Win Your thoughts on Dvblogic
Thanks Andy - looked all last night for this! exactly what I want, I was concerned that the buffer would be writing continually to my C drive which is a SSD... it's good to know I can change to else where... thanks
Here we go:

- Flawless Live TV with pause & rewind/fast forward

-> Pause: Yes, rewing/ fast forward in timeshift buffer leads to problem with the current addon. It often jumps wired through the stream.

- The ability to watch a program from the start that is currently being recorded.

-> Works fine for me

- Channel icons

-> Can be done within KODI and not in DVBLogic right now.

- channel changes ~1-2 sec

-> Possible. I'm using Digital Devices DVB-C and -S Hardware together with a DeltaCam twin CAM. Also encrypted channels can be tuned very fast.

- Some kind of artwork for programmes in EPG.

-> Possible with some EPG providers. You have to pay for it. Artwork for the EPG can also be integrated in some Skins, Titan for example.

- The ability to support both of my tuners TBS6905 - quad dvbS2 PCIe and a USB hauppauge win nova t

-> Dont know.

- The ability to stream multiple LIve TV using the above tuners to multiple Kodi clients (RPI2) and changing channels with effecting any other of the clients (sometimes changing channels on another client with nextpvr will Pause live tv for a second)

-> Works perfect. If Client 2 is selecting the same channel, only one channel stream is opened on your hardware and broadcasted to your clients.

- The ability to record multiple programmes at the same time

-> Works. As long as your hardware allows it.

- Supporting Kodi Jarvis series recording

-> Works. Using it daily.

- my current backend platform is Windows 10 which also runs Kodi Jarvis I also have 2 RPI2 with openelec 6.1

-> What is the question here?
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Good summary, but just to be clear...

(2016-03-09, 14:33)datranquil Wrote: - The ability to stream multiple LIve TV using the above tuners to multiple Kodi clients (RPI2) and changing channels with effecting any other of the clients (sometimes changing channels on another client with nextpvr will Pause live tv for a second)

-> Works perfect. If Client 2 is selecting the same channel, only one channel stream is opened on your hardware and broadcasted to your clients.

The OP has multiple tuners so will be able to tune at least that many channels and broadcast them across the network. Depending on the transmission type, DVBLink can also tune additional channels if they share the same multiplexed channel as one that has already been tuned to.

Another tip I forgot to mention is that - if you decide to use Comskip to skip adverts - that works only if you view recorded programs via the Video/Files menu options (you might need to add the recorded programs folder as a source to do that). That uses Kodi to display the video and Kodi is aware of the edit files generated by Comskip. Viewing the recorded programs via the TV menu option works fine, but the video is displayed from the DVBLink server which ignores the edit files. It's useful to bear that distinction in mind as it isn't always clear which bit of software is doing what.

Andy
Thanks all for your feedback, i've spent the last couple of days setting up DVBLogic and also decided to subscribe to the TV Advisor GB - I've previously used XMLTV, but I like the way that TV Advisor and DVBlogice are integrated and it's ease to set-up...

So my experience so for:

- Setting up/configuring was pretty easy and fast, i was able to install, scan and watch a TV programme with in 25 minutes or so, although i have spent some time since removing the channels that i don’t want/reordering etc...

- Channel changing takes ~1- 2 seconds, inline with my expectations and i guess any other commercial PVR. My RPI running Openelec is a little slower (still acceptable) but they are using WIFI.

- I haven’t noticed any issues with my RPi, when changing channels then don’t "stop". although I think i did witness this at the start, i turned off transcodding as the video quality wasnt good. not sure if this is related?

- Recording & Series Recording works great, I've recorded numerous programmes successfully and am able to watch other "Live TV" channels with no ill effect.

- Pause/Rewind/Fast-forward works, haven’t experienced any issues yet - but i guess it's still early days.

- I can watch a recording still in progress, i can FF to the point in time Live TV was at when i started watching the recording. I dont appear to be able FF and catch up with Live TV, i'me guess this is because the file is still growing and Kodi doesnt know how big it is...

- I don’t believe my skin supports TV artwork, I’m planning to look at mod’ing it.

- love the fact i can watch recordings & Live TV on my iPad.

Issues:

- Live TV/Kodi froze last night, looking at the log, it was saying my HD drive was close to being full, i believe this is because i still had other recordings (from another a legacy PVR), i set DVBLogic to delete any recordings, but i guess because it wasn’t aware of these files it couldn’t do anything - i've cleared the files out, and it looks like it has sorted it, I will continue to monitor the situation.

- This morning Kodi's Live TV menu option was missing (MY HTPC stays on all the time), "clearing data" under Live TV settings, forced the connection. but I’m not sure why this happened?

Will continue to evaluate, but it's looking promising (as long as my last issue doesn’t keep repeating itself!), how often do DVBLogic update versions etc, are they pretty quick in releasing the Kodi Addons when Kodi has a majour release?
Glad it's going well.

(2016-03-11, 15:38)AshG Wrote: This morning Kodi's Live TV menu option was missing (MY HTPC stays on all the time), "clearing data" under Live TV settings, forced the connection. but I’m not sure why this happened?

Will continue to evaluate, but it's looking promising (as long as my last issue doesn’t keep repeating itself!), how often do DVBLogic update versions etc, are they pretty quick in releasing the Kodi Addons when Kodi has a majour release?

The only time I've seen the 'TV' tab missing is following a restart when the DVBLogic service can take longer than the allowed timeout and sometimes gets cancelled by Windows. I have an icon to start it manually. Are you sure your HTPC didn't reboot because of an update?

DVBLogic is pretty good at staying ahead of the curve and releasing occasional, useful enhancements.Having said that there are a bunch of people complaining that it hasn't got its Kodi 17 version ready! Harsh!

Andy
Yeah you're right, My PC had rebooted, MS decided on my behalf that i needed an update and it would be ok to install and update.... This morning everything works fine, maybe i'll write a quick script to delay Kodi starting by 10 secs or so....

Kodi froze again last night, this happens when a programme is being watched and recorded at the same time, i believe this is to do with my Virus checker (AVG), i uninstalled AVG and installed Avira instead and added the recording folders as an exception... tested last night and it worked... will carry on testing this weekend!
I continue to have a problem with LIVETV freezing and dropping back to main menu, I've posted over on the DVBLOGIC forum : https://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=31005

I can recreate this issue with timer "series" recordings, scheduling a one off recording works fine. I've set a number of "series" recoding's and while watching the same programme, Kodi LIVETV will freeze and I can not watch that channel until the recording has completed, I can watch other channels.

I presume no one else has this issue?
Just tried to reproduce your issue and it worked fine. W10, Kodi 16 and DVBLink PVR 2.1.0.

Andy
Thanks Andy, that's good to know, at least that means there's wrong with my configuration and it's fixable ! Just need to work out what now!

I might delete all the timers and start again may do a repair on the Dvblogic DB as well, I've made a lot of changes to channel numbers, orders, names etc which probably doesn't help matters!
Ok this is getting frustrating, but i like a challenge! last night i scheduled a one of recording and it froze half way through it, i couldn't watch that channel until the recording had finished (i could watch other channels) and i could not watch the recorded programe to the end... I also couldn't watch the program through the webclient, which proves this is not a Kodi or Kodi Addon issue....

The wierd thing is i've done numerouse tests of recordings when i first installed DVBLogic, so i know this works, i've deleted all timers, but the one off recording proves that this is not related. The issue also seems to only happen in the evening, I dont recall ever having the issue during the daytime... I'm now thinking there must be something that runs in the background in Windows that causes this issue, maybe(!)...

to my mind i've made these changes, after this issue started apearing:

- Changed the Live TV timeshift buffer to another local hardrive
- Made numerouse changes to channel set up (re numbering etc)
- Added a DVBt USB stick (although i rarly use the 1 or 2 channels on this tuner)
Have you updated your tuner drivers? I recently found a new driver for my TBS tuners that didn't get picked up by Windows Update.

Might be worth checking task manager to see if CPU or disk utilisation goes high when the problem occurs.

I think you have both satellite and terrestrial tuners - can you do without one set temporarily to see if that helps?

Andy
Hi Andy - Funny enough i checked the TBS website this morning, I know when i first installed Windows 10 i manually installed the drivers but i cant remember what version they are, i'll check tonight, but have a feeling they are the latest drivers...

I'm thinking along the same lines as you and will also remove the USB DVBT stick. i'm wondering whether the DVBt and the TBS are in conflict or something although Windows says they are playing nicely.

Tonight I'm going to fully disable my virus checker and firewall temporally (The machine is only ever used as a HTPC so in theory nothing should get installed through dodgy emails/web browsers etc. and my router firewall should protect me from the outside world) I've already disabled "real time" checking on the virus checker but you never know it might be doing something funky.....

Checking task manger is a bit tricky as Kodi completly freezes for about a minute, the strange thing is once Kodi recovers i cant view the channel thats being recorded but I can watch other channels.....

Ash
I'm not going to count my chickens before they're hatched!!! but after numerous scheduled recordings and watching Live TV successfully last night, my issue may have been solved.... although I'm going to give it a good 3-4 days to make sure the issue does not re-occur and make sure last night wasn't just luck!

what I did:

- I turned off both Firewall and Antivirus,
- unplugged DVBt USB stick and deleted the tuner in DVBLogic, leaving just my DVBs2 quad card
- Deactivated EIT feed - I've subscribed to 3 months of TV adviser anyway
- Unticked all check boxes in the tuner advanced settings apart form "release tuner after no activity"

Fingers crossed it works over the next couple of days, I will then slowly introduce the firewall, Antivirus and DVBt stick, I'm hoping it's as simple as not having something configured correctly!
Ok so I'd just thought to close this off, it's been a good couple of days without issues, I identified the issue and it was nothing to do with anything listed above! A major school boy error on my part I'm afraid! I thought I had uninstalled NPVR, it turned out I hadn't, i just happened to look at the services in Windows and there it was happily chugging away in the background and of coarse still recording ! Hence why Kodi was freezing, a Tunner was being used by NPVR.

So all good, DVBlogic were also kind enough to extend my trial, will test to the end of the trial but I really don't anticipate any further problems. Will deffently recommend DVBlogic, this is my 4th PVR and I would say it's the best so far.
Looks like DVBLogic has just announced server side channel icons in v6 which has just been released.

DVBLink 6 News
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your thoughts on Dvblogic0