Alpha PVR reminder
(2016-01-22, 13:19)andersh Wrote: I installed this on Jarvis RC1 on an Nvidia Shield TV (Android). When trying to add a reminder it fails and writes this to the log:

12:13:39 T:18446744071773730048 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'xml_declaration'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/contextmenu.py", line 26, in <module>
setreminderdata.setreminder(videoname, videostarttime, videodate, channelname)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/reminders.py", line 89, in setreminder
tree.write(xmlfile, xml_declaration=True, encoding='utf-8', method="xml")
TypeError: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'xml_declaration'
-->End of Python script error report<--
Can I have the full log please in past bin or something similar a part of the log is no good to me.
(2016-01-20, 12:55)AshG Wrote: Hi Sconly, I'm afraid 15.xx and upwards. I developed it on 16B, the difference I think is the "remind me" option in the context menu will only show in Live TV where as in 15, it will show everywhere... So it is optimised for 16.x I've running all series of the beta 16s on my prod box for some time and I would say it's pretty stable right now...

I do have a "to do" list and I'll see what I can do. My time is limited its not that I don't want to develop this it's rather that I can't at the moment! 2 young children, a wife, a dog, a hamster and gold fish are all keeping me rather occupied at the moment!

Ok, so if want to have a go at getting it to work in 14.2 - and you don't mind me 'tinkering' with it - what/where in the code do I need to change, do I need to change a reference to an API/function/etc.?

Thanks
(2016-01-22, 21:07)AshG Wrote: Can I have the full log please in past bin or something similar a part of the log is no good to me.
Full debug log here:
https://www.zerobin.net/?548081255c9ab39...PmvBd80iZg=

Error at the very bottom.
(2016-01-22, 23:17)andersh Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 21:07)AshG Wrote: Can I have the full log please in past bin or something similar a part of the log is no good to me.
Full debug log here:
https://www.zerobin.net/?548081255c9ab39...PmvBd80iZg=

Error at the very bottom.

Cool, thanks for that, presuming your just going into your EPG, selecting a programme to remind for today and using the context menu to select "remind me"?

so looking at your log, everything's looks good,until we write the EPG data into the XML... Thinking about this logically the only thing that is different to other users set-up in regards to the addon is your EPG data, have you tried testing different channels ? Different programmes? I'm thinking there may be some kind of special character in your EPG that The XML object doesn't like... Although I'm only guessing at the moment and I may be barking up the wrong tree!

The addon stores: Programme name, time, date and channel name in a xml file, is there any special characters at all? Are you able to show a screen print of the EPG that you need reminding ofHuh
(2016-01-22, 22:45)sconly Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 12:55)AshG Wrote: Hi Sconly, I'm afraid 15.xx and upwards. I developed it on 16B, the difference I think is the "remind me" option in the context menu will only show in Live TV where as in 15, it will show everywhere... So it is optimised for 16.x I've running all series of the beta 16s on my prod box for some time and I would say it's pretty stable right now...

I do have a "to do" list and I'll see what I can do. My time is limited its not that I don't want to develop this it's rather that I can't at the moment! 2 young children, a wife, a dog, a hamster and gold fish are all keeping me rather occupied at the moment!

Ok, so if want to have a go at getting it to work in 14.2 - and you don't mind me 'tinkering' with it - what/where in the code do I need to change, do I need to change a reference to an API/function/etc.?

Thanks

Go for your life, I have this on GitHub so if you can work it out I can make another branch for anything below Kodi 15.xx

I'm guessing your getting a "dependency not met" message?

I would first look in the addon.xml I'm guessing the python version is not supported ? What does the log say ? Does it give any clues?

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.20.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.elementtree" version="1.2.7"/>
    <import addon="script.module.metahandler" version="2.7.0"/>
  </requires>
(2016-01-23, 00:29)AshG Wrote: Cool, thanks for that, presuming your just going into your EPG, selecting a programme to remind for today and using the context menu to select "remind me"?
Yes, that's precisely what I do.
Quote:The addon stores: Programme name, time, date and channel name in a xml file, is there any special characters at all? Are you able to show a screen print of the EPG that you need reminding ofConfused
Most of the EPG have Norwegian characters, both in title, genre and description, but I've also tested on programmes that have only english text. Same thing happen on all of them.

