• 4(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-03-03, 22:26)CarsonGallo Wrote: I downloaded the Add-On you suggested, and found the keymap setting, but no matter what assignments of key mappings I did, I could never get it to resume full screen mode. I remembered to save the settings, tried restarding Kodi and everything, could never get it to work. I think you should add a button to the OSD Controls for your next update that we can select and would bring us back to full screen mode.
CarsonGallo,

Will consider the request, but I fail to see how adding something to the OSD will get you from the video library screen to the video player screen. I would recommend that you ask in the FireTV subforums what the remote key assignment is to switch to and from the Videoplayer screens is. Cycling your way thru all of the OSD buttons to get to the "Fullscreen" button or hit one button on the remote to achieve the same thing. I know which one I would prefer.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Yeah of course I agree hitting button on remote would be easiest. And I'll check in forums for fire tv. But just in case there isn't a way to do it on fire tv, and for other devices that may have problems, it would be nice to have a backup button that you could select in the OSD to bring it back to full screen mode. Right now the only way I can do it, is if I'm running a Kodi remote app on my smartphone and press the full screen button there. But it would make it easier for me, and for my parents who use Kodi running your skin who don't want to even use there phones for anything but making calls.

I'll post again if I figure it out.

(2016-03-04, 14:34)wyrm Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:26)CarsonGallo Wrote: I downloaded the Add-On you suggested, and found the keymap setting, but no matter what assignments of key mappings I did, I could never get it to resume full screen mode. I remembered to save the settings, tried restarding Kodi and everything, could never get it to work. I think you should add a button to the OSD Controls for your next update that we can select and would bring us back to full screen mode.
CarsonGallo,

Will consider the request, but I fail to see how adding something to the OSD will get you from the video library screen to the video player screen. I would recommend that you ask in the FireTV subforums what the remote key assignment is to switch to and from the Videoplayer screens is. Cycling your way thru all of the OSD buttons to get to the "Fullscreen" button or hit one button on the remote to achieve the same thing. I know which one I would prefer.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Actually figured it out by accident. You have to go all the way back to the Home Screen, and then you hit the back button when your on the Home Screen, and then it brings you back to Full Screen Mode.
And also saw your GitHub post, about Full Screen Playback OSD Control, appreciate adding my feedback. What do you mean by Blank though for Blank Button? Does that mean the button is going to be invisible.

P.S. Sorry about overcrowding your threads with posts and questions.
(2016-03-05, 10:34)CarsonGallo Wrote: And also saw your GitHub post, about Full Screen Playback OSD Control, appreciate adding my feedback. What do you mean by Blank though for Blank Button? Does that mean the button is going to be invisible.
Sorry was working on that even before your mentioned your problem, but it is only an extension of touch and mouse support and does not relate in any way to remote use. Still don't understand how me adding something to OSD will help you when you are not in the video/visualisation screens.
Quote:P.S. Sorry about overcrowding your threads with posts and questions.
That is fine, that is exactly what this thread is for. I can't stress enought, you guys are my testers as I don't have anyone helping with this at the moment. I can test on windows and iOS anything else I'm flying blind. That and while I try to be mindful of potential bugs the way I use Kodi determines what I even see. So please post bugs and suggestions here.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2016-03-05, 18:16)wyrm Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 10:34)CarsonGallo Wrote: And also saw your GitHub post, about Full Screen Playback OSD Control, appreciate adding my feedback. What do you mean by Blank though for Blank Button? Does that mean the button is going to be invisible.
Sorry was working on that even before your mentioned your problem, but it is only an extension of touch and mouse support and does not relate in any way to remote use. Still don't understand how me adding something to OSD will help you when you are not in the video/visualisation screens.
Quote:P.S. Sorry about overcrowding your threads with posts and questions.
That is fine, that is exactly what this thread is for. I can't stress enought, you guys are my testers as I don't have anyone helping with this at the moment. I can test on windows and iOS anything else I'm flying blind. That and while I try to be mindful of potential bugs the way I use Kodi determines what I even see. So please post bugs and suggestions here.

