• 3(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
(2016-03-21, 15:52)compy Wrote: Can you please post it on github and enable auto update from repository ?

I may do so eventually, however I am hopeful that version 3.1.6 will work for all users, and not need any updating in the near future.

Not being a coder, I enjoy the simplicity of tinyupload, and I also like having the ability to see the download count. My Github skills lag far behind my Python skills (which are basically at the 'brute force' and 'smash the square peg into the round hole' level), so I've got some learning to do before a repository will be available. It's on my list of things to do though.

In the meantime, you can easily subscribe to this thread to stay up to date with releases. You'll notice that I've updated the thread title to include the current version number, so perhaps this will be helpful for the time being.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
ok thanks for your efforts Smile
Thanks for getting this working again, all content working, however the 'View type' keeps getting defaulted to certain types when re-entering the folders.

Using 16.1 Titan skin, the 'channels' view defaults to 'Showcase', and 'Videos' default to 'Logos'. I can change the view type, but it resets every time(no other add-on has this behavior)
(2016-03-27, 22:23)spyder Wrote: Thanks for getting this working again, all content working, however the 'View type' keeps getting defaulted to certain types when re-entering the folders.

Using 16.1 Titan skin, the 'channels' view defaults to 'Showcase', and 'Videos' default to 'Logos'. I can change the view type, but it resets every time(no other add-on has this behavior)

In my attempt to emulate the 'look and feel' of @ASDE's broken version, I hard coded the views into the add-on. I have limited experience with skins other than Confluence, and as such, did not consider this would be an issue for users of other skins. Sorry.

I can add an option in the settings to disable the forced views (probably should have done this in the first place). Though this shouldn't take long, I'll be super busy at work this week with it being the end of month, the end of quarter, and the end of fiscal year. I'll make it a priority for the weekend to implement a change though.

Glad it's working for you otherwise, and thanks for the feedback. Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Great work MetalChris, I just joined the forum and tested version 3.1.6, but there are only clips for Discovery Life. Does anyone know if Discovery Life works live in any of the IPTVs available?

Thanks.
(2016-03-29, 02:16)MetalChris Wrote: In my attempt to emulate the 'look and feel' of @ASDE's broken version, I hard coded the views into the add-on. I have limited experience with skins other than Confluence, and as such, did not consider this would be an issue for users of other skins. Sorry.

I can add an option in the settings to disable the forced views (probably should have done this in the first place). Though this shouldn't take long, I'll be super busy at work this week with it being the end of month, the end of quarter, and the end of fiscal year. I'll make it a priority for the weekend to implement a change though.

Thanks Chris, just good to know it wasn't on my end.
In Openelec on a PI2 get message lacking dependencies to run 3.1.6. Add will not work.
(2016-04-01, 16:21)nb2a Wrote: In Openelec on a PI2 get message lacking dependencies to run 3.1.6. Add will not work.

What version of OpenELEC are you running? I was able to use it on 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 6.90.002
(2016-04-01, 17:43)huizingajm Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 16:21)nb2a Wrote: In Openelec on a PI2 get message lacking dependencies to run 3.1.6. Add will not work.

What version of OpenELEC are you running? I was able to use it on 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 6.90.002

I am using the latest Milhouse build 331
(2016-04-01, 18:49)nb2a Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 17:43)huizingajm Wrote:

I am using the latest Milhouse build 331

Since you are running alpha build of 17 I would expect to have issues.

As noted above, you should probably expect some issues when running an Alpha release of anything - Kodi or other software.

Any add-on should import any needed modules listed in the addon.xml upon installation. It may simply be that under the Alpha release you are running this is not happening. In some instances, it is possible to install the needed modules by downloading the zip files from the Kodi mirrors.

Sorry you are having trouble, but without a log (wiki), it's impossible to know what's going on in your case.
I'm not able to install the zip on my nexus 7
(2016-04-02, 22:56)Yungeva Wrote: I'm not able to install the zip on my nexus 7

What version of KODI are you running? Are you just not able to find the zip. Need more info.
Might be a better idea to use github or similar hosts instead of filesharing hosts
(2016-03-30, 15:02)JoseJose Wrote: Great work MetalChris, I just joined the forum and tested version 3.1.6, but there are only clips for Discovery Life. Does anyone know if Discovery Life works live in any of the IPTVs available?

Thanks.

Some channels have no unlocked full episodes available. This may change from time to time.

To my knowledge, there are no legal live streams for any of the Discovery channels.

(2016-03-30, 17:14)spyder Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 02:16)MetalChris Wrote: In my attempt to emulate the 'look and feel' of @ASDE's broken version, I hard coded the views into the add-on. I have limited experience with skins other than Confluence, and as such, did not consider this would be an issue for users of other skins. Sorry.

Thanks Chris, just good to know it wasn't on my end.

Updated version available - Discovery Channels - v 3.1.7 - No fixes, just a minor update. I've added an option in the add-on settings that will allow users to disable the forced views. No need to update from v 3.1.6 if you do not desire this ability.

(2016-04-02, 22:56)Yungeva Wrote: I'm not able to install the zip on my nexus 7

Error message?? Log (wiki)??
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1