• 22(current)
Comskip for Linux released
I m try to use comskip , running TVHeadend from Dierkse repo.

Comskip runs ok but i just get a txt file no edl
Any suggestions. Recording in mkv

Thanks
Comskip files are just '.txt' files. You can modify your comskip.ini to output edl files in addition to or instead of the comskip.txt file. However, if you leave the comskip-generated .txt file next to the video file, when you request playback in Kodi from pvr.hts, it will be used.
(2016-07-24, 18:49)rpcameron Wrote: Comskip files are just '.txt' files. You can modify your comskip.ini to output edl files in addition to or instead of the comskip.txt file. However, if you leave the comskip-generated .txt file next to the video file, when you request playback in Kodi from pvr.hts, it will be used.

Thanks I thought it have to be edl. I have output edl to 1 .But if it works with txt fine.Will try later thanks
(2016-02-06, 22:01)schumi2004 Wrote: You need to use full path to start/launch it, mostly

/volume1/@appstore/tvheadend testing/bin/comskip

On spksrc wiki I created a topic that should help you

Hi!

Ok I'm being dumb here, but where do I put the path in?
Or do I need the additional script tvheadend-pp.sh http://pastebin.com/bd2BWceh and put it in the post process box?

Cheers!
Hi all,

just bringing this old thread back up. Does anyone have an at least somewhat recent version compiled for the Raspberry Pi 2 (or 3) that runs on Debian?

I have a build from the Openelec forum running, but that one is kind of ancient. Sad

Since I'm not familiar with compiling myself, a ready build file or instructions on how to compile would be greatly appreciated! Smile
I am trying to use the bundled comskip which I see under the bin of tvheadend but how do I use the thing. When I try to run the command comskip I get a command unknown? I have hopped around and see the commands but can't run comskip. Yes, I am a noob.
Your Tvheadend "bin" directory is most likely not in your $PATH. You need to use the full path name when you call the binary.
(2017-06-06, 15:54)rpcameron Wrote: Your Tvheadend "bin" directory is most likely not in your $PATH. You need to use the full path name when you call the binary.
Yes full PATH should do it or package maintainer should add it in PATH for future releases.
Crap, you even posted that above. I don't know how that didn't make sense to me. Thanks!
Is there a way to run through an entire directory of .ts files? It worked great on the test episode.

I am assuming this is then setup via tvheadend to execute via a post processing command? Any examples?
(2017-06-06, 18:24)Shermer321 Wrote: Is there a way to run through an entire directory of .ts files? It worked great on the test episode.

I am assuming this is then setup via tvheadend to execute via a post processing command? Any examples?

Code:
for f in *.ts
do
  comskip [options] $f
done
(2017-06-06, 18:24)Shermer321 Wrote: Is there a way to run through an entire directory of .ts files? It worked great on the test episode.

More useful information here :
https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/wiki/Comskip
Got'er all figured out. Thanks for all the help!
I lied, one last issue. Using the script you linked above, I put the file path to the show in quotes but it still splits it going into the script. For example the show impractical jokers is impractical.ts
For example

CMD: /var/packages/tvheadend-testing/target/Recordings/commercials/commercials.sh ""/var/packages/tvheadend-testing/target/Recordings/American Pickers/S01E05.ts""

RESPONSE: /var/packages/tvheadend-testing/target/Recordings/American: Can not open file

With the above command in single quotes i get a reply of

RESPONSE: /var/packages/tvheadend-testing/target/Recordings/commercials/commercials.sh "/var/packages/tvheadend-testing/target/Recordings/American Housewife/S01E05.ts"
/usr/bin/basename: extra operand ‘.mkv’
Try '/usr/bin/basename --help' for more information.
Comskip 0.81.089, made using ffmpeg
Donator build
No such file or directory - could not create file Housewife/S01E05.ts/American.txt

So it is the BASENAME that is screwing it up.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip for Linux released6