Beta Playlist Append
Playlist Append is designed to work with basic playlists and it has not been thoroughly tested. I would advise backing up your existing playlists before using this add-on.

This add-on will add a context menu item [Add to playlist] for lists containing episodes, movies, music videos, or songs. Selecting it will display a list of available *.m3u files available in special://home/userdata/playlists/video or special://home/userdata/playlists/music depending on the list you are viewing; and it should append it to the selected playlist.

changelog:
Quote:
  • added notification
  • added debug logging
  • added option to add to music or video playlist for music videos
  • added option to add music videos to playlist
  • added option to create new playlist from context menu

Download: context.playlist.append.zip
Thanks for the update, adding movies is working for me now.
Wow Curti .. you have answered my prayers.. have been looking for this addon for all my life .. !
Lets try this out today !
HI;

any chance to get a "remove from playlist" ?
(2016-01-28, 15:49)Eisi2005 Wrote: HI;

any chance to get a "remove from playlist" ?

It is something I have thought about after reading through this feature request thread. I will look into it when I have some time; and I have a general idea of how to approach it.
Context menu & playlist append function working beautifully. Now if Only I could create an empty .xps playlist & then use this function to populate it then my search will be over ( for now heh heh )
Very niceSmile Would be great if we could add a complete folder at once.
This really should not be an addon but a part of kodi itself if you ask me. Thanks again for your work, curti.

To get playlists and their management really nicely going I realized that the playlist editor lacks a basic function too. There is no easy way to move tracks in a m3u playlist. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2231875
curti,

This is really good, great job !!

I'm new to Kodi and hope you can help? I wish to call the Add-on:Global_Search from the Music info screen or the Context menu

I plan to pass Artist or Track Title to the Add-on:Global_Search to query the library straight from the track you are looking at, i think this would be very useful and a great way of finding music more tracks from that artist or covers of a certain track that are already in your library.

I assume your Code passes information from the Track to the Context menu? how do you do this ?

From there can I just simply use the addon ? (http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Global%20Search)
(2016-02-18, 12:22)Silki Wrote: curti,

This is really good, great job !!

I'm new to Kodi and hope you can help? I wish to call the Add-on:Global_Search from the Music info screen or the Context menu

I plan to pass Artist or Track Title to the Add-on:Global_Search to query the library straight from the track you are looking at, i think this would be very useful and a great way of finding music more tracks from that artist or covers of a certain track that are already in your library.

I assume your Code passes information from the Track to the Context menu? how do you do this ?

From there can I just simply use the addon ? (http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Global%20Search)

Thank you. I would advise checking with @ronie to see if they are interested in adding a context menu helper add-on.

This add-on uses http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem to get the necessary information. Please feel free to take a look at this add-on and modify it to fit your needs.
Thanks for the tips ... I've managed to peace together a working Addon that query's ronie GlobalSearch Script from the Context menu passing across the Artist and also one that passes the Track title.

As it comes from the context menu all the GlobalSearch navigation works as expected.

Ill try it for a day or too and then perhaps add it to forum if anyone is interested.
(2016-02-20, 00:28)curti Wrote: This add-on uses http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem to get the necessary information. Please feel free to take a look at this add-on and modify it to fit your needs.
You should use the supported api as explained in http://kodi.wiki/view/Context_Item_Add-ons This hack may break at any moment without warning.
I attempted to install this add-on by using the Install from zip file feature. It will not install though and is giving me an error saying 'Add-on does not have the correct structure'.. Is there a way around this? This add-on seems to be what I've been searching for, for days. Please give me some tips
Thanks for the addon.

The only thing I was missing is to add files that are not in a library. Following patch fixes that on my system:
Code:
diff -rup context.playlist.append.orig/addon.py context.playlist.append/addon.py
--- context.playlist.append.orig/addon.py    2016-01-21 14:29:16.000000000 +0100
+++ context.playlist.append/addon.py    2016-09-11 00:20:11.238811829 +0200
@@ -81,8 +81,8 @@ if __name__ == '__main__':
         playlists.update({'folder': 'video'})
         media_title = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Title')
         basic_playlists = filter_playlist(playlists['video'])
-    elif xbmc.getCondVisibility('Container.Content(musicvideos)') == 1:
-        log('Container: music videos')
+    elif xbmc.getCondVisibility('Container.Content(musicvideos)') == 1 or xbmc.getCondVisibility('Container.Content(files)') == 1:
+        log('Container: music videos/files')
         playlists.update({'folder': False})
         media_title = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Title')
         music_playlist = filter_playlist(playlists['music'])
@@ -94,4 +94,4 @@ if __name__ == '__main__':
     media = '#EXTINF:0,{0}\n{1}\n'.format(media_title, xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.FileNameAndPath'))
     log('Title: {0}'.format(str(media_title)))
     log('Playlists: {0}'.format(str(basic_playlists)))
-    main()
\ No newline at end of file
+    main()
diff -rup context.playlist.append.orig/addon.xml context.playlist.append/addon.xml
--- context.playlist.append.orig/addon.xml    2016-01-21 14:29:24.000000000 +0100
+++ context.playlist.append/addon.xml    2016-09-11 00:19:42.382810366 +0200
@@ -6,7 +6,7 @@
     <extension point="kodi.context.item" library="addon.py">
         <item>
             <label>Add to playlist</label>
-            <visible>Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(songs) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
+            <visible>Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(songs) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | [Container.Content(files) + !ListItem.IsFolder]</visible>
         </item>
     </extension>
     <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
@@ -16,4 +16,4 @@
         <license>GNU General Public License, v2</license>
         <email></email>
     </extension>
-</addon>
\ No newline at end of file
+</addon>
Awesome and simple plugin. Thanks to you!
Im wondering though if there is a way to add a song to a playlist within a "Search" from Kodi? OR adding a currently playing song?

I have many hundreds of albums with Various Artists, so most of the time the best way I have to find a particular single is using the search.
For example when I do a search for "Tainted Love", I get a result of Billboard top 100 from 1982. If I press "C" for a context menu I get two choices; Song info and Find Album, neither of which help me add the song to a playlist. If I press enter on the song it starts playing and I cant find any way to add a playing song to a playlist either.
As a result I end up searching by Artist for Various Artists and searching through hundreds of compilations and all the Billboard top 100 for the last 50 years, so this is taking forever to make a playlist.

Maybe im doing something wrong or missing something obvious, any help would be very appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist Append1