• 2(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
Yep, hopefully I'll be granted the bit of time I need to do it this evening.

I checked the Home Menu in Kodi 16.1, and it isn't possible to toggle the enable/disable button (it states 'can not be customised'). Very odd. I'll be sure to check it when I load the nightly.
I can't replicate it any other way, and so have to assume that, in a bid to remove the Home Shelf from Favourites, I accidentally disabled 'Quit and 'Settings' in the Home Menu. It seems plausible that I could have.

It's probably worth restricting the ability to be able to do that, to prevent numpties like me from locking themselves out.

The good news is that it appears to be working (for me at least), but I've found a couple of small issues. You may be aware of them, but I'll assume you don't. Either that or it's just a new setting to change it somehow, and I haven't found it yet.

1. Something strange is happening with the home shelf. Only one item appears, and it's positioning isn't correct. Also, as I described before, by default it's set to 'No', yet it still appears. If Yes is selected, it's hidden for all but the Favourites Menu. Here's a couple of Pics:

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/29/oN5nMJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3610/RuGnAn.png

2. After entering a library, pressing return once doesn't exit the library. Instead, it leads to here (library list):

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/1735/nbWmGJ.png

Pressing return once more exits to the Main Menu.

3. The 'Use default background on home page', if enabled, correctly (I believe) replaces the background in the libraries, but it also replaces all of the background pictures for each of the home menu items. Disabling this then restores the background pictures. I'm assuming this is not as intended.

4. I was under the impression that a seek bar slider had been added to the video playback. This may not be the case, but if so, I haven't been able to get it to work.

Otherwise, all appears to be working well. So, I'd just like to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this skin going. I, along with many others, really appreciate it.

I'll get back to testing now, to see if I can break it again.
(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: I can't replicate it any other way, and so have to assume that, in a bid to remove the Home Shelf from Favourites, I accidentally disabled 'Quit and 'Settings' in the Home Menu. It seems plausible that I could have.

It's probably worth restricting the ability to be able to do that, to prevent numpties like me from locking themselves out.

The good news is that it appears to be working (for me at least),

That's good news, yes I'll think of a way to always make settings available by one route at least

(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: but I've found a couple of small issues. You may be aware of them, but I'll assume you don't. Either that or it's just a new setting to change it somehow, and I haven't found it yet.

1. Something strange is happening with the home shelf. Only one item appears, and it's positioning isn't correct. Also, as I described before, by default it's set to 'No', yet it still appears. If Yes is selected, it's hidden for all but the Favourites Menu. Here's a couple of Pics:

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/29/oN5nMJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3610/RuGnAn.png

I've found the issues and they are be fixed in the next commit. I've expanded the shelf options so you can disable each type individually e.g. tvshows, movies etc. I'll post here when it is available.

(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: 2. After entering a library, pressing return once doesn't exit the library. Instead, it leads to here (library list):

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/1735/nbWmGJ.png

Pressing return once more exits to the Main Menu.

It seems to be affecting Estuary as well so must be a core bug.

(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: 3. The 'Use default background on home page', if enabled, correctly (I believe) replaces the background in the libraries, but it also replaces all of the background pictures for each of the home menu items. Disabling this then restores the background pictures. I'm assuming this is not as intended.

This is by design, I have changed the wording to 'Use default background for all windows' as it does not just apply to the home screen anymore it will affect all windows.

(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: 4. I was under the impression that a seek bar slider had been added to the video playback. This may not be the case, but if so, I haven't been able to get it to work.

It's on my list but I'm reworking the media views at the moment to make them more consistent and clearer (well I think so anyway :-) )

(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: Otherwise, all appears to be working well. So, I'd just like to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this skin going. I, along with many others, really appreciate it.

I'll get back to testing now, to see if I can break it again.

No problem, hopefully with the feedback we get we can make the skin even better.
A new commit is now available in the Krypton2 branch that addresses the home shelf and setting issues above.

It also contains the initial work on the media views, all views will now contain the same size icons and options to make them smaller etc.

