps and I'll be damned you were right Wink Laugh Rofl I've done nothing but upgrades since helix and the skin works just fine. I did a clean install of Jarvis nightly and I can see what you mean. I don't understand how a version upgraded(no changes to skin/xml files) can work but a clean install of the same files doesn't(more of a personal thought really). Anyways, what goes well with a plate full of shoe?
(2015-09-28, 20:40)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 18:31)sammarbella Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 17:47)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Well, let's see....ran beta 1 on Helix, then Isengard and NOW Jarvis....so yeah, it fucking works. Regardless of what you said or the developer said, I have it running with no issues and no modifications. If you can't download this and get it running, then yeah USER ERROR.

FLAWLESS execution is something very far to simply make Isengard or Jarvis run with a public preview beta skin for Helix in any state of execution.

I can dirt upgrade (upgrade on top...no uninstall/install clean) a Helix install with the public preview skin to Isengard and even to Jarvis but half menus are broke (no surprise).

Try to clean install Jarvis and then install public preview: no way doing it via zip install (it doesn't install) , you need to hack your way installing it manually to the addon folder (unzipping the skin zip there) and then you get a strange frankenbuild Jarvis setup.

Yes, Frankenstein was alive...but not very FLAWLESS.

Big Grin

Ok, so I bit and decided to try out your steps and I'll be damned you were right Wink Laugh Rofl I've done nothing but upgrades since helix and the skin works just fine. I did a clean install of Jarvis nightly and I can see what you mean. I don't understand how a version upgraded(no changes to skin/xml files) can work but a clean install of the same files doesn't(more of a personal thought really). Anyways, what goes well with a plate full of shoe?

I found a bit of crow with a pinch of hat worked for me Wink.

Tried the same thin, and I must admit, this Franken-Aeon just... no. I've gone back to the Alpha on my Isengard 15.2 setup. Not perfect, but it works well enough.
(2015-09-28, 20:40)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Ok, so I bit and decided to try out your steps and I'll be damned you were right Wink Laugh Rofl I've done nothing but upgrades since helix and the skin works just fine. I did a clean install of Jarvis nightly and I can see what you mean. I don't understand how a version upgraded(no changes to skin/xml files) can work but a clean install of the same files doesn't(more of a personal thought really). Anyways, what goes well with a plate full of shoe?

When you dirt install a new Kodi version over an older main version if the addon is already installed there is no check of needed version and additional requirements for addons, sometimes these addons could be flagged incompatible and/or doesn't work at all.

When you clean install a Kodi version and then you try to install addons, the addons who declare the need of an older main Kodi version can't be installed.

This "declarations" are defined on a file named addon.xml:

Quote:Every skin, script, or plugin in Kodi contains an addon.xml file which describes the add-on, providing credits, version information and dependencies. Below, we will explain how this file is structured and which elements must be used to create an add-on for Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml

Open the public preview 2.4.0.beta 1 addon.xml and you can read these lines (between others):

<addon id="skin.aeonmq6" version="2.4.0" name="Aeon MQ 6"
provider-name="MarcosQui">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>

The bolded part means this addon requieres Kodi Helix (14.x) to be installed.

Now look the same lines in the aeon mq5 7.1.12 (scott967's Aeon MQ 5 Isengard)

<addon id="skin.aeonmq5" version="7.1.12" name="Aeon MQ 5 Isengard"
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.9.0"/>

The bolded part means this addon requieres Kodi Isengard (15.x) to be installed.

Now look at this table the GUI column who define the number of the supported main XBMC/Kodi version by the skin engine (xbmc.gui) :

http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#Dependency_versions

The table is not yet updated to include the version flag for Kodi Jarvis (16.x): 5.10.0.

These are the lines from Transparency! skin for nighty builds (right now Jarvis):

<addon id="skin.transparency" version="9.0.3" name="Transparency!" provider-name="ronie">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>

Each xbmc.gui version change implies changes in skin engine and menus structure/elements (dialogs)/items (buttons)/etc who must be adapted in skin code by developers to be compatible:

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Helix:

xbmc.gui version bump
5.0.2 (details)
5.1.0 (details)
5.2.0 (details)
5.3.0 (details)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194515

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Isengard:

xbmc.gui version bump

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211896

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Jarvis:

xbmc.gui version bump

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231270

When we understand that skin engine change trough main Kodi versions it's easy to understand why skin addons developed for older Kodi version can't work properly on newer kodi.
(2015-09-28, 23:05)sammarbella Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 20:40)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Ok, so I bit and decided to try out your steps and I'll be damned you were right Wink Laugh Rofl I've done nothing but upgrades since helix and the skin works just fine. I did a clean install of Jarvis nightly and I can see what you mean. I don't understand how a version upgraded(no changes to skin/xml files) can work but a clean install of the same files doesn't(more of a personal thought really). Anyways, what goes well with a plate full of shoe?

