Vbox UK EPG?
Approved by who for what??

Download it from the web site given in my post.
When you sign up for Schedules Direct, they ask you to state which of their approved software you will be using. Mc2xml doesn't appear to be on the list, so I wondered if that was going to cause a problem.
Sorry it’s been a while since I signed up for SD.

It does not matter which app, but your going to be using the JSON output therefore select NextPVR.

Also for the moment go for the 7 day free trial.

Ian
I am looking for some guidance. I have my Vbox with UK satellite tuner. As expected, the default epg just gives now and next. As a learning experiment, I have obtained a test TV guide in xml format from Bleb TV with just 3 channels covering a few current days. I have this on my NAS drive

In Vbox, when I set it to get the epg from an XML file and point it at the XML file on the NAS drive, it plainly doesn't like it. In spite of actually displaying the file name on the NAS, it says it can't find the file

Switching to Kodi, in the Vbox Add On, I set the epg to point at the xml file on the NAS drive and set to take the epg from this rather than OTA. The epg on Kodi continues to show now and next

Adding the Kodi TV Guide Add On, and pointing this at my XML file, BINGO. It displays the data correctly but there is no option to set to record a future programme from this guide.

I added the beta Add On TV Guide Full Screen, and likewise it displays my XML epg correctly, but again there appears to be no way to set a future recording

Any advice?

Tom
@Branksome

Please provide some more information:

1. on Your VBOX, specifically the Board and Software information

2. for the Bleb TV xml data the first 10 or so lines of the xml file

Mike
(2016-09-10, 21:55)MikeB2013 Wrote: @Branksome

Please provide some more information:

1. on Your VBOX, specifically the Board and Software information

2. for the Bleb TV xml data the first 10 or so lines of the xml file

Mike

My Vbox model is XTi 3334 4 tuner unicable but temporarily limited to 1 legacy input

SW 2.54

First few lines of XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
<tv source-info-url="http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings" generator-info-name="bleb2xmltv">
<channel id="bbc1_hd">
<display-name>BBC 1 HD</display-name>
<icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/icon/tv/bb/bbc1_hd.gif"/

Tom
@Branksome

Your NAS xml file issue is probably permissions on the NAS. I have checked on my own Vbox (hardware 3442, software XTI_VJ.2.54.2) using a bleb xml file on my Ubuntu 16.04 system with nfts mounts, nfs mounts and webserver as locations for the bleb xml file with no issues with Vbox in finding the xml file (I am seeing an xml import issue on certain HD channels, but my Vbox is DVB/T/T2 i.e. UK Freeview). The bleb xml file I used is only 4.5M so import into Vbox should not be a problem.

Did you use the Vbox Network Wizard or the manual input to specify the bleb xml file (the manual method allows user and password to be set). It is possible that the NAS shows the file, but will not allow it to be read.

Mike
(2016-09-12, 14:14)MikeB2013 Wrote: @Branksome

Did you use the Vbox Network Wizard or the manual input to specify the bleb xml file (the manual method allows user and password to be set). It is possible that the NAS shows the file, but will not allow it to be read.

Mike

Thanks Mike. That was a good suggestion. Unfortunately, having tried it, I am still getting File Not Found. I will need to do some more experiments

Tom
Branksome: This might sound strange but I had the same problem when using IE or Edge browsers to set the path (manual or Wizard). Switching to Chrome or Firefox to set the path worked for me.
(2016-09-14, 07:15)JM62 Wrote: Branksome: This might sound strange but I had the same problem when using IE or Edge browsers to set the path (manual or Wizard). Switching to Chrome or Firefox to set the path worked for me.

JM62: That rang a bell. I now remember that I had a similar problem with IE performing certain actions on my Z-Wave Home Automation controller. Switching to Firefox for that action worked. As it happens, I have deleted the XML file and am now looking at an alternative source to create an XML file but I will try a different browser if the same problem is still there

Tom
Branksome: For EPG I am using WebGrab+Plus with the tvguide.co.uk plugin (I'm in the UK but there are plugins available for many more sites). I have TV channel icons loaded in a separate folder and so use that as the source for them. I have this working well with both VBox TV Gateway PVR Client and PVR IPTV Simple Client. Currently just using the PVR IPTV Simple Client due to the slow loading of channels mentioned in another post with the VBox TV Gateway PVR Client.

It also works well when used directly with the VBox EPG import but channel matching to +1 channels doesn't work (I have the v2.54 firmware on the VBox). Again works best using Chrome or FireFox!
JM62: Thanks for that. I am also in the UK so I will look at WebGrab+Plus with the tvguide.co.uk plugin over the weekend.
Branksome: I'm happy to share my WebGrab+Plus config file for tvguide.co.uk and channel icons. If you'd like them please PM me with your email address.
JM62: That's kind of you. I have sent you my email address.
Branksome: On the way to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vbox UK EPG?0