Wyrm (AppTV)

It would help cause when I'm watching a Movie/Show and I leaving the play screen the Video still continues to play in the background of the skin, so now the skin is obstructing the video, I would like to get back to the full screen, cause obviously not gonna watch whole movie with icons faded in front of the video. And I like to leave the video screen temporarily to either que up something, change a setting/ just multitask. But like I said before figured out just have to go to the home screen of kodi and then press back button, but it would be about 5 less button presses if there was a resume full screen button in OSD.
(2016-03-05, 18:33)CarsonGallo Wrote: It would help cause when I'm watching a Movie/Show and I leaving the play screen the Video still continues to play in the background of the skin, so now the skin is obstructing the video, I would like to get back to the full screen, cause obviously not gonna watch whole movie with icons faded in front of the video. And I like to leave the video screen temporarily to either que up something, change a setting/ just multitask. But like I said before figured out just have to go to the home screen of kodi and then press back button, but it would be about 5 less button presses if there was a resume full screen button in OSD.
you mis understand my question, what OSD are you talking about? Maybe you should post a screen grab showing me the OSD you are talking about. As to the remote button to switch back to fullscreen, it should be the same for any screen and not the back button. On my home screen the back button brings up the favourites screen (which I always thought was a bit daft). You really should ask in the FireTV sub forums as I have no idea what the remote mapping for the FireTV looks like, but I'm convinced you have not found the correct key.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi WYRM its been a long time and still loving your work.
I had some issues that crept in to Isengard but have updated and some of them are not so much of a problem now.
This is what I have happening that I cannot find a cure for flat view.
When viewing videos descriptions on left (some longer than others) it does not pause long enough to read them before it starts what I think you have described as flying thumbnails or all the videos in the folder.
How do I change the timing and how do I turn it off.

Other issue I am having is sound change overlay not disappearing and staying on, or video cover thumb and progress bar appear below and do not disappear staying on.

Your original post for flying thumbnails list the guisetting program but it no longer has these settings, if I deleted the guisetting file will it create another one and will it stuff up any of my current links to videos?

My feeling is that the guisetting file is full of old settings and past skins I may have tested or used such as xsaf.

Hope you and family are well chearz Marty (Melbourne)
(2016-03-06, 15:47)genie Wrote: Hi WYRM its been a long time and still loving your work.
I had some issues that crept in to Isengard but have updated and some of them are not so much of a problem now.
This is what I have happening that I cannot find a cure for flat view.
When viewing videos descriptions on left (some longer than others) it does not pause long enough to read them before it starts what I think you have described as flying thumbnails or all the videos in the folder.
How do I change the timing and how do I turn it off.

Other issue I am having is sound change overlay not disappearing and staying on, or video cover thumb and progress bar appear below and do not disappear staying on.

Your original post for flying thumbnails list the guisetting program but it no longer has these settings, if I deleted the guisetting file will it create another one and will it stuff up any of my current links to videos?

My feeling is that the guisetting file is full of old settings and past skins I may have tested or used such as xsaf.

Hope you and family are well chearz Marty (Melbourne)
Marty,

Some interesting bugs you list there. What platform are you using there and what versions of Kodi and the skin are you using? I'm asking as I have noticed a couple of strange ones on my iPad that I just can't sort out. For some reason the flying thumbnails works fine under windows (only meant to show after about 20 seconds of the system being idle, but on iPad comes on and never turns off again).

Not sure exactly what you mean about the sound change bar, how about posting a screen grab to show what you mean. Or another way to identify the correct dialog/screen is to go into the skins Support menu and turn on the debug info setting. That will amougst other things display at the top of the screen the names of the screens and dialogs that the skin is currently displaying. Let me know the names of the dialogs and I can then either suggest a solution or go looking in the correct place for the bug.

As to the question about guisettings file, if you delete it, it will regenerate but only with default values. It will not add any settings for your skin until you switch to that particular skin, so that can be a good way to clear out the old cruft. Also Jarvis release of Kodi has now moved the skin setting out to their own file in the addons data directory, so you would need to go look in the file in the correct directory for the appropriate skin Boolean to change. Not at the computer at the moment but from memory I called it something like lowspec-system. Flip the value of that Boolean will get rid of the flying thumbnails.

Post back here so that I can help, but more importantly so others can gain from the information.

Wyrm(AppTV)

Would it be possible to have the names of the Home Shortcuts revealed all the time instead of when the shortcut is selected. My parents aren't really all there and even though all they have to do is go two icons over to the icon which has a picture of a movie reel they still have doubts whether they'll remember thats there movies folder. If it just said Movies below it already before it was selected, it would probably save me from some future late night phone calls, asking me "where do I go for movies".
(2016-03-13, 06:05)CarsonGallo Wrote: Would it be possible to have the names of the Home Shortcuts revealed all the time instead of when the shortcut is selected. My parents aren't really all there and even though all they have to do is go two icons over to the icon which has a picture of a movie reel they still have doubts whether they'll remember thats there movies folder. If it just said Movies below it already before it was selected, it would probably save me from some future late night phone calls, asking me "where do I go for movies".
CarsonGallo,

That is a recent change to allow the skin to look more like the AppleTV Gen 4 user interface (use the flatlite theme to match the colour scheme used in AppleTV 4). If you go back to a skin version before I added this (1.3.2) it will use the old style of Icon home menu hi-liting. Or if you wish to add the change each time I release a new version you can add this block of code to the IncludesIconHome.xml.

