• 3(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Clean Installation of 3.2.02 from zip file fails: dependency error on "script.imdb250.view" 0.0.5

I'm on Jarvis.
try to get http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...-0.0.5.zip before
(2016-02-20, 21:08)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 20:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the info. No theres no further issues buddy, it's not the first time and won't be the last that something is lifted from a skin possibly without recognition.

Ggod luck with the skin, i know how hard it is to own a skin.

Hi,

I was actually surprised about how much this actually occurs - well not this situation where it was a case of mistaken skin identity, but where people just take other people's work without credit. It was and is one of the many things From Ashes is aiming to help rectify. If you look at the Imgur gallery you'll see that there's an "About From Ashes" button which currently links to a page outside of Kodi's range as I'm not ready to implement it yet. I intend to recognize everyone whether it's the lovely contributors here or on the Emby forums, the plugins incorporated into this theme in the past, and of course the two who originally created it.

What you can do is tell me when/where/what/etc. is already incorporated so you may be included (with evidence, naturally, that the feature was originally created by you which isn't that hard) so that you may be included on the "About From Ashes" page.

Other than that, as I said, I was handed a great theme (Exploded) with the mission to make it better while staying true to it's predecessor (From Ashes).

Hi GuardianHope, just to let you know that quite a lot it seems what taken directly from Madnox and put into this mod, it's even still marked with my comments as well as code it seems colored flags and all the cases including the directory structure has been taken from Madnox.

Please note the cases etc were all probably lifted by whoever did the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes December Update commit as that was what they were included?

No one either past or present contacted me and to find this amount taken without contact is really surprising!!! and to be honest a little more than annoying now I see the amount take from Madnox.

I know it's open source and anyone can do this, but generally not to this level and not without politely asking or even crediting the original skinner?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-02-25, 11:10)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 21:08)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 20:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the info. No theres no further issues buddy, it's not the first time and won't be the last that something is lifted from a skin possibly without recognition.

Ggod luck with the skin, i know how hard it is to own a skin.

Hi,

I was actually surprised about how much this actually occurs - well not this situation where it was a case of mistaken skin identity, but where people just take other people's work without credit. It was and is one of the many things From Ashes is aiming to help rectify. If you look at the Imgur gallery you'll see that there's an "About From Ashes" button which currently links to a page outside of Kodi's range as I'm not ready to implement it yet. I intend to recognize everyone whether it's the lovely contributors here or on the Emby forums, the plugins incorporated into this theme in the past, and of course the two who originally created it.

What you can do is tell me when/where/what/etc. is already incorporated so you may be included (with evidence, naturally, that the feature was originally created by you which isn't that hard) so that you may be included on the "About From Ashes" page.

Other than that, as I said, I was handed a great theme (Exploded) with the mission to make it better while staying true to it's predecessor (From Ashes).

Hi GuardianHope, just to let you know that quite a lot it seems what taken directly from Madnox and put into this mod, it's even still marked with my comments as well as code it seems colored flags and all the cases including the directory structure has been taken from Madnox.

Please note the cases etc were all probably lifted by whoever did the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes December Update commit as that was what they were included?

No one either past or present contacted me and to find this amount taken without contact is really surprising!!! and to be honest a little more than annoying now I see the amount take from Madnox.

I know it's open source and anyone can do this, but generally not to this level and not without politely asking or even crediting the original skinner?

Mike.

This is particularly amusing considering that the original author of this mod had a big blow-up at another modder for using their code without permission.

For reference see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2063167
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@Guardian Hope

For color selector I made a seperate Panel for the colorpicker. Put it in the "script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml. If you want to use it, I have a link to the file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KfGJ-...cslist_api
Sad 
Quote:ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

what's the difference between?
skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.02 120 MB
skin.arctic.zephyr-master 5 MB

I could only set skin.arctic.zephyr-master
(2016-02-25, 14:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 11:10)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 21:08)Guardian Hope Wrote: Hi,

Mike.

This is particularly amusing considering that the original author of this mod had a big blow-up at another modder for using their code without permission.

For reference see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2063167

@jurialmonkey - well, that's very concerning to say the least. I hope others like Mike here will let me know if something of their's was used without asking, informing first, or crediting so we can get that rectified. You might imagine how I feel being blindsided by it as this was the first I have seen of any of this usage on AZ:E which as we all now know, AZ:FA is the continuation of but I was content to the Emby forums.

