• 80(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
I've been trying some stuff with the "download from URL" and was thinking along the same lines I think. My latest test left the settings alone and added an option after clicking "Restore" that allowed you to select an existing restore point or select "Download Zip From URL" and then enter the URL. This keeps the backup and restore settings alone - those area really meant for normal repository type situations. Not one-off downloads from a URL.
(2015-10-29, 22:35)robweber Wrote: I've been trying some stuff with the "download from URL" and was thinking along the same lines I think. My latest test left the settings alone and added an option after clicking "Restore" that allowed you to select an existing restore point or select "Download Zip From URL" and then enter the URL. This keeps the backup and restore settings alone - those area really meant for normal repository type situations. Not one-off downloads from a URL.

Would there be a way to put in the URL to the folder which holds the restore zipped files?

Also I've noticed that the dbmc addon has an issue with the special protocol. You can't use special://temp you have to use the platform specific path which is in convient at times.
Tried to backup an isengard 15.2 running on Mac OS X and restore to a pc win10 clean install also running Isengard 15.2. No love. Restarted the of after it completed and it was still in confluence skin. Not aeon nox 5 with all my settings and profiles. Even though it checked it to backup everything.

Sure don't want to build fresh. Any ideas what I can try and do?
Copy the guisettings.xml file over manually in Windows file manager. It's found in the userdata folder.
yup, did that. Most of it worked but definately had issues with artwork and such. So I went ahead and copied the userdata folder directly from the Mac to the PC and I'm checking everything out now. Looking good so far.
Yes it is kind of tricky restoring from one OS to another. You really have to edit the paths in the GUISETTINGS.xml file from Mac specific to special:// then it will work. Also delete the textures13.db file and the thumbnails folder.
(2015-11-06, 15:19)ed_davidson Wrote: Copy the guisettings.xml file over manually in Windows file manager. It's found in the userdata folder.

(2015-11-06, 16:48)ed_davidson Wrote: Yes it is kind of tricky restoring from one OS to another. You really have to edit the paths in the GUISETTINGS.xml file from Mac specific to special:// then it will work. Also delete the textures13.db file and the thumbnails folder.

Great tips, thank you!
Is there a way to merge the backups? I'm using several machines that have Kodi installed and I would like to create a daily backup from all devices and merge it, then restore it to each device so everything is in sync. I'm not a fan of the substitution and NAS-setup because when then NAS is unavailable Kodi has a bit of a problem running. Several accounts would solve that, but than I have all data clustered with one account working locally and one account working on the network.
Hi,

I am using Backup on Openelec 6 on RPi2

What command do I use to start a backup run from ssh?

Regards
Hi Rob,

I'm a new RPI2 and Openelec owner and I'm trying to Backup my Files using Google Drive. Authentication works and it starts Backup, but after backing up Addons iI get a failed message.

Log says:
Code:
22:58:01 6971.757324 T:1746924608   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'ssl.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: The read operation timed out
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/default.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 256, in run
                                                filesCopied = self.backupFiles(fileGroup['files'],self.xbmc_vfs,self.remote_vfs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 473, in backupFiles
                                                dest.mkdir(dest.root_path + aFile[len(source.root_path) + 1:])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 374, in mkdir
                                                newFolder.Upload()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/pydrive/files.py", line 226, in Upload
                                                self._FilesInsert(param=param)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/pydrive/auth.py", line 54, in _decorated
                                                return decoratee(self, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/pydrive/files.py", line 246, in _FilesInsert
                                                metadata = self.auth.service.files().insert(**param).execute()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2client/lib/oauth2client/util.py", line 137, in positional_wrapper
                                                return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.googleapi/lib/apiclient/http.py", line 722, in execute
                                                body=self.body, headers=self.headers)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2client/lib/oauth2client/util.py", line 137, in positional_wrapper
                                                return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2client/lib/oauth2client/client.py", line 556, in new_request
                                                redirections, connection_type)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.httplib2/lib/httplib2/__init__.py", line 1570, in request
                                                (response, content) = self._request(conn, authority, uri, request_uri, method, body, headers, redirections, cachekey)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.httplib2/lib/httplib2/__init__.py", line 1317, in _request
                                                (response, content) = self._conn_request(conn, request_uri, method, body, headers)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.httplib2/lib/httplib2/__init__.py", line 1286, in _conn_request
                                                response = conn.getresponse()
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1030, in getresponse
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 407, in begin
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 429, in readline
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 241, in recv
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.0/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 160, in read
                                            SSLError: The read operation timed out
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I disabled the Compress Feature, could the "SSLError: The read operation timed out" be related to the Backup size, since I'm also trying to back up Addons and Fan Arts?
I have backed up my data using the addon in my Minix box but now unsure how it can be restored to a clean install of Kodi in my windows PC.

