• 3(current)
Release igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton
Is there a way to import my Conq settings? It's great that you continue the skin but imho it deviates too much from the original. It's not that simple anymore.
(2016-06-05, 15:41)meccs Wrote: Is there a way to import my Conq settings?

No.

(2016-06-05, 15:41)meccs Wrote: It's great that you continue the skin but imho it deviates too much from the original. It's not that simple anymore.

I'm not trying to continue Conq, but rather just publicising my own mod - as the first post says, hopefully it keeps alive the spirit of the original - but the spirit is all I'm going for. Having said that, if there are particular areas that you have specific ideas for simplifying then feel free to ask for some mods - but as this is a personal mod, there's no guarantee I'll make them (though I'll be happy to point out where in the code you could start looking to mod the skin yourself...)
Maybe a screenshot... Or video!!! Thanks...
You mean like the screenshots in the first post...?
(2016-06-05, 17:06)BobCratchett Wrote: I'm not trying to continue Conq, but rather just publicising my own mod - as the first post says, hopefully it keeps alive the spirit of the original - but the spirit is all I'm going for. Having said that, if there are particular areas that you have specific ideas for simplifying then feel free to ask for some mods - but as this is a personal mod, there's no guarantee I'll make them (though I'll be happy to point out where in the code you could start looking to mod the skin yourself...)
Fair enough. I just switched to Kodi 17 and might get used to it. It is mainly a configuration/setup issue. The original Conq was more or less a "out of the box perfect" experience.
Apart from that, my only main issues currently are the option that should show 3 main menu items only shows 2 for me (or it shows three but it's a transparency issue) and the addon widget that should show the installed video addons doesn't work. I can see the addon icons but they "fly out" of the screen to the left side and disappear. Like they don't align properly.
(2016-06-05, 20:14)meccs Wrote: The option that should show 3 main menu items only shows 2 for me (or it shows three but it's a transparency issue)

Can't reproduce this, and have double-checked the code - the list is set to the correct height (360, with each list item being 120) - but in case it's a transparency issue I've changed it on git to ensure the fade effect for the full-screen list isn't applied to the small list.

(2016-06-05, 20:14)meccs Wrote: the addon widget that should show the installed video addons doesn't work. I can see the addon icons but they "fly out" of the screen to the left side and disappear. Like they don't align properly.

Typo in the template, should now be fixed and thanks for the bug report Smile
Thanks. Albums have the same issue where you can see them moving to the left out of the window.
The thing with the 3 menu items is weird. I just reinstalled the skin and after switching to 3 items and changing a few settings I go to the main menu and there are the three menus but when it is done rebuilding the shortcuts it switches to only two. It only happens the first time after a fresh installation of the skin and shortcut addon. After that when I switch to normal and then back to 3 it only shows two.
Just to confirm you're still experiencing both issues with the updates I pushed earlier? The widgets being in the wrong location really should be fixed, and are working for me after testing them with different numbers of items in them (from 1 through to 9). Thanks for the info regarding the 3 menu items - I'll try again to reproduce that with the extra info tomorrow.
(2016-06-06, 00:17)BobCratchett Wrote: Just to confirm you're still experiencing both issues with the updates I pushed earlier? The widgets being in the wrong location really should be fixed, and are working for me after testing them with different numbers of items in them (from 1 through to 9). Thanks for the info regarding the 3 menu items - I'll try again to reproduce that with the extra info tomorrow.
The addons widget works now (thanks) but not the Albums widget (recent added albums). It just moves off the screen to the left like the addons widget did before.
I've tried to reproduce this every which way but, I'm sorry to say, I'm unable to. As a workaround, you could edit the shortcuts/template.xml file to remove the different slide animations used for different number of items in the widgets. Line 1207, remove all of the animation elements (in both groups - 'Layout slide' and 'Wide layout slide') with:-

Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-2015,0" time="0" condition="True">conditional</animation>

With that, the only way any given widget shouldn't show in the vertical menu is if there aren't any items to display, though if there's less than the full number needed to fill the space, the gap will be to the right of the list rather than the left.
Strange. Some additional information:

I can see my albums when I set the Artwork to "Wide". It was the same with the Video-Addons Widget until you fixed it. Any other Artwork setting and they would fly off to the left side. So with Artwork set to Wide they align properly, but there is only room for three items since the spacing is so... well Wide as the name says. Animation looks fine in this case.
I might look into it myself. I'm in no way a programmer or skinner but I know my way around code. Maybe I can find what is causing this because I really want it to work since Conq is the only Skin I can use at this point. What exactly did you change to make it work with the Addons widget?

Regarding the 3 Main menu items: If you have less than 9 main menu items it only shows 2 if the "classic 3" is selected. If you have 9 or more it shows 3 main menu items.
Same with the default menu setting. If I just have 8 items it shows 6 and the one below the selected is missing. If I have 9 items it displays the one below the selected.
Regarding the main menu, that's interesting - the fade works (or is meant to work) when there's less than 8 items by calling an undocumented feature of the Skin Shortcuts script which duplicates the menu items so that, behind the scenes at least, there actually are more than 9. I've obviously managed to break the call at some point, but have just pushed a fix to git. (You'll need to trigger the menu to be re-built)

However, the issue won't have affected the 3-item menu after the minor changes I pushed a couple of days ago, so it's worth double-checking that you really do have the latest changes from git installed (it's also worth checking that you have only one 'skin.igconq' folder in your addons folder - Kodi has been known to sometimes append '-master' to the folder name when installing from a zip from git, leaving you with two folders for the same addon, and Kodi isn't always great at knowing which of those folders to load from!) It could also mean you don't have the fix for widgets with less than 6 items Wink

The widgets have been completely re-written from the Conq days - they're now built by Skin Shortcuts as part of the normal menu build from templates contained in the shortcuts/template.xml file. Docs on templates.
Wow. Ok. Thanks for the tip. I did uninstall the skin but made sure I also delete all the folders manually this time and installed it from scratch and now everything works. 3 items in the main menu and items align properly. Thanks for the fix. Not sure why it worked partially after updating but it seems to be fixed now Smile

Edit: Question about auto updates. I did update manually since there isn't any repository that comes with your skin, so it's not updating automatically right?

I'm getting a few error messages though:

13:16:40 T:1963941888 WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
13:16:40 T:1963941888 NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/extras/backgrounds/Aquamarine.jpg
That's right, it won't update automatically. I may host a repo at some point, but I don't have the time to learn how to set all that up at the moment.

Is the aquamarine background displaying? If so, then it's probably safe to ignore that. The backgrounds (aside from the new default) are all direct copies from Conq, so it's not impossible that they may not be saved in the best format for Kodi, though I would expect Hitcher to have taken care of anything like that.
Is it possible to add a curve for horizontal view like in this conq mod? Would be great, cause the home menu wouldn't look that empty...

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton3