• 53(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2016-10-07, 08:25)sylvio2000 Wrote: Is it possible to use LazyTV with upnp?

I dont know.

LazyTV uses the data stored in the Kodi database accessed via an API. Does upnp by-pass the kodi DB?
(2016-10-05, 06:22)verona77 Wrote: (1) if I cannot play a Smart Playlist of only movies through LazyTV, are the developers of LazyTV willing to consider adding that feature? (2) if LazyTV will never support this, is there any way I could code Kodi to start every movie in a Smart Playlist at a random start point like LazyTV does?

It sounds like you want a specific addon to do what you want. That would be a great beginner project for someone.

Head over to the Addon Requests sub-forum, someone might build it for you.
I recently bumped into LazyTV in trying to search for a "Next episode" for my TV library. I set up LazyTV so it could create a list, and the addon created the list almost perfectly, very relevant to what I wanted.

My problem is with the playlist created not completely updating. While it seems to work well as long as I go straight to the LazyTV add-on to look up the next episode list, it doesn't update well with the playlist it created under VIDEOS>Playlist>LazyTV

The playlist will show recent episodes and new episodes available as it should. However, it will not mark the show in my library as "watched", so I have to manually mark it watched. But even more annoying to me, the list will not removed the watched episode from the list, and in turn, it will keep the said episode on the list. This prevents for the next episode from a specific TV Series to show up, or be out of the list if said watched episode is the last one. Again, this is from the playlist created and available through Videos>Playlist>LazyTV

If I go to Program Addon>LazyTV, it works as it should. Any help to fix the playlist so it updates automatically? Thanks!
(2016-10-08, 10:47)Karnagious Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 06:22)verona77 Wrote: (1) if I cannot play a Smart Playlist of only movies through LazyTV, are the developers of LazyTV willing to consider adding that feature? (2) if LazyTV will never support this, is there any way I could code Kodi to start every movie in a Smart Playlist at a random start point like LazyTV does?

It sounds like you want a specific addon to do what you want. That would be a great beginner project for someone.

Head over to the Addon Requests sub-forum, someone might build it for you.

I think this might be even simpler than that. I have been using smart playlists with very specific settings to generate random movie playlists. Some were based on genre (like comedy or western) others were based on Studios (like Disney). I used rules such as "not played in the last 6 months" and limited the playlist to an acceptable number of movies (from 1 to unlimited). The only development needed would be for the Kodi devs to simplify the smartplaylist menu for noobs. (That, and they need to include an option to PLAY the media in a smart playlist, not just show it.)

*note: I have an edit for the favorites list to play smartplaylists, but I have sadly lost my cheat sheet on it. It had something to do with changing a line that says to open the playlist, to tell Kodi to play the media from the list. If I figure it out again, I'll be sure to share it somehow.*

However... this does raise an issue that could be really cool for LazyTV. People like using LazyTV as a personalized TV station... kinda like PTVL but without the long wait to build channels (some of us have shamefully large libraries) ... the only thing missing to make me give up on PTVL is if LazyTV had more selective options for including movies in a LazyTV playlist.

For instance, I have a clone that I call "Bazinga" ... it's full of nerdy TV shows that I can't live without; Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, etc... if I could not only allow movies to be played, but also limit those movies to genres, studios, or even to individual selection.
(yes, I would take the time to select every individual Scifi/Fantasy movie in my collection as a candidate, If it would make the random playlist even more awesome)

This would be kind of like the manual selection in LazyTV for tv shows... but for movies. Big Grin
Not to hog the thread, but Karnagious, I have a few ideas that I would like to pitch to you. I tried to direct message you but I guess I don't have that privilege in this forum... So here goes:

1) Make Icons selectable for clones.
If you create a number of clones, you end up with a bunch of identical icons. I like to replace them in the addon folder. Before I can use the clones, I close Kodi, then I replace the original icon.png with my own custom one. Then, when open Kodi again, and the clone populates, it has a unique image that even my kids can recognize as "Cartoons" or "Daddy's boring documentaries"

2) As mentioned in my earlier post, I would love to be able to match the movies that play in a clone to the type of shows that are selected. My use of LazyTV is exclusively "Create and Launch playlist" ... adding the same functionality to movies that you already have for TV shows would put the ultimate "Lazy" in LazyTV

3) I was going to say something about smart playlists, but that has nothing to do with LazyTV... except that you'll have rendered smart playlists pointless... which you mostly have done anyway. Good Job!
(2016-09-28, 14:55)nadelius Wrote: Nevermind, it appears that you have to dig in a little deeper into the program addons and enable clones. Perhaps this can be remedied automatically in the future?