When you dirt install a new Kodi version over an older main version if the addon is already installed there is no check of needed version and additional requirements for addons, sometimes these addons could be flagged incompatible and/or doesn't work at all.

When you clean install a Kodi version and then you try to install addons, the addons who declare the need of an older main Kodi version can't be installed.

This "declarations" are defined on a file named addon.xml:

Quote:Every skin, script, or plugin in Kodi contains an addon.xml file which describes the add-on, providing credits, version information and dependencies. Below, we will explain how this file is structured and which elements must be used to create an add-on for Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml

Open the public preview 2.4.0.beta 1 addon.xml and you can read these lines (between others):

<addon id="skin.aeonmq6" version="2.4.0" name="Aeon MQ 6"
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>

The bolded part means this addon requieres Kodi Helix (14.x) to be installed.

Now look the same lines in the aeon mq5 7.1.12 (scott967's Aeon MQ 5 Isengard)

<addon id="skin.aeonmq5" version="7.1.12" name="Aeon MQ 5 Isengard"
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.9.0"/>

The bolded part means this addon requieres Kodi Isengard (15.x) to be installed.

Now look at this table the GUI column who define the number of the supported main XBMC/Kodi version by the skin engine (xbmc.gui) :

http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#Dependency_versions

The table is not yet updated to include the version flag for Kodi Jarvis (16.x): 5.10.0.

These are the lines from Transparency! skin for nighty builds (right now Jarvis):

<addon id="skin.transparency" version="9.0.3" name="Transparency!" provider-name="ronie">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>

Each xbmc.gui version change implies changes in skin engine and menus structure/elements (dialogs)/items (buttons)/etc who must be adapted in skin code by developers to be compatible:

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Helix:

xbmc.gui version bump
5.0.2 (details)
5.1.0 (details)
5.2.0 (details)
5.3.0 (details)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194515

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Isengard:

xbmc.gui version bump

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211896

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Jarvis:

xbmc.gui version bump

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231270

When we understand that skin engine change trough main Kodi versions it's easy to understand why skin addons developed for older Kodi version can't work properly on newer kodi.

Awesome info and cool to know. Even though it's saying Helix is required to be installed, when upgraded (say helix to isengard) why wouldn't the menus and everything look the same as when doing a fresh install? As I could make a video right now showing Jarvis upgraded from helix/isengard doesn't look like the franken-aeon. (No need to go crazy technical as I'm just slightly interested)
(2015-09-29, 00:52)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Awesome info and cool to know. Even though it's saying Helix is required to be installed, when upgraded (say helix to isengard) why wouldn't the menus and everything look the same as when doing a fresh install? As I could make a video right now showing Jarvis upgraded from helix/isengard doesn't look like the franken-aeon. (No need to go crazy technical as I'm just slightly interested)

You are not going to have an correct GUI menu and dialog structure with an Helix skin with Jarvis (or Isengard) in the cases where they didn't exist previously or are changed, the same applies to other changes like added/removed buttons.

I.E.:

This is the partial list of changes in Jarvis for skin engines:

Quote:new windows
DialogAudioDSPManager.xml (details)
DialogAudioDSPSettings.xml (details)
EventLog.xml (details)
DialogPVRInfo.xml (details)
DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo.xml (details)

removed windows
MusicOverlay.xml (details)
VideoOverlay.xml (details)
DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml (details)
DialogPVRRecordingInfo.xml (details)
VisualisationPresetList.xml (details)
DialogFileStacking.xml (details)
DialogGamepad.xml (details)
MyMusicSongs.xml (details)
DialogPeripheralManager.xml (details)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2044768

You will not see any of the new windows dialogs with a kodi skin addon on Jarvis and the removed windows you still see are not pointing anywhere valid (blank) in Jarvis now

If you force the upgrade of Kodi version with incompatible skin already installed or force install the addon manually you will get this kind of franken-Aeon result.

Confused
(2015-09-29, 01:44)sammarbella Wrote: If you force the upgrade of Kodi version with incompatible skin already installed or force install the addon manually you will get this kind of franken-Aeon result.
Confused

Meh....I should've taken a screen shot of what I saw on a fresh install manually installing the skin versus what my upgrade looks like as they are night and day so I can argue that upgrading doesn't create the same effect(although I don't use PVR so I can't speak on that.) As far as watching movies/tv shows playing music (all locally in library/file mode) and running addons, I haven't seen any difference between helix/isengard/jarvis(using 9-27 nightly).
(2015-09-29, 02:06)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 01:44)sammarbella Wrote: If you force the upgrade of Kodi version with incompatible skin already installed or force install the addon manually you will get this kind of franken-Aeon result.
Confused

Meh....I should've taken a screen shot of what I saw on a fresh install manually installing the skin versus what my upgrade looks like as they are night and day so I can argue that upgrading doesn't create the same effect(although I don't use PVR so I can't speak on that.) As far as watching movies/tv shows playing music (all locally in library/file mode) and running addons, I haven't seen any difference between helix/isengard/jarvis(using 9-27 nightly).

