• 25(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
Newbie question.. I am unclear on the interaction of Update Video Library with Update custom path - they seem to be different. Since my movie library does not change too often, I would like to update that every 24 hours. I am also using HDHomeRun DVR to record shows I watch via the Kodi main menu TV Shows, therefore would like for it to update every 15 minutes from 18-23. Do I need two custom path updates OR can I use the Update Video Library every 24 hours and 1 custom path to the recordings 0,15,30,45 18-23 * * * ?

Does this seem like a good strategy? Will it create too much overhead/net traffic/etc?

Thanks for the insight -- BTW, awesome add-on
im having an issue where the updater will detect movies i dont even have and add them. it sat there and added 366 movies ive never even heard of from themoviedatabase. i have no idea what to do to stop this... i disabled the addon and deleted all the movies it added to my library. it was the strangest thing, it started from 1 and went through all numbers then the alphabet, so i had movies like 1, 1408, 2, 87-64, lots of ufc fights, random foreign movies, and none of them worked, it was just added to the library with artwork. the folder its set to scan doesnt contain anything that would trigger this. if anybody has any idea what to do, please let me know.
(2016-05-03, 17:27)MalibuDave42 Wrote: Newbie question.. I am unclear on the interaction of Update Video Library with Update custom path - they seem to be different. Since my movie library does not change too often, I would like to update that every 24 hours. I am also using HDHomeRun DVR to record shows I watch via the Kodi main menu TV Shows, therefore would like for it to update every 15 minutes from 18-23. Do I need two custom path updates OR can I use the Update Video Library every 24 hours and 1 custom path to the recordings 0,15,30,45 18-23 * * * ?

Does this seem like a good strategy? Will it create too much overhead/net traffic/etc?

Thanks for the insight -- BTW, awesome add-on

This is kind of old but figured I'd respond:

The Kodi built in function for scanning the library allows you to pass in a path and then scan only that path instead of all your configured folders. So your example would work. Scan the custom folder you want on a set interval to just get that folder, and then do the whole library once a day to get changes in any other folders.

(2016-07-12, 01:05)metathirteen Wrote: im having an issue where the updater will detect movies i dont even have and add them. it sat there and added 366 movies ive never even heard of from themoviedatabase. i have no idea what to do to stop this... i disabled the addon and deleted all the movies it added to my library. it was the strangest thing, it started from 1 and went through all numbers then the alphabet, so i had movies like 1, 1408, 2, 87-64, lots of ufc fights, random foreign movies, and none of them worked, it was just added to the library with artwork. the folder its set to scan doesnt contain anything that would trigger this. if anybody has any idea what to do, please let me know.

I'd suggest grabbing a log file. The Kodi scanner is actually what is being kicked off to scrape files. It is finding something that it thinks are movies in these folders. A log will tell you exactly what files and where it is finding them.
(2016-01-08, 05:48)ac_car Wrote: Really like this add-on. Thank you for your hard work on it! Have run into a couple issues on version 0.9.8 that thought you should be aware of.

1) Cleaning - Can't seem to set cron schedule on cleaning via the GUI. Whenever I navigate to the cleaning tab in the settings and select "Cron Expression" for the cleaning frequency the 'Video Cron Expression' and 'Music Cron Expression' fields are displayed but are not enabled (grayed out). I've attempted different library to clean combinations and can't seem to enable it. I've noted this behavior on both an OpenElec (latest build) as well as my Windows (16B4) systems. Manually setting the cron via the settings.xml file works fine. Just would be nice to not have to manually edit the file.

2) Cron Syntax - Using the GUI I attempted to set the Video library to update ever 30 minutes starting at 10 minutes after the hour. For this I chose to use a step value entry (10/30). Entering the expression into the GUI is quick and easy. Unfortunately upon restarting Kodi the add-on fails throwing an exception error. See sample error log and settings xml below. From my tests it looks like the error is only encountered when attempting to use a step value so I'd say it is the '/' that is causing the exception.

NOTE: For newbies like me, a great site for checking the cron syntax is; http://crontab.guru/

NOTE: With your add-on I've been able to set up a window to update my libraries at a desired interval and then outside of the update window set cleaning to the time of my choosing in a configuration that I can easily transfer from system to system (Linux or Windows). Thanks again!

I'll check on the cleaning cron expression, probably just an issue with the settings.xml file.