18thMay2016 -New media icon layouts, fix homeshelf on horizontal home, some settings rework,

Media layouts are yet to be finished there are some alignment issues and missing labels, this is next on my list.
(2016-05-18, 11:13)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 00:38)CrankyCraig Wrote: 3. The 'Use default background on home page', if enabled, correctly (I believe) replaces the background in the libraries, but it also replaces all of the background pictures for each of the home menu items. Disabling this then restores the background pictures. I'm assuming this is not as intended.

This is by design, I have changed the wording to 'Use default background for all windows' as it does not just apply to the home screen anymore it will affect all windows.

This is _almost_ brilliant. When setting up I always have to replace a few unwanted PleXBMC/Amber default library pictures that worm their way into my libraries (an ugly process which happens to be one of the only issues I still have with Amber since Frodo), but enabling this prevents me from having to. In that regard it's great, as it's remedied a problem in a simpler, more elegant way. As a user who prefers to have the background displayed instead of the Home Shelf though, it's not so great, because seeing the same background for each library spoils the experience. I'm not sure that having it override the backgrounds in the Home Screen is even necessary, as these backgrounds can already be set individually. Just my opinion, though.

Also, I've discovered another problem. When creating another user profile without copying settings, I can't change the skin ('Get Skins' button has no effect). If, when setting up a new user I choose 'Copy Settings', then when I log into the profile I receive a message 'Unable to load skin - skin is missing some files'. I suspect it's probably something that affects Kodi more generally, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

The way that I have it set up everything else appears to be working well. Is there anything more specifically you'd like me to check, or that you feel may have ben affected by recent changes?
(2016-05-20, 01:07)CrankyCraig Wrote: This is _almost_ brilliant. When setting up I always have to replace a few unwanted PleXBMC/Amber default library pictures that worm their way into my libraries (an ugly process which happens to be one of the only issues I still have with Amber since Frodo), but enabling this prevents me from having to. In that regard it's great, as it's remedied a problem in a simpler, more elegant way. As a user who prefers to have the background displayed instead of the Home Shelf though, it's not so great, because seeing the same background for each library spoils the experience. I'm not sure that having it override the backgrounds in the Home Screen is even necessary, as these backgrounds can already be set individually. Just my opinion, though.

OK, so how about two settings, one to specify default background on the home screens, and another for sub screens. I do like the default option as it is a quick way to get all screens using the same background instead of having to change each background individually.
Update available on Krypton2 branch

20thMay2016 -Initial batch of changes for video views, mainly icons, big panel and panel views, allow hiding of individual shelf types
(2016-05-20, 13:20)joethepartylion Wrote: OK, so how about two settings, one to specify default background on the home screens, and another for sub screens. I do like the default option as it is a quick way to get all screens using the same background instead of having to change each background individually.

Yeah, sounds like an ideal solution if it's easy enough to do.
(2016-05-22, 08:53)CrankyCraig Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 13:20)joethepartylion Wrote: OK, so how about two settings, one to specify default background on the home screens, and another for sub screens. I do like the default option as it is a quick way to get all screens using the same background instead of having to change each background individually.

Yeah, sounds like an ideal solution if it's easy enough to do.

Done, now available on Krypton2 branch :-)
(2016-05-23, 11:30)joethepartylion Wrote: Done, now available on Krypton2 branch :-)

Excellent work that man. Amber just got that bit better.
OK, the last update for Krypton2 branch:

26thMay2016 - Change lists views for consistency

If you notice any issues then please let me know
Here's another for Krypton2 branch

3rdJune2016 -Add some 'back' icons for usability, update addon launcher, stop menu label changing for Movie\TV Show entry points, add Music entry point setting (replaces 'Music opens artist' setting).
NEW BRANCH

Any issues with this specific version then please post them to this thread to keep the forum tidy.

7thJune2016 -Moved to Krypton3 branch Initial support for episodes as posters (new skin level setting), Add DefaultEpisode icons optimise some, required AudioDSPManager updates and some improvements, some setting tweaks\fixes, add In-Progress movies sub menu item, add 8 day weather view option.
9thJune2016 -Initial support for Image Resource script - you can now customise music\movie genre, weather and studio icons. Setting to hide the title bar form all subwindows, sidebar rework for movies\videos
Hello
in which file I can find "hide out" because it is not in the language fr.fr
I also updated the translation into French in the rest of the parameters if the file can I interest you post it.

just for my information , what is the xml file that manages the context menu or the right click of the id
thank you
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1