• 22(current)
WIP Developer Area
(2016-01-13, 13:53)cg110 Wrote: Hi Dan,

What's the current build requirements for EMM? Is it studio 2015 or 2013? Also which VLC version (2.2.1? 32 or 64bit?) does it need, as that seemed to be one of the pain points with the VLC COM interop library.

I tried building it a few of days ago and had issues.

I was hoping to update the performance tweaks I did a while back and do some pull requests.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, VLC is a pain. VLC has only a x86 (32bit) COM plugin, thats the reason why we only can build Ember as x86. I'm currently testing some other solutions with libVLC, maybe we can remove the ActiveX plugin.
The easiest way is to unload the VLC addon from Ember project tree.

I'm currently working with VS 2015, but it works also with 2013.
Please read the thread for more informations: HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode
Thanks Dan, I suspect I looked before you did the howto (and last time I did a build (6 months ago on the 1.3.x branch) it happily loaded and built in visual studio)
(2016-01-13, 14:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 13:53)cg110 Wrote: Hi Dan,

What's the current build requirements for EMM? Is it studio 2015 or 2013? Also which VLC version (2.2.1? 32 or 64bit?) does it need, as that seemed to be one of the pain points with the VLC COM interop library.

I tried building it a few of days ago and had issues.

I was hoping to update the performance tweaks I did a while back and do some pull requests.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, VLC is a pain. VLC has only a x86 (32bit) COM plugin, thats the reason why we only can build Ember as x86. I'm currently testing some other solutions with libVLC, maybe we can remove the ActiveX plugin.
The easiest way is to unload the VLC addon from Ember project tree.

I'm currently working with VS 2015, but it works also with 2013.
Please read the thread for more informations: HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode

Dan,
have you looked at this?
http://libvlcnet.codeplex.com/
http://libvlcnet.sourceforge.net/
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
LibVLC is out of date. Check this one from NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Vlc.DotNet.Core/
zbobo5 has many up-to-date projects, one of them will be a solution for us: https://www.nuget.org/profiles/zebobo5
ok will look into that.
I've done the swap... but how do I test it? never used the trailers Smile
Team,
I'm testing the new images dialog and have some serious problems.
I've scraped the video. I select a poster , click on the fanart, select a fanart...
but when I go back to poster the one I've choosen is NOT selected...

I do not understand how it should work...
Bug on Scrape trailers dialog: every time you press Scrape Trailes the trailers already existing get added to the list
(2016-01-31, 20:08)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,
I've scraped the video. I select a poster , click on the fanart, select a fanart...

Use the contexmenu to add an image as result.
(2016-02-01, 00:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 20:08)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,

Use the contexmenu to add an image as result.

mhhhh... complex.... will check
VLC is a damn nighmare Sad
Even the cool libraries dan found work well just in x86. on x64 the Forms component does not load.
In x86 if I dynamically create the object it is "dead" does not respond to event... If embed it in the form... it crashes on load Sad
Obviously simple projects works Smile
I've build the latest version from source and installed it and wanted to test the new kodi settings but I can't connect to kodi after using the test button and the log shows the following error:
Code:
*   bei XBMCRPC.Client..ctor(ConnectionSettings settings, IPlatformServices platformServices)
   bei XBMCRPC.Client..ctor(IPlatformServices platformServices, String host, Int32 port, String userName, String password)
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.Init()
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi..ctor(Host host)
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.GetHostJSONVersion(Host kHost)"
2016-02-02 19:39:16.2656;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.GetHostJSONVersion;9;ERROR;GetHostJSONVersion;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.IO.FileLoadException: Die Datei oder Assembly ""Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed"" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Die gefundene Manifestdefinition der Assembly stimmt nicht mit dem Assemblyverweis überein. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Dateiname: ""Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed""
   bei XBMCRPC.Client..ctor(ConnectionSettings settings, IPlatformServices platformServices)
   bei XBMCRPC.Client..ctor(IPlatformServices platformServices, String host, Int32 port, String userName, String password)
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.Init()
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi..ctor(Host host)
   bei generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.GetHostJSONVersion(Host kHost)

The Settings are correct and http://10.0.42.123:8080 points to the webinterface just fine
Sorry guys, i made a mistake in Bugtracker! I add an issue 266 correct, and other 3 duplicate! 267,268 and 269... how can i delete this three?
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
(2016-02-01, 23:51)m.savazzi Wrote: VLC is a damn nighmare Sad
Even the cool libraries dan found work well just in x86. on x64 the Forms component does not load.
In x86 if I dynamically create the object it is "dead" does not respond to event... If embed it in the form... it crashes on load Sad
Obviously simple projects works Smile

Big Grin I did it!

x86 and x64 Working now!!!!!

Found a way to create dynamic objects Smile

Now will try to have ember work... and will contribute samples to vlc.dotnet Smile
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developer Area6