HDHomerun terrible performance
Yes. I just read the whole thread. I seem to be overlooking the device you are attempting to use because I don't see any mention of it.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-12-18, 18:06)bry Wrote: Yes. I just read the whole thread. I seem to be overlooking the device you are attempting to use because I don't see any mention of it.

HDHomerun EXTEND - 2 tuner model
No. To view the HDHomeRun on
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-12-18, 18:53)bry Wrote: No. To view the HDHomeRun on

It's a home theater PC...an i5 quad I believe, GeForce GTX 750, 8GB of RAM, Win7
Sorry to say. Everything is telling me it's a bandwidth issue. Only way to tell is with an ethernet cable or a powerline adapter if you are not willing to relocate to test.

IMPORTANT:
(2016-12-18, 19:06)bry Wrote: Sorry to say. Everything is telling me it's a bandwidth issue. Only way to tell is with an ethernet cable or a powerline adapter if you are not willing to relocate to test.

Uh huh. That's why it streams seamlessly to my HDHomerun VIEW app...gtfo
Dunno if this is related to the OP's issue or not, but on certain live TV channels my R-Pi constantly buffers if sync playback to display is turned on. Most channels work fine, it is only a few that have this issue.

Might be worth checking those settings. Might also be worth getting a debug log (wiki) showing the issue Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-12-18, 19:17)snafu7x7 Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 19:06)bry Wrote: Sorry to say. Everything is telling me it's a bandwidth issue. Only way to tell is with an ethernet cable or a powerline adapter if you are not willing to relocate to test.

you still have yet to provide a debug log, told a team member to 'get the fuck out'.

4 team members have responded in hopes of helping you.

maybe you need a break from the forums for a while.
(2016-12-18, 19:42)bry Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 19:17)snafu7x7 Wrote:

you still have yet to provide a debug log, told a team member to 'get the fuck out'.

4 team members have responded in hopes of helping you.

maybe you need a break from the forums for a while.

Well lets review shall we?

1)You don't read any of the previous posts because you ask questions already answered.

2)You refuse to even consider the possibility that your plugin is at fault, preferring instead to blame my wifi (that ironically streams everything else including HDHomerun seamlessly over the VIEW app).

3)You're arrogant and unhelpful

Yeah I'd say that qualifies you for a "gtfo", so why don't you? Not interested in your brand of 'help', so run along, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
(2016-12-18, 19:35)black_eagle Wrote: Dunno if this is related to the OP's issue or not, but on certain live TV channels my R-Pi constantly buffers if sync playback to display is turned on. Most channels work fine, it is only a few that have this issue.

Might be worth checking those settings. Might also be worth getting a debug log (wiki) showing the issue Wink

OK thanks I'll check that.

There's nothing in the debug log except a few Warning messages because I have misnamed content that it can't map. Nothing about the plugin fails to launch or initialize, it just performs really poorly for some reason.
A full debug log will say what is going wrong - can't really see why you don't want to post one, especially since several team members have offered to take a look at it for you. Odd.
We'll let this one cool off, hopefully he'll come back with a better attitude toward people trying to help him.

There's a lesson here folks: always link to a debug log (wiki) when you have a problem.
I'll echo back the other posts, but this does indeed seem to be a bandwidth issue. You are using an extend, which generally means MPEG2, therefore a big feed.

Have you got this working with the HDHR View app outside of Kodi. The Windows app needs VLC or some other software installed first to get the necessary codecs (Windows does not ship with MPEG2 codecs) before it will work. But, in order to narrow this down to a problem with Kodi or with HDHR View, you should see if it works outside of Kodi.

Again, I will also repeat my previous comment of seeking help at SiliconDust's forums. This forum is specifically for the HDHR PVR Client, which is a completely different piece of software from the video addon you are having trouble with.

It would also be quite helpful if you would post a debug log, so those trying to help will be able to offer sound suggestions rather than just guesses based upon assumptions.
Thanks rpcameron for your suggestions!
We have had to give the guy a temporary cooldown period from the forum. Perhaps he'll read your message and understand that help is usually not gotten without a bit of a friendly attitude towards the people trying to assist.
I had this exact same issue (live TV stuttering, dropping, etc.) on the latest firmware, 20161119, and beta view app. I solved it by purchasing the latest HDHomerun Extend (HDTC-2US-M).

I previously had a HDTC-2US. I also have an Asus AC1900p router which is in the RT-AC68U family. Figured this out because viewing was absolutely perfect on my kodi htpc which was on ethernet, but all wifi devices were stuttering (phones, FireTV). Turns out the HDTC-2US can stream HD over A/C wifi, but not over N. The HDTC-2US-M can stream HD over N. I wasn't going to put my router in A/C mode so I went with the upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun terrible performance0