• 2(current)
WIP ReKOver : Skinning tool project
(2016-03-05, 02:53)djoole Wrote: And not only bloc3/bloc4 but as many art objects he wants.

Well, not true and the reason why I opened this thread. It's not possible from a skin side to add "as many as you want" things. So we need to discuss and find a good balance between what is needed / what is possible. FYI each function has to be hardcode so it doesn't make sense to code 1000 empty pictures if you need only 3 arts in 90% of the cases.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-05, 05:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hopefully in Krypton the skinning engine will resolve the issue in KOver where if you don't activate "show parent folder items" KOver can't return you to the last focused item in your library after playback.
Hmm, not sure about this one ?

(2016-03-05, 11:25)Jayz2K Wrote: It's not really working this way ... I can't pick 3 from music to give them to movies. KOver doesn't care about the content, it has 9 slots filled by KODI. From a technical point of view, the 9 slots are common to all, only the settings are different. Where other skins have different coded views for sections, visual and whatever, KOver has just a single dynamic one. I mean adding 3 to video will still slowdown the opening.

Aaaah ok, didn't realise they were common to all by design.
Since the number of art seems to be a concern how much do you want it to be handled (keeping in mind there could be one already in the list like poster not taken into consideration here)

(2016-03-05, 12:13)Jayz2K Wrote: Since the number of art seems to be a concern how much do you want it to be handled (keeping in mind there could be one already in the list like poster not taken into consideration here)

Kover can create sleek and simple views (background Fanart Use + 1 block) but it also allows ajotuer extra ART. So we must be able to have all ART block available for a single view.
1 block: List = Block 1
1 Block: Block Info = 2
1Bloc: Art = Block 3 = Landscape
1 Block: Video playing. => Fallback => Logo
1 Block: 3x3 = background Fanart
1 block: Art Extra: Block 6 => clearart
1 Block Art Extra: Extra Fanart
1 Block Art Extra: Banner.
If there is the possibility to choose the size and dimension of each block, this allows to place at the convenience of the block. Also stacking / A + Landscape block stacked logo block.
The submenu block - block 5, is unchanged.
It would also be nice to be able to choose the time to block the view for all. 5s / 10 / 20s and with position Z in space. (Change the possition of the layer, much like photoshop.) If I want to put a logo under a landscape I have to be able to do, even if it is unnecessary.
I'm not going to add one bloc per art (too hungry). I had more in mind having 3 blocs with ability to choose the type like actual bloc 3. I won't use anymore fallback in bloc4 (I want it to be dedicated to video only). IMO 3 is enough.

Wanted to introduced the "layer" concept but have to check if this works.

Ok, I understand . There is also something that is already very interesting kover is the ability to have a reading of items in a view by every block. if I want a logo for only I can, this is not just an image fix. but conversely, I can not change the operation of certain art.

If I want to add a logo on the rear of the front home menu (I select random Fanart, and I want to add Logo, I can not. The background image on the home menu is blocked. I can not intervene rendering. I can not add overlays as well. Too bad.
and
I also have the ability to choose a block 3 reduced. Chosir compléte info (pin + label + outline gold head) but only label.
Maybe this can be feasible or not. just a proposal.
A huge question to develop the best you can, it's sharing personal configurations. This would be great to be able to load a configuration with overlays, remote images, etc. without having to réacfecter all links. Kover a way to open to great opportunity.
If I share specific views, with color choices, or additional images, it is automatically stored in a file (save function full .. some that already with kover). But I also have to load the color schem I have to load the templates, I have to load the view etc.
Would be huge to see all done in one single step. I take, I charge, I play with. And you're playing.

EDIT / I see that we can not rebuild Vertical to Horizontal menu to view without changing configuration. I backup Any view (without Home menu). I change vertical menu. all my views are écrassé and replaced. So I recharge backup of my views (without home menu). And all is rebuilt, but also the vertical menu. Why .

Ability to add reconstruct Home menu without destroying view available?
(2016-03-05, 14:59)Reynald Wrote: A huge question to develop the best you can, it's sharing personal configurations. This would be great to be able to load a configuration with overlays, remote images, etc. without having to réacfecter all links. Kover a way to open to great opportunity.
If I share specific views, with color choices, or additional images, it is automatically stored in a file (save function full .. some that already with kover). But I also have to load the color schem I have to load the templates, I have to load the view etc.
Would be huge to see all done in one single step. I take, I charge, I play with. And you're playing.

EDIT / I see that we can not rebuild Vertical to Horizontal menu to view without changing configuration. I backup Any view (without Home menu). I change vertical menu. all my views are écrassé and replaced. So I recharge backup of my views (without home menu). And all is rebuilt, but also the vertical menu. Why .

Ability to add reconstruct Home menu without destroying view available?

the backup/import(restore) function behave a little strange, for example the other day for a reason i dont know why Kover reset maybe it update but anyway I have a backup, but even so my backup include all my views and home menu I have to restore my custom list manually, unless those are not included in the backup
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Another important thing would be IMO to be able to customize bloc2 (info). I miss info like language/subtitle/codec/media type.

And to have fallback for all the 3 (or more?) art blocs. This way if I have a bloc with clear logo, for movies without clear logo i still get something (thumb art or so)
Updated second post

(2016-03-05, 23:43)djoole Wrote: Another important thing would be IMO to be able to customize bloc2 (info). I miss info like language/subtitle/codec/media type.

And to have fallback for all the 3 (or more?) art blocs. This way if I have a bloc with clear logo, for movies without clear logo i still get something (thumb art or so)

Same question as previously then : How much infos spaces are required ?

Right now, I'm planning 5 or 6 :

1 space for Title (Selectable as label or title)
1 space for info1 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for info2 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for info3 (let's say infos like genre or combined strings like genre + duration, or rating + genre, chosen through a selectable list)
1 space for Description (selectable like plot or ?)

Combined strings can be expandable as predefined hardcoded requests.(codec + res, audio + res + codec, etc.) for infos 1 to 3

Per pixel moving / sizing under testing (quickly coded and not yet implemented) -> WORKS !!!

Quick test preview

(2016-03-07, 11:23)Jayz2K Wrote: Updated second post

I can not believe what I read. Is AMAZING. It will ask you enormously time coding? but how can I do to help you and then have it as soon as possible future new KOVER like a nuclear bomb?
(2016-03-07, 14:16)Jayz2K Wrote: Per pixel moving / sizing under testing (quickly coded and not yet implemented) -> WORKS !!!

Quick test preview

HUGE HUGE !!Create your skin in a skin! I always dreamed of this! Finally comes the reality. Jay, I appreciate your work, and a very big thank you.
(2016-03-05, 05:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hopefully in Krypton the skinning engine will resolve the issue in KOver where if you don't activate "show parent folder items" KOver can't return you to the last focused item in your library after playback.

I think mine does it, is not that the default behavior ?

where yours take you after playback ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReKOver : Skinning tool project2