It's in a very obscure menu location now... pretty inconvenient to find.

I'm running 17 Beta 6 and have been searching how to enable my cloned LazyTV but I can't seem to find it.
Could you maybe tell how you did that?
Sooo I have a little bit of an issue and no idea where to post it. If this is not the place: stop reading and tell me where to post issues, otherwise, here goes:

The add-on doesn't automatically play the next episode after I've finished watching the first unwatched one. I believe that I've tried every possible combination of "Prompt to watch next available episode" and "Create and maintain smart playlist" in the LazyTV settings, and the "Play next video automatically" in Kodi's global Settings->Player.

It used to work perfectly on my last laptop, when I ran v16.1, but on my new one (the one I'm using now) I've installed the Windows Store App, which is the v17 release candidate.

I have no idea what to do now. Also, if it is of any use: I'm using the Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks

EDIT: The problem was that I had another add-on on my previous laptop but not on this one. It's called "Nextup Service Notification". Brilliant addition to LazyTV: start the first unwatched episode with LazyTV and keep playing the rest with Nextup Service Notification.
@Karnagious:
I love your plugin and have been using it for many years.
In my installation I have 2 instances of the LazyTV script. One is to start a TV show playlist of 5 unwatched TV episodes. This is a great way to watch my backlog and works fantastic.
The other instance is to start a random unwatched movie, there are only 2 options missing from that to make it fantastic Smile
  • With TV shows you have the ability to select them from a Playlist, that is not possible with movies
  • When starting an unwatched movie it would be great if it would select the first unwatched movie from a set and not for instance the last one
would it be possible to let the list interfaces to be a bit more transparent? Except for the description boxes and important stuff.
Right now it's all kind of too black which is a little dull to be honest.
Also, would you think it would be able to have lazytv prepare a playlist on ''run'' and then actually starting the prompt for the first episode and then play it?(or not play it, user preference)

btw i pressed the ''send email'' buttonSmile
thanks for your addon!
(2016-12-18, 13:17)Rouzax Wrote:
(2016-09-28, 14:55)nadelius Wrote: Nevermind, it appears that you have to dig in a little deeper into the program addons and enable clones. Perhaps this can be remedied automatically in the future?

It's in a very obscure menu location now... pretty inconvenient to find.

I'm running 17 Beta 6 and have been searching how to enable my cloned LazyTV but I can't seem to find it.
Could you maybe tell how you did that?

Oh, that was an earlier beta. I had issues with the way it installs via the Windows store (specifically, I couldn't stand where it buried the kodi userdata files) so I reverted to Jarvis for the time.

Sorry I can't help by telling you exactly where I found it... I remember it was only a matter of browsing around the menus under add-ons, when I found them listed I right-clicked, or opened the settings or info dialogue (not sure which), and it allowed me to enable it.

Again, sorry I can't tell you "click here, select that... etc."
I though I would have been able to use to select a tv series and it will randomly start playing episodes. Like a 24/7 TV selection of Big Bang Theory, Modern family, etc. But, it is only giving me the newest/latest episodes.

Is there an addon out there that exists of what I am wanting to achieve? I've played with playlists, but certain skins do not handle them all the same, sometimes it'll stop whereas I want it to play the next RANDOM ep automatically.
Hi, I love lazy.tv, however from the first 17RC I've ran into a problem that Lazy.tv only plays tv shows and no movies.

I used to get a random unwatched movie OR episode by running lazy.tv, but for the last months it only serves episodes, no movies.

I tried forcing lazy.tv to play a movie by chosing Player Options\Ignore TV showhs (movies only), but then no playlist is created.

"Include unwatched movies" is checked, though the same happens when choosing "include unwatched movies". So it seems lay.tv will no longer include any movies.
The library is built from scratch after upgrading Kodi. Creating a randomied smart playlist of unwatched movies in kodi plays well, so the movies are in the library.

Does anyone have a solution for this? All I want is to play an unwatched episode OR movie Smile
Hey Karnagious..
Wow, I just love this.
I'm relatively new to Kodi and use PlexKodiConnect . Having just spent a couple of days messing with smart playlists (without much success) to try and emulate Plex "On Deck" I achieved it in about 5 minutes with lazy.tv

Amazing stuff. Smile
Is it possible to use it only with movie on an nfs file share, and from a smartaylist ?
I would love if there were an option to "Include watched episodes" in addition to unwatched, just like the option to include watched movies. I usually just put LazyTV on in the background and I never use it to catch up on unwatched tv. As it is, I have to mark a show as unwatched manually if I want to see those episodes again. LazyTV is truly great and this feature would make it perfect.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4