This EPG is provided by MediaPortal as a backend. What I could do is fire up a TVHeadEnd backend and see if that makes a difference.

Link to EPG screenshot: http://ibin.co/2UQfmbFJk4Sv
I did some more testing.

Changed skin back to Confluence - still the same problem.
Changed PVR Backend to TVHeadend and reloaded EPG - still the same problem.

Also tested on another Android device that is running a self-compiled version of the latest Kodi (ver. 17 updated Jan. 18th) from Github. Same problem there as well.
Hi, thanks for a great addon, love it!

One problem though, it takes almost a minute for the addon to terminate when closing Kodi. Could this be fixed?

Log

Cheers!
Marcus
@AshG:
I added a PR for the converting to unixtime.
Hopefully you can do something with it Wink
FR:
- more than 1 timer
- more than 7 days in the future. Should be possible with unixtime
- XML with timers in $userdata/script.pvr.reminder, e.g.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
  <timer>
    <begin>1402833547</begin>
    <channelname>ZDF</channelname>
    <name>Heute</name>
    <startdate>insert_start_date_here</startdate>
    <starttime>insert_start_time_here</starttime>
    <zap>true</zap>
  </timer>
  <timer>
    <begin>1425833521</begin>
    <channelname>ARD</channelname>
    <name>Tagesschau</name>
    <zap>true</zap>
  </timer>
</timers>
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-01-23, 11:46)andersh Wrote: I did some more testing.

Changed skin back to Confluence - still the same problem.
Changed PVR Backend to TVHeadend and reloaded EPG - still the same problem.

Also tested on another Android device that is running a self-compiled version of the latest Kodi (ver. 17 updated Jan. 18th) from Github. Same problem there as well.

Thanks, I'm really not sure, im not sure how easy this would be.? could you check to see if any data has been written to the XML file?

If you can navigate to your addon folder, find the Remindme addon folder then in the folder called "resources" there should be an XML files called "reminder_data.xml".. This file gets written to when a reminder is set, just wondering whether it's failed in a particular tag, that may give some light to what's it's failing on.

Other than I'm not sure what to suggest? I don't like being beaten!
(2016-01-23, 14:03)macardi Wrote: Hi, thanks for a great addon, love it!

One problem though, it takes almost a minute for the addon to terminate when closing Kodi. Could this be fixed?

Log

Cheers!
Marcus

Yeah looks like some classes in your log were left open, I'll put it on my list Wink
(2016-01-24, 13:45)Solo0815 Wrote: @AshG:
I added a PR for the converting to unixtime.
Hopefully you can do something with it Wink
FR:
- more than 1 timer
- more than 7 days in the future. Should be possible with unixtime
- XML with timers in $userdata/script.pvr.reminder, e.g.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
  <timer>
    <begin>1402833547</begin>
    <channelname>ZDF</channelname>
    <name>Heute</name>
    <zap>true</zap>
  </timer>
  <timer>
    <begin>1425833521</begin>
    <channelname>ARD</channelname>
    <name>Tagesschau</name>
    <zap>true</zap>
  </timer>
</timers>

Thanks @Solo0815, got your pr, thanks mate will have a look.
(2016-01-24, 22:37)AshG Wrote: Other than I'm not sure what to suggest? I don't like being beaten!
Neither do I, and this would be a really useful plugin for me if I could get it to work.

I checked the resources xml and it contained this:

Code:
<data>
  <reminder id="0">
    <enabled>false</enabled>
    <programmename>Peter Kay's Car Share</programmename>
    <starttime>22:35</starttime>
    <sdate>Wednesday, 23 December 2015</sdate>
    <channel>NA</channel>
  </reminder>
</data>
Hey all, I would urge everyone to try out _BJ1's excellent reminder service over here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258581

I'm just not finding the time at the moment to progress this one .... I certainly want carry on with this at some point. But in the mean time BJ1's Finder service does what I think everyone wants...
Thanks for your time and effort creating this and also thank you for linking to BJ1's version to check it out Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR reminder0