How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?
Can you confirm the latest changes on Github for pvr.vdr.vnsi will allow repeating epg based timers in Kodi?
Is the updated addon usable with Krypton nightly builds?
That's not implemented yet. I had hoped that this feature could make use of epgsearch but that plugin is outdated and not available for latest VDR.
Too bad. I am currently using the repeating epg based timers with tvheadend. However, tvheadend lacks other features that vdr already has.
Was not aware that epgsearch is outdated... do you see any way the feature can yet get implemented?
(2016-03-14, 23:59)Spirou Wrote: do you see any way the feature can yet get implemented?

Absolutely, I know how this can be done. If only a day had 48 hours Smile Things get broken, I fix it ... Just an example:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263031 resulted in a big discussion about addons. Finally I need to work on things like this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9362
No pressure. Just good to know there will be progress. The feature is important for my personal WAF but of course there are more urgent issues to fix... As a physicist I might be able to help you with the 48h per day issue - but currently only from a theoretical point of view Wink
(2016-03-14, 20:05)FernetMenta Wrote: That's not implemented yet. I had hoped that this feature could make use of epgsearch but that plugin is outdated and not available for latest VDR.
Epgsearch should be compatible with vdr 2.3.1 now. Hopefully this helps in regards of using epgsearch for repeating timers in kodi.
(2016-04-29, 21:45)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:05)FernetMenta Wrote: That's not implemented yet. I had hoped that this feature could make use of epgsearch but that plugin is outdated and not available for latest VDR.
Epgsearch should be compatible with vdr 2.3.1 now. Hopefully this helps in regards of using epgsearch for repeating timers in kodi.

Finally I implemented this by myself: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272930
How did Kodi Isengard do series recording.
It was superior to what is in Jarvis when it comes to recording a TV series.
there was no series recording in Isengard. Only repeating timers
Now that were getting closer to Krypton beta and final I'd like to give it a try.

I'm a bit confused though reagrding the dependency on vdr. Is vdr 2.3.x mandatory or can I upgrade on top of my vdr 2.2.x which has been running rock-solid ever since I switched to KODI. To my understanding vdr 2.3.x is not (yet) fully compatible with all plug-ins that were supported with vdr 2.2.x.
vdr 2.3.x is required.
Maybe then someone who already did the upgrade from vdr 2.2.0 to 2.3.1 could give some guidance how this can be done (smoothly). Goolge led me to a testing repository (Andrey Pavlenko) from where I could probably install vdr 2.3.1 and related plugins - but I am also considering compiling vdr from sources. Would be my first time, though.

Any recommendations?

BTW: I just noticed, the latest version of vnsiserver-plugin (1.5.0) is already installed on my system running smoothly with vdr 2.2.0. If I'd now update kodi vom 16.1 to 17.0alpha3, how would this affect my setup with vdr 2.2.0? Would the epg based series timer just not be available or would I experience anything worse, i.e. crash? Can you elaborate on what the dependencies on vdr 2.3.1 are as the latest vnsiserver plugin seems to be okay with vdr 2.2.0?

Thanks
See sticky post for how to compile.

Kodi and vnsi client don't have a dependency to a particular vdr version.
With the availability of Krypton Beta 1 I finally made the switch, upgraded from 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS and then installed the Kodi 17 beta.

Now, when I open the EPG and select "add timer" from the context menu I don't get any response at all. If I open "timers" from home screen and then again "add timer" i a get settings dialog which offers timer type "single" and "recurring" but nothing epg based.

Can't see what is missing...
Which pvr backend are you using?

Functionality of the recurring timers is depended on the backend and the respective pvr client add-on. Not all pvr client add-ons have been adapted by their maintainers to support recurring timers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?0