• 118(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
I use Kodi Krypton beta 3, and similar artists work fine for me, using MQ7.

And have albums artist too

Thanks pkscout, work great for me.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-10-10, 20:37)Lockos Wrote: What I do know is that i recently switched to krypton and to the krypton version of Madnox, so maybe it is skin related !

Anyway, since you asked, here's my log : http://gofile.me/2Xkrq/mVrkE4Wdn

I need the debug logging in AS enabled too (it's in the advanced settings for AS).
(2016-10-11, 02:31)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 20:37)Lockos Wrote: What I do know is that i recently switched to krypton and to the krypton version of Madnox, so maybe it is skin related !

I need the debug logging in AS enabled too (it's in the advanced settings for AS).

Sorry it took me so long !
Here's a new log with debug activated in AS too !
Hope you can help, anyway thanks !

Debug Log
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Hi @pkscout,
Can you add Property count for Similar Artists and Albums by the artist.
JB
(2016-11-04, 13:59)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi @pkscout,
JB

Why yes, yes I can. 2.04~beta1 is on my GitHub repo:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow

It adds ArtistSlideshow.SimilarCount and ArtistSlideshow.AlbumCount. Both are strings. Both will be empty by default and have the string representation of an integer if there were similar artists or albums returned.

See if that does what you want. If it does, I'll push the beta out to my repo for a little testing.
im only getting two fanart images per artist - I have confirmed this by deleting all the folders and seeing what gets downloaded back into them - is there a limit setting or something I have done?
(2016-11-05, 03:04)ajerazzor Wrote: im only getting two fanart images per artist - I have confirmed this by deleting all the folders and seeing what gets downloaded back into them - is there a limit setting or something I have done?

AS sets no limit. If you're using theaudiodb.com, they often only have a couple of images. If you're using fanart.tv (you have to have the MusicBrainz Artist ID in your music tags for this service to work), then the usually have more. I'd suggest you manually compare your results with the providers you've enabled.
(2016-11-05, 03:16)pkscout Wrote: AS sets no limit. If you're using theaudiodb.com, they often only have a couple of images. If you're using fanart.tv (you have to have the MusicBrainz Artist ID in your music tags for this service to work), then the usually have more. I'd suggest you manually compare your results with the providers you've enabled.

Looks like that has done it for some artists - i also had to stop using Audio DB as it seemed to use that and nothing else.

I have a few other questions:

Some artists it finds nothing yet the muzicbrainz artist ID is on the file correctly: for example the artist Dido

https://fanart.tv/artist/d1353a0c-26fb-4...c9ad/dido/

the ID is on all the songs (via PiCard) yet there is no art.
Pink is another artist with no art
yet Katy Perry - all art has downloaded perfectly

Is there a need to have an API key?

is there a way to automate the musicbrainz ID tagging process if I add more music to my library?
Thanks
(2016-11-05, 02:59)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 13:59)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi @pkscout,
JB

Why yes, yes I can. 2.04~beta1 is on my GitHub repo:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow

It adds ArtistSlideshow.SimilarCount and ArtistSlideshow.AlbumCount. Both are strings. Both will be empty by default and have the string representation of an integer if there were similar artists or albums returned.

See if that does what you want. If it does, I'll push the beta out to my repo for a little testing.

Hi @pkscout,
thank you for extra property!
Many artist have CDs without cover. There is "AlbumName" and NULL for "AlbumThumb".
Can you add Property count for AlbumThumb and SimilarThumb - the number of existing graphics.
(2016-11-05, 05:29)ajerazzor Wrote: Some artists it finds nothing yet the muzicbrainz artist ID is on the file correctly: for example the artist Dido

https://fanart.tv/artist/d1353a0c-26fb-4...c9ad/dido/

the ID is on all the songs (via PiCard) yet there is no art.
Pink is another artist with no art
yet Katy Perry - all art has downloaded perfectly

I'd have to see a debug log to help with that. If you submit a link to a log, make sure you've enabled debug logging in Kodi AND in the advanced settings in AS.

One thing I will say is that the artist Pink is properly spelled P!nk. That might not matter if you have the right MusicBrainz ID.

Quote:Is there a need to have an API key?

No, but a personal API key will get you newer results more quickly. For details on what the personal API gets you, see:

https://fanart.tv/2015/01/personal-api-keys/

If you are going to get images from fanart.tv, please please please please please consider donating to them to help with expenses.

Quote:is there a way to automate the musicbrainz ID tagging process if I add more music to my library?

I've not found any automated way. I use MusicBrainz Picard and send 5 minutes tagging my new music before I import it.
(2016-11-07, 09:31)JohnyBee Wrote: Many artist have CDs without cover. There is "AlbumName" and NULL for "AlbumThumb".
Can you add Property count for AlbumThumb and SimilarThumb - the number of existing graphics.

I see a way I could, but it requires another set of logic gates, and I'm not thrilled with the complexity it introduces. What's the use case where having the total number of album or similar images will actually help you? It's not like knowing the counts are different will tell you which ones don't have images, so you kind of have to test for the existence of the image URL for each one anyway.

I'm not unwilling to do this, I just want to make sure it's solving an actual problem.
(2016-11-08, 02:31)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 09:31)JohnyBee Wrote: Many artist have CDs without cover. There is "AlbumName" and NULL for "AlbumThumb".

I see a way I could, but it requires another set of logic gates, and I'm not thrilled with the complexity it introduces. What's the use case where having the total number of album or similar images will actually help you? It's not like knowing the counts are different will tell you which ones don't have images, so you kind of have to test for the existence of the image URL for each one anyway.

I'm not unwilling to do this, I just want to make sure it's solving an actual problem.

I want in skin display list of albums covers or similar artists only if for specific artist there are at least one graphic for albums or similar. Actually I checking first element of the list ArtistSlodeshow.1 SimilarThumb or ArtistSlideshow.1.Album Thumb doas it has graphic to display the list. However first elemets can be empty (there is no graphic for forst album) but graphic can be in the next places. I need information, there is or not at least one graphic. If I can know the number of graphic, it will be great.
Hi pkscout,
Will be ArtistSlideshow working with Fanart.tv for radio streams?
Previous versions has got possibility:
- to download artist name from title of played track.
- to download from musicbrainz.org artist ID
- to create file musicbrainz.nfo from artist ID
- download images from fanart.tv for playing artist from straming

Since version 2.0.0 is:
- removed remote MusicBrainz lookup, MBID must now be in Kodi
Sorry, my fault ;-)
Hi pkscout !

Any news on this ?

(2016-10-17, 11:13)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:31)pkscout Wrote:

Sorry it took me so long !
Here's a new log with debug activated in AS too !
Hope you can help, anyway thanks !

Debug Log
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5