• 30(current)
Mod CarPC-touch
I am just starting out trying to figure out skinning... I tried several I found to download on my Android with Jarvis and they failed. I thought the one said it was working but when I went to download it the dropbox link was broken. I have a Samsung Tablet, and found an awesome offline GPS app. I have tried several skins and none are simple to use in the car (buttons too small, writing too small)

I was originally trying the CarPc with the Pi but the screens I got sucked and were too unresponsive. Came across the tablet for a little more than the Pi kit was, so changed gears...

I wanted the similar main interface as the CarPc one, but the GPS trigger my app, maybe within KODI so I can still listen to music, and the music player be similar to the Video player but larger buttons and a next folder button added.. I was also thinking of using the FM radio in the tablet as well. (depending on the antenna sensitivity while in the car)
this is what ive done to the skin

That is awesome!
ill do a video so you can see it in action
Hi
Where i can find that skins?
i created the new updated version it, later ill take a video of it in action
i added netflix icon youtube icon,favorites bar media bar
Wink 
(2016-12-24, 23:04)1milenia Wrote: i created the new updated version it, later ill take a video of it in action
i added netflix icon youtube icon,favorites bar media bar

1milenia,
Is there any way in your heart that you can share this nicely modded skin.
Can you upload a link to it for download, pleaseHuh

I would like to try this skin if possible.

Thanks
no problem i just have to change the lexus logo in thw top left corner to a differeant image for you guys any suggestions would be welcome ,so everyone can use it.

For the media button to work you must download mx player from the store and google maps for navigation
Thumbs Up 
Thanks a bunch.
Lookin' forward. Smile
As far as a suggestion for logo, I don't know. Maybe the Kodi logo again?
Hello,

Where I can download this skin for my android?

Best regards,
FreezIce.
Hello,

I'm using this skin in Kodi on Android (super convenient, can't find any other skin for Android that match to CarPC-touch), but unfortunately subtitles aren't working. Frogi16 wrote about it in the past and according to DarkerStars some script is missing.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?
I tried this on a pi3 ... anyone get this to work ... all i get is a rainbow screen after sudo reboot followed the beginners tutorial (could not overclock my pi) got a message ... this pi can not be overclocked

OS is Rasbian Pixel when i went to downloads
i have a rpi 3 with oficial rpi 7" touch screen running openelec and kodi 16.1 installed as car stereo.
I have been trying to install this skin for weeks on different OSes and only now found openelec that responds well with my touch screen
with this distro I do not have console available to me and I cant get it to install via addons and zip file when I try this I get the message
Dependency on xbmx.gui version 5.3.0 could not be satisfied.
this is by far the best skin I have seen for use in a car as the buttons are very well sized and file lists are easy to read.

I had it running via raspbian and kodi install as per authors instructions but the touch screen was unresponsive which was mainly a kodi problem not the skin
any help would be appreciated.
Well guys, I think it might be time to call it quits. I have my mod of CarPC Touch completed and running flawless. But messing with Etouchy now that Kodi won't Not stop updating itself to 17 gave me some new idea's for a new Skin. However I'm going to attempt to use the Samsung TouchWiz mod I developped for the Galaxy Tab S with Kodi. So I'm going to extract ETouchy and start tweeking it. As soon as I can figure out how to turn off Immersive Mode.
Don't know if I have this in the right section, but can anyone help with an issue I'm having? I building my carpc and in order to install my ups pico power supply I need to run some commands but I can't type? Keyboard works but only for shortcuts I guess? Hitting the "s" key opens a shutdown menu? I've been messing with it for hours and I can't get anything to work. To the point where now I can't even get back to rasbian. When I open navit I can't do anything in the gbs screen except exit back to the carpc menu. Any ideas?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CarPC-touch2