• 6(current)
WIP ReKOver : Skinning tool project
(2016-04-01, 03:08)reaven Wrote: dude you really are crazy !!!!!! Big Grin

YEAHHH Eek

Quote:this looks amazing, you really have been very busy Wink !!!!!!!!!!!

A lil' ... it's all about writing / rewriting / rerewriting the same code again and again until I get the correct match for settings distribution. Now it works, need to clean up this part and organize it as a "standard" before switching to the text bloc. This is sometimes breaking nerves lol ... but I can't take my head off it for too long or I'm lost in my own code Confused.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hey guys, I'm writing the text part which is working fine (infolabel selection, font size selection, text Color, etc.). While doing that and next to the way process is managed now, I'm going to simplify a few things and want to introduce a shape / sticker setting.

Can one of you provide me png's of simple shapes in white on transparent background (circle, star, triangle, haxagon, KODI logo Wink ...etc.). They are needed big size with no borders. Huh

Thx in advance.
That said, believe me, that's some fun playing with a click and draw tool :p

Here you can find some shapes :
http://www.shapecollage.com/shapes

But what would be the purpose? I don't see how putting a circle or a hexagon on a view would enhance it..
(2016-04-04, 22:19)djoole Wrote: Here you can find some shapes :

But what would be the purpose? I don't see how putting a circle or a hexagon on a view would enhance it..
Nothing in particular. Just that I'm implementing the diffuse parameter to image control. Diffusing a circle or KODI logo is something I wanted to add (mostly over plain Color for building frame and logo icon for ex.). But since it's built from a standard in code, you will be able to diffuse shapes over arts too and adding some other shapes is easy and gives some more fun. While the feature is here, just pushing it further by adding 2 or 3 more lines of code Wink.

Simple example is designing a kind of honeycomb style BG with multiple fanarts, or just a circle preview icon in menu, etc.

And ... Even if there's no direct example right now ... who know what will come up with this and users' creativity ? Wink

(2016-04-04, 22:36)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 22:19)djoole Wrote: Here you can find some shapes :

Nothing in particular. Just that I'm implementing the diffuse parameter to image control. Diffusing a circle or KODI logo is something I wanted to add (mostly over plain Color for building frame and logo icon for ex.). But since it's built from a standard in code, you will be able to diffuse shapes over arts too and adding some other shapes is easy and gives some more fun. While the feature is here, just pushing it further by adding 2 or 3 more lines of code Wink.

Simple example is designing a kind of honeycomb style BG with multiple fanarts, or just a circle preview icon in menu, etc.

And ... Even if there's no direct example right now ... who know what will come up with this and users' creativity ? Wink

this has been one of my first feature requests if you remember. If this is coming true, the graphic limitations with the Kover engine are gone! great news!
Many of KOver 1 limitations are already gone. Also, what is surprising is ... after I ended up the main designing process, the code is pretty simple and lightweight compared to the previous one. Not sure how KODI will read all these includes when building viewtypes but most of the heavy check / compares stuff have been removed.

Working with text ...

Wow ! çà déboite ! Impatient
Goddammm that is just ridiculous what you've created Jay.
(2016-04-06, 10:00)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Goddammm that is just ridiculous what you've created Jay.

Ridiculous ?

(2016-04-06, 11:14)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 10:00)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Goddammm that is just ridiculous what you've created Jay.

Ridiculous ?

It's street slang for something that is awesome
Ahah. That's what I thought. I'll go bed less stupid tonight Wink

So, I managed to make shapes to work. Really usefull to build background framework. Required me much work than I thought because it doesn't handle infolabels (sadly) so had to hardcode each shape location.

I'm going to try very soon to implement shadow, reflection and DVD cases effects to artworks, shapes. Let's see how it goes Wink

Sounds very promising!!!
Wow. And I thought KOver was crazy. But that is just unbelievable.
Hi Jayz2K,

now that you are about to develop kind of an omnipotent "skin construction set" I thought maybe it would be a good idea to not only think about the construction of the views and menus, but also about the creation of individual context menus. Such menus could be called from the skin (entries in the main menu or in submenu) as well as been connected to certain buttons on the remote control. Especially the latter is very helpful in times that we see a lot of low button remote controls (like Shield TV, Fire TV etc.).

There already is a very simple script that does exactly that. Maybe you can make use of it and somehow "implement" it into your ReKOver project. I have described that little script over here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2306189

It's just an idea.

As always: Thanx for your hard work and keep it up!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReKOver : Skinning tool project2