Do I need a backup addon in my clean install of Kodi and restore it from there. Any advice would be much appreciated.
You need to install the backup ADDON on the PC and restore it using that.
Alternatively on a PC you can just copy the addons and userdata folders into the appdata/Roaming/kodi folder.
Thank you that worked perfectly
On a clean kodi rpi install I installed the backup addon, browsed (smb) to the backup files on my pc, hit restore but just get empty box "backup-backup folder name" Any ideas?

edit; That was a waste of time, manually dropped the backup addon data and user data in the corresponding folders and after 40 minutes of copying nothing! So everything will have to be installed again one by one..lovely.
(2015-10-29, 22:39)ed_davidson Wrote: Would there be a way to put in the URL to the folder which holds the restore zipped files?

Also I've noticed that the dbmc addon has an issue with the special protocol. You can't use special://temp you have to use the platform specific path which is in convient at times.

Putting in the download URL to a zip file is about the only way I think implementing a "direct download" type of system will work. The download URL would have to be a zip file. Without using a known protocol (like WebDav) that works over http just putting in a URL to a folder of backups from any random cloud repository isn't feasible. A custom html scraper for each site would have to be written, and as soon as the site changed slightly it would most likely break.

(2015-11-07, 12:31)crispy78 Wrote: Is there a way to merge the backups? I'm using several machines that have Kodi installed and I would like to create a daily backup from all devices and merge it, then restore it to each device so everything is in sync. I'm not a fan of the substitution and NAS-setup because when then NAS is unavailable Kodi has a bit of a problem running. Several accounts would solve that, but than I have all data clustered with one account working locally and one account working on the network.

You could manually merge them (write a script!) by just adding files that are either newer than the existing or don't exist already. I've experimented with the idea of incremental and merged backups before and the amount of checks and headache that go into making a good backup and restore process just didn't make it worth my time.

(2015-11-07, 13:59)jagter5 Wrote: Hi,

I am using Backup on Openelec 6 on RPi2

What command do I use to start a backup run from ssh?

Regards

There is no direct command via ssh since you have to have Kodi running to kick off the backup. There are ways you could use curl to kick of a JSON request though. See the README file, there is an example of the JSON string there.

(2015-11-12, 10:02)D-m-x Wrote: Hi Rob,

I'm a new RPI2 and Openelec owner and I'm trying to Backup my Files using Google Drive. Authentication works and it starts Backup, but after backing up Addons iI get a failed message.

I disabled the Compress Feature, could the "SSLError: The read operation timed out" be related to the Backup size, since I'm also trying to back up Addons and Fan Arts?

That is a very interesting error. It's coming straight from the httplibs and filtering up through the other modules. I'll run some tests on my dev setup but I imagine it's something local to your system.

(2015-11-15, 12:26)mikkk Wrote: On a clean kodi rpi install I installed the backup addon, browsed (smb) to the backup files on my pc, hit restore but just get empty box "backup-backup folder name" Any ideas?

edit; That was a waste of time, manually dropped the backup addon data and user data in the corresponding folders and after 40 minutes of copying nothing! So everything will have to be installed again one by one..lovely.

No idea what you mean "manually dropped the backup data and user data". You mean like drag/drop in the filesystem?

When you setup the smb path in the settings make sure you select the parent folder containing all your backup archives, not one of the archives themselves. The window you are getting is a browser to show you the valid restore points in that folder. If you aren't seeing anything, then it doesn't think there are any.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10