How to disable vertical menu on install?
can someone please help me. im a bit of a noob when it comes to .xml code and i would appreciate the help.

basically, im making my own build and i am using cirrus extended as the skin. mainly coz i like it and im sick and tired of all the nox builds.

my issue is, my build will only suite the horizontal menu format. the vertical will simply not work. what i would like to happen, when someone installs the build, that the default menu, will be horizontal and not vertical.

is there a way to change this setting via the xml code? i know you can do it via the settings screen, but i will be disabling that option and only have the menu bar in the horizontal view.

thanks
(2016-07-15, 11:22)oldgit9 Wrote: can someone please help me. im a bit of a noob when it comes to .xml code and i would appreciate the help.

basically, im making my own build and i am using cirrus extended as the skin. mainly coz i like it and im sick and tired of all the nox builds.

my issue is, my build will only suite the horizontal menu format. the vertical will simply not work. what i would like to happen, when someone installs the build, that the default menu, will be horizontal and not vertical.

is there a way to change this setting via the xml code? i know you can do it via the settings screen, but i will be disabling that option and only have the menu bar in the horizontal view.

thanks

This isn't just a simple setting. Most of what you are looking for is in the files like Home.xml, IncludesHomeXXX.xml. The default state (ie: no option toggled on Home) is Leftlist. Picking the option of Horizontal Home informs the skin to switch from its default state to the selected state, Lower Horizontal requires the Horizontal state to be selected first (thusly you cannot jump immediately from Leftlist to Lower Horizontal without enabling Horizontal first). You'd need to reorganise / change the order of the states which will appear as conditions in various include and visible tags in the XML files to achieve this.

If you're not familiar with XML and skin editing then it may be beyond your grasp currently, however, if you're looking to just jump right in and get your hands dirty, you picked a good place to start. Tongue
thanks for the reply...can i PM Huh
(2016-07-16, 16:45)oldgit9 Wrote: thanks for the reply...can i PM Huh

You don't need to ask to PM. Tongue
It's only polite to ask first WinkBig Grin
(2016-07-17, 07:44)oldgit9 Wrote: It's only polite to ask first WinkBig Grin

Heh! True, true. Smile
I would do this by setting on load in Startup.xml the setting to for the horizontal menu.

Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(horzHomeMenu)</onload>
(2016-07-18, 13:03)paradix Wrote: I would do this by setting on load in Startup.xml the setting to for the horizontal menu.

Code:

thank you Paradix...i will give it a go...much appriciated Nod
(2016-07-18, 13:03)paradix Wrote: I would do this by setting on load in Startup.xml the setting to for the horizontal menu.

Code:

sorry for the delay with my reply...had family stuff to sort out.

i have tried what you have suggested, but i still can get it work Confused

i've attached a link to a screenshot of what ive done. is where ive placed the code correct?

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=...sVazzsyk9V
looks right what you did, and it works for me.

After I start kodi the skin has the horizontal menu.
sorry for the latte reply...i honestly thought i did reply.

yes it did work....it was just me being dumb and not restarting kodi

thanks for your help and support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable vertical menu on install?0