A simple example from the list of changes in Jarvis that you can reproduce in franken-Aeon:

new windows
EventLog.xml (details)

Quote:2015-08-11 new window - EventLog.xml

this window (EventLog) can be accessed from Settings > System > Logging > Show event log.
it will display all kind of kodi events.

it also introduces a new infolabel:
ListItem.DateTime
it returns the date and time a certain event happened.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2080363

If i navigate to ´Settings > System > Logging > Show event log´ it will see this window using Transparency! 9.0.3 (Jarvis compatible skin):

If i do the same using the Aeon MQ6 public preview 2.4.0 beta 1 in Jarvis i get this:

Do you see something in the black window? (blank).

Nerd

The OP showed us in his post what we will see using his Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis in this same window:

(2015-09-29, 03:00)sammarbella Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 02:06)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
Confused

A simple example from the list of changes in Jarvis that you can reproduce in franken-Aeon:

new windows
EventLog.xml (details)

Quote:2015-08-11 new window - EventLog.xml

this window (EventLog) can be accessed from Settings > System > Logging > Show event log.
it will display all kind of kodi events.

it also introduces a new infolabel:
ListItem.DateTime
it returns the date and time a certain event happened.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2080363

If i navigate to ´Settings > System > Logging > Show event log´ it will see this window using Transparency! 9.0.3 (Jarvis compatible skin):

If i do the same using the Aeon MQ6 public preview 2.4.0 beta 1 in Jarvis i get this:

Do you see something in the black window? (blank).

Nerd

The OP showed us in his post what we will see using his Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis in this same window:

I realize I won't see the new menus....as I stated, as far as playing movies/music/tvshows and running addons(at least the ones I have), there isn't any difference between helix/isengard/jarvis(obviously only using upgraded method).
I think a few post in this thread should be deleted. I came here looking for mq mods. So is this a mod or what?
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Yes it got hijacked. I have been working to get Aeon MQ5 up to speed for Jarvis. Here is a link to the skin ver 8.1.13 alpha 2. This alpha requires at least Kodi 16 A3 but probably best to use the latest nightly as some A4 stuff might be incorporated. Link to download is here: Jarvismod 8.1.13 alpha 2

Main new thing for Jarvis is the event viewer.

There also is improved PVR timer creation (this is more of a Kodi thing than skin thing).

In views, you can now use the menu action to bring up the top menu. Now in the default keyboard keymap, the <m> key is assigned to this, so you can use "m" to immediately jump to the top menu.

I made some change on the video now-playing playlist when playing music video. Partly this is to make better use of the playlist when in party mode.

I changed the now-playing music playlist to fix how fanart/extrafanart is used.

Meanwhile I am working on windows for the new audio DSP manager and settings.

Any feedback on MQ5 in Jarvis please post here. Hopefully the MQ6 folks can find a better thread for their posts.

scott s.
@scott967

Sorry for derail your thread.Confused

Thanks you very much for share this alpha version of your mod!

I will use it with the nighthy builds and report any problem here.

The PVR changes in Jarvis seems very interesting for me because i use kodi as my only TV frontend.
Yeah, I apologize as well. Sometimes the keyboard warrior comes out in me and I can't stop him!

@Sammarbella: I just figured out why upgrading from helix to jarvis looks different on mine versus what you were seeing. I extracted the textures.xbt file and deleted it. That gives a fully functioning 2.4.0 on jarvis (minus what we had talked about earlier) without the franken-aeon look! I'm sure scott967 will get this released before MQ does so it's not that big a deal, I just wanted to let you know (as if you care Wink Tongue ).
Thank you Scott. The rest of you piss off! I am sic of going to threads and reading the same bull....

Thank you again Scott sorry your great work gets lost in unless information.

Please keep this thread about mq5 jarvis.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2015-10-15, 01:22)Rjsachse Wrote: Thank you Scott. The rest of you piss off! I am sic of going to threads and reading the same bull....

Thank you again Scott sorry your great work gets lost in unless information.

Please keep this thread about mq5 jarvis.

Uh oh, we better do as he says. Rofl Made ya look again.
I've been playing around with the now playing video playlist some (also in Isengard) with the idea of making it an option for party mode. Of course there is "next playing tracks" options in music viz window and home window, but this is using the library views. It seems that "right list" is most useful as an option to use in party mode. It seems more an idea for music videos as I don't see that it adds much for music.

I am also working on the audio DSP dialogs. You have to kind of hunt down some DSP addons to try it out (in confluence for now).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis1