• 18(current)
Release Janitor
(2016-05-13, 00:39)YoYoost Wrote: This seems to have fixed it after 1 viewed video, will keep checking.
Thanks for looking into this!

You're welcome. Thanks for confirming this
(2016-05-12, 18:00)Anthirian Wrote: I have just pushed two commits that look like they fix the issues you guys were having with running as a service and foreign language titles. Could you please download the latest version from Github and use this to test if your problem has been solved?

Worked for me as well, thanks!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Your great addon is working again!
Good job!!!
Good Morning Sorry for my English. My Problem is, Janitor don't delete/move files. What i found, if the undeleted Files have a ":" in File/Foldername, janitor fails to move the files.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3 mit Tapatalk
Question 
Hello All,

Janitor seems just what I am looking for, but I must be missing something. I set it to 'Clean TV shows', set the holding folder location as not to delete my files just yet, ran manually but the only thing it moved was one video file I watched the other night. I was expecting it to delete any old/unwatched recorded over the air TV shows from my NextPVR, and not touch my video files. Am I doing something wrong? Undecided

Thank you
(2016-05-17, 06:52)brainweasel Wrote: Good Morning Sorry for my English. My Problem is, Janitor don't delete/move files. What i found, if the undeleted Files have a ":" in File/Foldername, janitor fails to move the files.
Unfortunately you did not provide any log files, so I cannot look into your issue.

(2016-05-19, 08:48)jtrpop Wrote: Janitor seems just what I am looking for, but I must be missing something. I set it to 'Clean TV shows', set the holding folder location as not to delete my files just yet, ran manually but the only thing it moved was one video file I watched the other night. I was expecting it to delete any old/unwatched recorded over the air TV shows from my NextPVR, and not touch my video files. Am I doing something wrong? Undecided
I have not tested cleaning PVR recordings with Janitor as I do not have access to a TV tuner with which I can record TV. It may work, but according to your post it appears it doesn't. Please make sure you enable debug logging in Janitor's settings before you attempt to clean and post those logs. I might be able to help you out that way.
WTF?!?

Janitor just killed all my movies!

It updated to 4.2.1 and now ignored all exclusions! I used the versions before and had an exclusion for my collections folder. The exclusion is still there and enabled, but all watched movies from my collections folder are gone!
I have one webdav source (with content set) and the addon doesn't move the videos there. Is it supposed to? I have version 3.2.0 installed on gotham, while first post says version 4 is supported it doesn't offer me the update option. Is this addon available for manual installs?
Is it possible to increase the time, after watching, before deletion beyond 30 days? I am looking to retain post watch for one year then remove.
(2016-05-25, 17:20)Kharlanki Wrote: WTF?!?

Janitor just killed all my movies!

It updated to 4.2.1 and now ignored all exclusions! I used the versions before and had an exclusion for my collections folder. The exclusion is still there and enabled, but all watched movies from my collections folder are gone!
This is always a risk you take when using Janitor. It is clearly stated in the addon description this might happen. I always test Janitor before releasing new versions, but occasionally a bug might be introduced. I simply do not have the devices and configurations to make sure all possible scenarios are properly tested. However I do really try to make sure everything is tested properly before releasing updates. Also automatically updating addons can be disabled in order to prevent this type of issue. Furthermore I cannot reproduce the issue you mention and see you did not post any log file to help me make sense of it, so I unfortunately cannot help you any further.
(2016-05-28, 16:28)rpgmaker Wrote: I have one webdav source (with content set) and the addon doesn't move the videos there. Is it supposed to? I have version 3.2.0 installed on gotham, while first post says version 4 is supported it doesn't offer me the update option. Is this addon available for manual installs?
With each new release of Kodi support for previous versions is dropped. This means the old Kodi does not get any new versions, even if it contains a bug. I simply do not have the time to maintain multiple versions because of my day job. I'm not entirely sure about webdav compatibility but I encourage you to give Kodi 16 a try with the newest version of Janitor. Please make sure you set a holding folder in case of issues.
(2016-06-03, 05:04)mels0n Wrote: Is it possible to increase the time, after watching, before deletion beyond 30 days? I am looking to retain post watch for one year then remove.
It is indeed possible, but not through the settings dialog. You may edit userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/setttings.xml to contain <setting id="expire_after" value="365" /> instead of your current value (in days). Generally 30 days is a reasonable amount of time, which is why I chose not to allow entering higher values via Kodi, but as stated you are welcome to work around this yourself.
Every time I run Janitor it locks up and I get the following in the log:
Code:
11:27:26 629.741699 T:1766851568  NOTICE: Janitor: Starting cleaning routine.
11:27:27 629.793152 T:1766851568  NOTICE: Janitor: Cleaning of 'movies' is disabled. Skipping.
11:27:27 629.810242 T:1766851568  NOTICE: Janitor: Cleaning of 'musicvideos' is disabled. Skipping.
11:27:27 629.899780 T:1766851568  NOTICE: Janitor: [VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes] Filters enabled: [{'operator': 'greaterthan', 'field': 'playcount', 'value': '0'}, {'operator': 'notinthelast', 'field': 'lastplayed', 'value': '30.000000'}, {'operator': 'false', 'field': 'inprogress', 'value': ''}]
11:27:28 631.583740 T:1766851568  NOTICE: Janitor: [VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes] Response: '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"episodes":[{"episodeid":2,"file":"nfs://192.168.1.200/Torrents/TV Shows/White Collar/Season 06/White Collar - S06E01 - Borrowed Time.mkv","label":"6x01. Borrowed Time","showtitle":"White Collar"},{"episodeid":3,"file":"nfs://192.168.1.200/Torrents/TV Shows/White Collar/Season 06/White Collar - S06E02 - Return to Sender.mkv","label
11:27:28 631.614441 T:1766851568   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 85: invalid continuation byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/service.py", line 46, in <module>
                                                autostart()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/service.py", line 32, in autostart
                                                results, _ = cleaner.clean_all()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/default.py", line 234, in clean_all
                                                cleaned_files, count, status = self.clean(video_type)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/default.py", line 140, in clean
                                                expired_videos = self.get_expired_videos(video_type)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/default.py", line 342, in get_expired_videos
                                                result = json.loads(response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 85: invalid continuation byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:27:29 631.824890 T:1766851568 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(2, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/service.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.filecleaner/service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon4xbmc7MonitorE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui14DialogProgressE
I'm having a similar problem to the user above where exclusions are no longer working - not a massive problem for me as I only have Janitor enabled on TV Series, and the only thing I want to keep is a folder of a kids TV show for my kids.

It's running on a Synology NAS and I had the idea that I'd just set the permissions on that folder to Read Only, however the files still get deleted. Does the Janitor process use the root account to carry out it's delete operation?

Is there anything I can do to preserve this folder?

Thanks
This is weirder than I thought, the episodes don't delete when I kick off Janitor manually but they do disappear if they have a watched status and the system kicks off an automatic sweep. Nothing in the logs to say they've been deleted either.
Thanks for your efforts!

Would you please publish the old version, that still supports Gotham?
Got "Dependencies not met" installing on Gotham box (PrismCube).

UPD: Found it: https://github.com/Anthirian/script.file...r/releases
Is 4.0.1 the latest to work on Gotham?
UPD: Yes.

I got the bug with log not being created - should I downgrade to 4.0.0? Or.. Whats's the filename and path for the log file? (I will create it manually)
UPD: The log is up and running at "./mnt/hdd0/program/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/cleaner.log",
yet when i press "View cleaning history" from the app the log window does not popup : (

P.S. Sorry for self-talk.. just wonder why I had log window working previously (before i reinstalled XMBC).
Do you plan to update Janitor for Kodi 17 betas, or do we need to wait for the official Kodi release?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4