@Mike_Doc - The Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes December Update was the final backport of the Arctic Zephyr: Exploded code without the changes made to it for "Emby View" or what is now known as "Eunique." Essentially, it was the codebase from 2.0.8-2.0.12 with the aforementioned views stripped from it. That means Exploded used these changes without anyone's consent. And that's unacceptable.

I can't makeup for what the past authors did but what I can do is publicly ask your permission (since this is already public) for the usage of the portions of "Madnox" that were apparently already taken without permission and without my knowledge that they had been taken without anyone's consent. What I can do in exchange is properly credit you which is what should have been done in the first place. Credits are being done on a dedicated page within the skin itself.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2016-02-25, 15:13)minus0 Wrote: @Guardian Hope

For color selector I made a seperate Panel for the colorpicker. Put it in the "script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml. If you want to use it, I have a link to the file

@minus0 - I will definitely take a look at it and see how well it fits! If so, I see no issue implementing it.

(2016-02-25, 18:25)Flest Wrote:
Quote:ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

what's the difference between?
skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.02 120 MB
skin.arctic.zephyr-master 5 MB

I could only set skin.arctic.zephyr-master

Something is wrong; either you're not looking at the right download or something else. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes with compressed textures is 120MB (Emby Repo and Enterprise CDN) and ~224MB (GitHub) with uncompressed textures.
Hey. I need help

1 installed repository.emby.kodi-1.0.3
2 installed repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5
3 installed skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.02

and... nothing Confused
no errors

how to install and activate the theme?

UP

after three installations wrote error
14:35:10 T:9560 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes
(2016-02-24, 19:09)Axel Foley Wrote: Clean Installation of 3.2.02 from zip file fails: dependency error on "script.imdb250.view" 0.0.5

I'm on Jarvis.

first install it http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...-0.0.5.zip
hi,

My highlight color don`t change, anyone with this?

thanks
(2016-02-25, 15:13)minus0 Wrote: @Guardian Hope

This is embarrassing but I just realized something: I have no idea where the color selector is in within the skin's GUI. Aside from switching it over to dark dialogues with blue I have never in the year or so I've been using this skin - ever changed the highlights. Would anyone be so kind as to point me to where it is so I can see what's going on with it. I know... it's very sad when you don't even know where your own color selector is Tongue

(2016-02-27, 13:34)Flest Wrote: Hey. I need help

1 installed repository.emby.kodi-1.0.3
2 installed repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5
3 installed skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.02

and... nothing Confused
no errors

how to install and activate the theme?

UP

after three installations wrote error
14:35:10 T:9560 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

Okay, first, remove "repository.emby.kodi-1.0.3." That repository is for Kodi 15, not Kodi 16. The one I added to the first post, "repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5" is for Kodi Jarvis since this modification was really tailored more to Emby I'm not going to remove a dependency found only in it's repository.

Second, what exactly are you running Kodi on? The last time this issue popped up it was a permissions problem on the user's device. Before that it was a dependency problem when a depreciated feature accidentally made it back in during a back-port update.

(2016-02-28, 18:03)rsoares Wrote: hi,

My highlight color don`t change, anyone with this?

thanks

We are working on the issue; it is a known issue. Aside from being able to change the colors to dark and blue, highlights currently don't work. It was introduced with the last of the back-ports I believe. It should be fixed soon [hopefully.].

--

Spotlight Widget Suggestion

It has come to my attention that setting the default spotlight widget just doesn't seem to work in the skin settings at the moment. Now, I am the first to admit I haven't bothered to look into widgets but I did find a workaround that at least worked for me when I tested it. Press up on your remote twice, select your desired spotlight type, press "ok" (or your remote's equivalent), and then press down on your remote twice. The settings stuck for me but this is a "your mileage may vary" situation right now.

I have included images to make sure you get to the right place:

watch gallery
@Guardian Hope

Color selector is in skin settings under the Colours section. There you can select the three different items. The file for the color selector will bring up a smaller panel which just looks better and performs better, in my opinion.

If you want to use it I can post a link again. Also would you be interested in having the ability to change any other items in the skin?
This is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not an Emby user. Any way I could get the colored icons to work in the base AZ skin? Simply overwriting the icons in the base folder doesn't work. The icons show up but have no color.

EDIT: Just needed to reboot Kodi. How do I go about adding the genrethumbs to the base AZ skin?
Why do you strongly recommend the beta version of Emby instead of the stable one? Is it faster? I'm currently using the stable one and it's a total mess with a music library (miss few songs/artists). Is it the same with 1.0.5?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7