ArgusTV and Kodi 17
Hi, I installed the Alpha version of Kodi 17 today to test it out and I notice at the moment that ArgusTV isnt listed in the available PVR Clients. Does anybody know if this is just temporary, or is this the end of support for Argus TV (I really hope not :-( )
I don't think there has been any development on this one for best part of a year now. I was holding out for series support in the Argus addon but eventually just ditched windows altogether and got MythTV set up which is working really well, stable and for me not as difficult to set up as people seem to think!

Unless you want an indefinite wait I would just switch to something being actively developed... take a look at the various pvr subforums and you can see which are most active..
If I'm not mistaken, the last commit for this plugin was 10 days ago @ https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.argustv/...6a44988545
Then, 7 days ago, the PVR API jumped from 5.1.1 to 5.2 in the Kodi master branch.

Attempting to load a backup of this plugin from a build of Kodi a few days ago yields the following log entry:

ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'ARGUS TV client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '5.2.0', add-on API version '5.1.1'

I'd give them some time to sort it out - I'm in the same boat, but that's the price of running bleeding edge Smile
Hi,

In the latest nightly build of Kodi (KodiSetup-20160427-4015436-master), Argus TV Client is back... Wink

Cheers!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hello All!

Has anyone tried Kodi 17 with the ArgusTV Client?

From my experience, everything is working properly except the fact that Kodi creashes when exiting...I don't know if this is a general issue that happens with the other PVR Clients too or not...

Feedback are welcome!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2016-05-16, 14:39)axlt2002 Wrote: Hello All!

From my experience, everything is working properly except the fact that Kodi creashes when exiting...I don't know if this is a general issue that happens with the other PVR Clients too or not...

Feedback are welcome!

I tried this morning with the latest Nightlie for Kodi 17 on my test machine but when I installed it there didn't seem to be any PVR support working currently so reverted back to 16.1 :-(
(2016-05-19, 11:22)i0zjh02 Wrote:

Feedback are welcome!

I tried this morning with the latest Nightlie for Kodi 17 on my test machine but when I installed it there didn't seem to be any PVR support working currently so reverted back to 16.1 :-(

Yup, you are right! The latest build in fact is just 63 MBytes vs the 91 MBytes of the previous one. May be you can try with that one...as I said, for me everything is working, except the fact that Kodi is crashing when exiting...

Let me know please, so that, if confirmed, we can post a log to help the developers in fixing the bug.

Have a nice day!
(2016-05-19, 11:54)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 11:22)i0zjh02 Wrote:

Feedback are welcome!

Yup, you are right! The latest build in fact is just 63 MBytes vs the 91 MBytes of the previous one. May be you can try with that one...as I said, for me everything is working, except the fact that Kodi is crashing when exiting...

Let me know please, so that, if confirmed, we can post a log to help the developers in fixing the bug.

Have a nice day!

thanks I should have noticed the size was odd. Checked with the previous days build and PVR is working. I have same Issue as yourself. If I try to "Exit" I get the "Kodi has stopped working..." message
(2016-05-19, 16:22)i0zjh02 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 11:54)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 11:22)i0zjh02 Wrote: I tried this morning with the latest Nightlie for Kodi 17 on my test machine but when I installed it there didn't seem to be any PVR support working currently so reverted back to 16.1 :-(

Have a nice day!

thanks I should have noticed the size was odd. Checked with the previous days build and PVR is working. I have same Issue as yourself. If I try to "Exit" I get the "Kodi has stopped working..." message

Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I have opened a new issue for the Argus TV Client on github (you can find it at the following link).

I'm quite confident we will receive an help. Despite this forum seems "dead", on github developers are quite active.
I have the same issue and pasted a log at pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/y1xbmtN7
Hi all,

I am also experiencing the issue of Kodi crashing upon exiting when Argus TV is enabled.

But more worryingly, the live TV streams / recorded programs no longer play smoothly in Krypton. The video stutters / is choppy. Everything worked smoothly in 16.1. I am assuming that ffmpeg has changed how it handles MPEG-TS. Or perhaps something to do with deinterlacing (set to auto, as always). Can anyone else reproduce this?
(2016-08-30, 15:50)jchapple Wrote: Hi all,

I am also experiencing the issue of Kodi crashing upon exiting when Argus TV is enabled.

But more worryingly, the live TV streams / recorded programs no longer play smoothly in Krypton. The video stutters / is choppy. Everything worked smoothly in 16.1. I am assuming that ffmpeg has changed how it handles MPEG-TS. Or perhaps something to do with deinterlacing (set to auto, as always). Can anyone else reproduce this?
You should report about your issue and and a link to your Kodi debug log here: 283734 (thread)
You're not the only one with *.ts problems in Krypton!

I'm running the latest daily kodi 17 version (not today as daily is screwed) and playback is fine for me, quite smooth and not choppy at all (on 3 PCs). I did update 2 of them to Nvidia GTX 950/960 cards though to enable HW decoding of H.265 4k video files as these files did stutter and still do on the 3rd Pc running a Radeon R7 250 card but live TV and non H.265 files are all OK
(2016-09-02, 14:48)i0zjh02 Wrote:

I'm running the latest daily kodi 17 version (not today as daily is screwed) and playback is fine for me, quite smooth and not choppy at all (on 3 PCs). I did update 2 of them to Nvidia GTX 950/960 cards though to enable HW decoding of H.265 4k video files as these files did stutter and still do on the 3rd Pc running a Radeon R7 250 card but live TV and non H.265 files are all OK

Thanks. I've just ordered a GTX 950 so hopefully that'll solve it!
So I am now using the GTX 950. Still, in Kodi Krypton both Live TV streams and, as I have now discovered - 4K HEVC content do not playback smoothly. Kodi is reporting that it is using HW decoding, as expected, but there are consistently dropped frames (obvious to the eye) making the playback look very jerky.

Live TV streams play perfectly fine on Kodi 16.1, and I can play 4K HEVC with MPC-HC (LAV Filter) completely perfectly on the same machine.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ArgusTV and Kodi 170