PHP Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <
left>0</left>
                    <
top>135</top>
                    <
width>250</width>
                    <
height>23</height>
                    <
textcolor>disabled-text</textcolor>
                    <
align>center</align>
                    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
                    <
font>font12</font>
                </
control

This needs to be added into the <itemlayout> block in the panel control id 9000. This is currently at line 214 of the file.

As to adding this back into the skin from my end, sorry I think it looks better this way and it would seem your parents are the only ones with a problem with this. The other option is for your parents to use one of the other two home menu types I supply with the skin. My kids used the vertical menu until the youngest one could read, so this is very easy for someone to figure out what each item does (nice Big icons, so you don't have to read anything). Otherwise, if you want to stick with the Icon Home menu, you can replace the icons used by replacing the icons in the extras/home icons menu with something a bit more distinctive (use distinct colours for separate menu items to make it clearer that there is a difference) .

Wyrm (AppTV)

Ok thanks.
Hello Wyrm, nice work on keeping the updates coming.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the TV shows "shelf" when using icon view.

Previously, when a new episode of a show was added to my library, it would be added to the top shelf of the skin when highlighting the TV shows button.

Now, when a new episode is added, it still appears in the shelf, however, it no longer gets removed from the shelf after being watched. As shown in the image below, that episode of Workaholics (and all others, for that matter), have been watched, but they still remain in the shelf.

This is a fresh install of Kodi 16.0 with the AppTV skin and very little else. Any thoughts if this would be related to a change in the skin? Seemed to go hand in hand with one of the more recent updates.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!

(2016-03-24, 05:29)SideStepSociety Wrote: Hello Wyrm, nice work on keeping the updates coming.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the TV shows "shelf" when using icon view.

Previously, when a new episode of a show was added to my library, it would be added to the top shelf of the skin when highlighting the TV shows button.

Now, when a new episode is added, it still appears in the shelf, however, it no longer gets removed from the shelf after being watched. As shown in the image below, that episode of Workaholics (and all others, for that matter), have been watched, but they still remain in the shelf.

This is a fresh install of Kodi 16.0 with the AppTV skin and very little else. Any thoughts if this would be related to a change in the skin? Seemed to go hand in hand with one of the more recent updates.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!
SideStepSociety,

Sorry only just got back to you on this have been very busy over the Easter break. Does this relate to a skin change? Yes, kinda sorta. I am no longer using the library data provider script for the shelf widgets as I am now making extensive use of the skin helper script instead. The data for the recently added episodes comes DIRECTLY from the library node for Kodi and so it matches what Kodi does exactly. Should it not drop episodes from this node after they have been watched? Well it would seem that the devs don't think so although if you make a case for the behavior that you are talking about, there is every chance that they might listen. Just for the record I think episodes should be dropped from the recently added node, but I'm only a skin writer, so I don't know if that holds much weight.

Is there anything that can be done from the skin with regards to the shelf behavior? There are a couple of options that you could investigate. 1. edit the recently added node to drop watched episodes. I had a quick play with this and could not get it to work, but I have never played with this before, so I'm probably missing something obvious. If you or someone else can figure this out, report back here with the code for the updated node. Or 2. you could organize a playlist to do the same thing and then update the code at the top of the Includes_Shelf.xml to point to the playlist instead.

Now if you can manage option 2, you should be able to make option 1 work. The added advantage of option 1 is that it should be quicker to populate the shelf this way and also the recently added episodes node will also behave in an appropriate manner. And on top of that there will be no need to also edit the skin.

Now I would love to help you further on this, but I have another project that I really need to move forward, so I don't have the time to play with this to fix the behavior to your liking. Please report back here if you have any luck as I'm sure there are others who would benefit from your solution.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi,

Congrats for this great skin, looking really great on Jarvis.
Now, I have an issue running it on LibreELEC Jarvis 16.1RC2 on a rpi0: power button just dims the display, but does not actually turn off nor reboot the device (whereas there is no issue on Confluence).

BTW, any chance this power button could give some choice to turn-off or reboot ?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1