The step syntax you have is a "non standard" implementation of the cron syntax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron). The cron syntax parser throws an error as it doesn't know what it means. You won't be able to set the schedule that way.
Hi.. is there anyway to auto retry scanning when the metadata host is down? Last night thetvdb was down and it didn't auto retry..
I run mySQL on a W732 server that also has all my videos on SMB shares. I have two kodi profiles. The server isn't used to watch videos, but it has a kodi installation for managing kodi. I want the server to do the automatic Library updates as it is the only one that is on 24/7. Five other kodi boxes are used as needed.

Basically, my question is how to get two libtaries for two profiles automatically updated.

1. It looks like I need to install this auto lib update add-on into both profiles in the server kodi install. Correct?

2. Do I need to have kodi running all the time on the server to get automatic library updates? Previously, I left it off unless I needed to manage kodi.

3. If I need to leave kodi running on the server, which profile do I leave logged in? Will it update the library of both profiles if I leave it logged in as only one? If not, how do I automatically get the second profile updated?

Thanks.
Hi,

I am running XBMC on an Raspberry Pi to do a presentation of jpg images. The images are stored local on the SD-card in several directories. One directory for each day of the week. This solution works fine. To refresh the presentation I scheduled a nightly reboot and sometimes when needed I perform a manual reboot.
When i saw that there was an Add-on that could do the update automagicaly, i did install and configure this Add-on.
However the add-on does not refresh the jpg presentation. Maybe it is not expected to do so, because on the menu buttons i only see Video and Music.
Would be glad to hear if this Add-on can be used for refreshing the image library. If so, what might i be missing?

Regards, Benny.
Hi.

I installed the excellent XBMC Library Updater, just what I was looking for and it was working fine. However, I've noticed that it isn't updating the library anymore. I disabled it then enabled it and it came up with a brief error message that tells me to check the log. I'm not sure where the log is saved, would it be in Userdata/addon_data/service.libraryautoupdate? I'm running it on a Pi (5 Ninja Slice).

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing although it still had my timer settings saved so if it's a config corruption it might still be there...

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Been quite a while since I've posted on here - I do apologize for anyone that has posted an issue and not received some help.

2016 was kind of a busy year - new job, new responsibilities in the real world. I don't want the work on this addon to just fall on the wayside though. Just wanted to let everyone following this know for 2017 I'm going to commit at least 2 hours a week to my open source projects - this addon included. In the past I've always counted on having down-time to work on things like this; and that time just isn't in supply like it used to be. I've put everyone in my family on notice - I'm going to schedule time to work on these types of things, shut my office door, and get some work done!

For this addon specifically I don't have a lot of changes planned. Honestly it seems to work pretty well for what it's meant to do. There are some fixes on GitHub that need to be pushed to the official repo though. I'd also like to rework the custom_paths.xml file. That was honestly a quick hack that was done to lend some advanced functionality. I think it can be done a lot cleaner in the GUI. Hopefully more things to come as I get back into examining the code again.
I realize some of these are old - better late than never right?

(2016-09-16, 03:02)denywinarto Wrote: Hi.. is there anyway to auto retry scanning when the metadata host is down? Last night thetvdb was down and it didn't auto retry..

What do you mean by "auto retry"? Once the "Scan()" command is sent to Kodi the media center takes over the activity. If the metadata host is down, it can't get any information. This addon gets notified via the ScanFinished monitor but that only says what library has finished scanning, not if any data has changed, or if metadata was connected to.

I would just recommend spacing your library scan timer to a setting that will try again in a reasonable amount of time. If a site is down all night, retrying every 5 min is kind of pointless anyway. I have mine set to every 2 hours. If something is down, it will get it on the next run.

(2016-10-01, 17:03)HTPC17 Wrote: I run mySQL on a W732 server that also has all my videos on SMB shares. I have two kodi profiles. The server isn't used to watch videos, but it has a kodi installation for managing kodi. I want the server to do the automatic Library updates as it is the only one that is on 24/7. Five other kodi boxes are used as needed.

Basically, my question is how to get two libtaries for two profiles automatically updated.

1. It looks like I need to install this auto lib update add-on into both profiles in the server kodi install. Correct?

2. Do I need to have kodi running all the time on the server to get automatic library updates? Previously, I left it off unless I needed to manage kodi.

3. If I need to leave kodi running on the server, which profile do I leave logged in? Will it update the library of both profiles if I leave it logged in as only one? If not, how do I automatically get the second profile updated?

Thanks.

To sort of answer all your questions in one short go - "yes". The way the scanner in Kodi works is that Kodi must be running. This addon is simply a timer, so it must be running within Kodi for it to kick off the scan. It will run the scan under the profile name of whomever is logged in. In order to scan two different profiles you'd need 2 instances of Kodi each running under a different profile with the Updater addon installed. Kind of a pain, I know. For "less used" profiles (ie Kids stuff) at my house I just have Kodi set to run the update at login. It doesn't take long.

(2016-12-21, 20:58)Benny54 Wrote: Hi,

I am running XBMC on an Raspberry Pi to do a presentation of jpg images. The images are stored local on the SD-card in several directories. One directory for each day of the week. This solution works fine. To refresh the presentation I scheduled a nightly reboot and sometimes when needed I perform a manual reboot.
When i saw that there was an Add-on that could do the update automagicaly, i did install and configure this Add-on.
However the add-on does not refresh the jpg presentation. Maybe it is not expected to do so, because on the menu buttons i only see Video and Music.
Would be glad to hear if this Add-on can be used for refreshing the image library. If so, what might i be missing?

Regards, Benny.

It sounds like you want to re-load images from a directory for like a slideshow? Are you using the slideshow addon built in to Kodi? It is a known issue with that particular addon that you need to stop it and restart it to get it to re-scan the image folder for new images (disable the screensaver, wait to start again). This addon is for the video and music libraries only so it won't help you I'm afraid.

(2016-12-30, 16:54)SliceOfPi Wrote: Hi.

I installed the excellent XBMC Library Updater, just what I was looking for and it was working fine. However, I've noticed that it isn't updating the library anymore. I disabled it then enabled it and it came up with a brief error message that tells me to check the log. I'm not sure where the log is saved, would it be in Userdata/addon_data/service.libraryautoupdate? I'm running it on a Pi (5 Ninja Slice).

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing although it still had my timer settings saved so if it's a config corruption it might still be there...

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers

I'd be curios to see the log. Try the Log Uploader addon to get it onto the web where you can post a link.
Hi Rob.

Thanks for getting back and suggesting the log uploader Haddon. Unfortunately the Kodi Wiki is reporting that the repository is broken:

"This add-on has been marked as broken in the repository: Upload website is no longer functional"

Is there any other way I can locate the log and paste the text here?
(2017-01-03, 18:52)SliceOfPi Wrote: Hi Rob.

Thanks for getting back and suggesting the log uploader Haddon. Unfortunately the Kodi Wiki is reporting that the repository is broken:

"This add-on has been marked as broken in the repository: Upload website is no longer functional"

Is there any other way I can locate the log and paste the text here?

I looked up that Slice media player, it looks like it's based on OpenElec. If that's true you should be able access a series of SMB shares at \\IPADDRESS\ - one of these should just be called "logfiles" and have the kodi.log file in it.
Cheers Rob.

I've found the log file which is 410KB so have searched for the latest reference to libraryautoupdate. Below is the extract from the file. Let me know if you need the full log file.

10:29:09 32.192959 T:1801634880 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:29:11 34.699173 T:1801634880 NOTICE: ## OpenELEC Addon ## 0.6.12
10:29:11 34.762882 T:1810023488 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:29:13 36.747631 T:1810023488 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.8 : Update Library Service starting...
10:29:13 36.777664 T:1810023488 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.8 : update timers
10:29:13 36.791378 T:1810023488 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.8 : Creating timer for Video Library
10:29:14 37.230888 T:1810023488 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('0/240',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/default.py", line 6, in <module>
AutoUpdater().runProgram()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 35, in __init__
self.createSchedules(True)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 162, in createSchedules
aSchedule.next_run = self.calcNextRun(aSchedule.expression,self.last_run)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 231, in calcNextRun
cron = croniter(cronExp,startTime)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/resources/lib/croniter.py", line 93, in __init__
t = self.ALPHACONV[i][t.lower()]
KeyError: ('0/240',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
I think I've spotted an error with the cron expression which I've changed to

0/240 0 9-23 * *
rather than
0 0/240 9-23 * * *

but it still flashes up with the error message...
tweaked it again to

*/240 9-23 * * *

and no error message this time when I disabled then enabled the add-on.

I'll see if it it scans and adds new files when I add a new one.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00