• 4(current)
Release Amber now updated for Jarvis\v16
(2016-03-12, 03:02)jbmediabox Wrote: Where can I get the latest AMBER skin for Jarvis ?

Thanks in advance !!

JB

It is in the official repository so should be downloadable from the skins area of settings/addons. Jester is just in the process of releasing v2.2.4
(2016-03-12, 14:47)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 03:02)jbmediabox Wrote: Where can I get the latest AMBER skin for Jarvis ?

Thanks in advance !!

JB

It is in the official repository so should be downloadable from the skins area of settings/addons. Jester is just in the process of releasing v2.2.4
Running Jarvis and after updating to 2.2.4 I noticed on the Home Shelf there's no longer a border around the selected item. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something with my system. Thanks
Quote:Running Jarvis and after updating to 2.2.4 I noticed on the Home Shelf there's no longer a border around the selected item. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something with my system. Thanks

+1. It's clearly a bug - this was working fine up until yesterday
(2016-03-15, 07:07)htpcero Wrote:
Quote:Running Jarvis and after updating to 2.2.4 I noticed on the Home Shelf there's no longer a border around the selected item. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something with my system. Thanks

Which home shelf items is this affecting, I did make a change to fix incorrect aspect ratios on the Favourites shelf and that may have had an impact, also a before and after screenshot would be great as I don't have access to Kodi on a machine at the moment.
(2016-03-15, 12:11)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 07:07)htpcero Wrote:

Which home shelf items is this affecting, I did make a change to fix incorrect aspect ratios on the Favourites shelf and that may have had an impact, also a before and after screenshot would be great as I don't have access to Kodi on a machine at the moment.

The "Addons" shelf is the only one with problems, the 'amber' border on the selected tile is gone. The Favorites shelf (in my case) is still fine as is the Music one; noticed the aspect ratio fix and that was a nice touch.

Feature request: would be nice to be able to reorder the top level menu items. E.g I prefer Addons and Favorites to be next to each other since both contain 'favorite' selections in the shelves. I tweak xmls to do that but every time there is an update, I lose the customizations Smile
(2016-03-15, 15:05)htpcero Wrote: The "Addons" shelf is the only one with problems, the 'amber' border on the selected tile is gone. The Favorites shelf (in my case) is still fine as is the Music one; noticed the aspect ratio fix and that was a nice touch.

I don't have the addon shelf enabled so missed this. Hopefully it's fixed here: https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....f8dabe64b8
Nope! Still no border in addon shelf...
Also the weather widget used to be at bottom-left corner now as moved to bottom-center. I personally prefer the old position without scrooling text.

Image removed due to banned add-on content - DarrenHill
(2016-03-17, 16:37)grizado Wrote: Nope! Still no border in addon shelf...
Also the weather widget used to be at bottom-left corner now as moved to bottom-center. I personally prefer the old position without scrooling text.

That's odd as the border is showing up here and working fine, hopefully some others can check and let me know. The text colour of the selected addon should also be changing, is that happening or is it staying grey?

The reason the weather moved is because it overlapped with the RSS feed for those that had it enabled, I think Jester is going to have a look at the scrolling text, I suppose a simple solution would be to make the field wider.
(2016-03-17, 16:42)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 16:37)grizado Wrote: Nope! Still no border in addon shelf...

That's odd as the border is showing up here and working fine, hopefully some others can check and let me know. The text colour of the selected addon should also be changing, is that happening or is it staying grey?

The reason the weather moved is because it overlapped with the RSS feed for those that had it enabled, I think Jester is going to have a look at the scrolling text, I suppose a simple solution would be to make the field wider.

This was how weather looked in 2.2.3:

Image removed due to banned add-on content - DarrenHill

Much nicer imo.
It would be better to move the rss feed to bottom-center and keep weather as it was. IMO of course...
(2016-03-15, 15:25)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 15:05)htpcero Wrote: The "Addons" shelf is the only one with problems, the 'amber' border on the selected tile is gone. The Favorites shelf (in my case) is still fine as is the Music one; noticed the aspect ratio fix and that was a nice touch.

I don't have the addon shelf enabled so missed this. Hopefully it's fixed here: https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....f8dabe64b8

Tested the changes and the fix worked perfectly, thanks for the fast response!
(p.s. I only replaced the contents of "Includes_Vertical_Home.xml") as opposed to checking out the complete 'testing' branch )

Feature request: would be nice to be able to reorder the top level menu items. E.g I prefer Addons and Favorites to be next to each other since both contain 'favorite' selections in the shelves. I tweak xmls to do that but every time there is an update, I lose the customizations Smile

I would also like the same Feature request if possible. I also prefer to put addons below in vertical menu.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
@grizado - please do not post images featuring banned add-ons (wiki).

Your one above has been removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-06, 05:52)michaelopenshaw Wrote: I use favourites for menus and feeds within plugins/addons (ie: local news, trakt collections) and would like to know if there is a way to have them refresh content everytime I open them. I have to either go through the the original addon and navigate to where I need to get, or exit and re enter kodi....at the moment.

Let me know if I'm missing something or if this is just the way she goes.

I never seem to have any luck with forums. I try my best to make sure I don't ask dumb questions that have been answered a hundred times......

I think this is a pretty reasonable question not worthy of being ignored. Can somebody let me know if they have any insight? Maybe I'm in the wrong place..?

My tone: Not mad, little frustrated
(2016-03-20, 23:26)michaelopenshaw Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 05:52)michaelopenshaw Wrote: I use favourites for menus and feeds within plugins/addons (ie: local news, trakt collections) and would like to know if there is a way to have them refresh content everytime I open them. I have to either go through the the original addon and navigate to where I need to get, or exit and re enter kodi....at the moment.

Let me know if I'm missing something or if this is just the way she goes.
Can somebody let me know if they have any insight? Maybe I'm in the wrong place..?

Hi, this thread is specific to Amber for Jarvis. Is your problem only applicable to this skin\release or is it a wider problem? If it is wider then it may be better to as on a more general forum, have you tried it on an alternative skin?

Do you have a specific addon in mind and I may be able to have a quick look?
(2016-03-20, 02:38)ace310 Wrote:

I would also like the same Feature request if possible. I also prefer to put addons below in vertical menu.

That is probably beyond my current skinning skills but we may be able to look at it in the future, I'm mainly just a tweaker :-)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated for Jarvis\v165