• 7(current)
Cron for Kodi - Support Thread (formally CronXBMC)
Would also like to know how to delete cron jobs. I've got one with a typo. Can't edit or delete it from within the addon.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-12-06, 01:12)wgstarks Wrote: Would also like to know how to delete cron jobs. I've got one with a typo. Can't edit or delete it from within the addon.
me neither!!!
(2016-12-26, 16:41)kirkydman Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 01:12)wgstarks Wrote: Would also like to know how to delete cron jobs. I've got one with a typo. Can't edit or delete it from within the addon.
me neither!!!
the only way ive found is to go into addon data and look for service.cronxbmc
(2012-03-09, 23:12)robweber Wrote: I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Three days and over 100 views later no one seems interested in this type of idea; even after all the "how to automate" type requests that seem to pop up in the forum.

I'm posting a link to what I have coded so far. Hopefully someone will stumble on this and have the know-how to finish up the GUI portion and make it user friendly. As of right now (as reported above) you can certainly add your timers manually via the cron.xml file and view them in the Programs area of XBMC. I added a nextRun() function that will figure out how long until the next run time - may be useful for the GUI or some pop-up notifications.

If anyone is seeing this for the first time and finds it interesting I'd be happy to collaborate on making it better. If downloading - view the README document for information on how to setup the cron.xml file with the correct formatting.
Brilliant little script, how do you edit the jobs tho? Cheers
I think I'll stick with just editing cron.xml for now. This script crashes my system on exit and no way to edit cron jobs. Nice script though. Looks like it just needs a little upkeep.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Just as an update to this here is the current status of the GUI portion (related to not being able to select or delete jobs correctly) - https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc/issues/4

I've messed with this as much as I can but GUI programming is just not my strong suit. The original was made for like pre-Kodi builds so it's quite old at this point. Editing the cron.xml file manually works just fine. It's in the addon_data folder for the addon. Check here to see where that is on your system: http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata

If anyone wants to take a shot at updating the GUI that is probably the best bet to get this fixed. I don't think it would be too hard but most of the original GUI code would have to go. I wonder if using built in dialogs would be easier than all the custom skin files?
Got a little fed up with the limited GUI functionality myself and ripped it all apart this morning. Anyone interested pull the new version from the repo and try it out. Not quite as pretty as the old one as I tried to use built in Kodi elements rather than skin something custom.

https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc
(2017-01-08, 23:53)robweber Wrote: Got a little fed up with the limited GUI functionality myself and ripped it all apart this morning. Anyone interested pull the new version from the repo and try it out. Not quite as pretty as the old one as I tried to use built in Kodi elements rather than skin something custom.

Good news. I'll give it a shot later this week as soon as I get a little free time.
Hi Guys!

I not able to start the service after cron installation...Still getting an error :/ I have searched for solution on many threads but without a luck... Hopefully You will be able to help me Smile

Log below:

Code:
19:57:09.402 T:6092  NOTICE: service.cronxbmc-0.0.6 : Cron for Kodi service starting....
19:57:09.420 T:6092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'makedir'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.cronxbmc\service.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                CronService().runProgram()
                                              File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.cronxbmc\resources\lib\cron.py", line 155, in __init__
                                                self.manager = CronManager()
                                              File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.cronxbmc\resources\lib\cron.py", line 22, in __init__
                                                self.jobs = self._readCronFile()
                                              File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.cronxbmc\resources\lib\cron.py", line 93, in _readCronFile
                                                xbmcvfs.makedir(xbmc.translatePath(utils.data_dir()))
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'makedir'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Kodi 17.1-RC1 Git:20170223-1a80820 / Win7
Looks like you found a bug - https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc/issues/11

Mistake in typing by me. The function is "mkdir" not "makedir". I'll fix and push the update.
Thanks, now it's working! Smile but... I running OSMC (latest version) on Raspberry Pie 3 and I have a problem. When I try cron to run in front of tv it is OK but when I leave device for a night cron (e.g. reset) do not work after few hours of device standby... :/ Any guess?
Hello. As it should be for the command: "plugin://plugin.video.stream-cinema/?action=6164642d746f2d6c6962&id=6d6f76696573&title=243330393031"", which I want to perform every hour Huh? thnx
(2017-01-08, 23:53)robweber Wrote: Got a little fed up with the limited GUI functionality myself and ripped it all apart this morning. Anyone interested pull the new version from the repo and try it out. Not quite as pretty as the old one as I tried to use built in Kodi elements rather than skin something custom.

My only suggestion would be to allow deleting of jobs from the GUI. While learning cron expressions with your add-on I made some mistakes that would cause it to crash and I would have to run adbLink to delete the cron.xml so I could stat over. Otherwise, it's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
You can delete the job. If I recall you bring up the context menu on the highlighted job and click "delete".
Great plugin.
Yet absolutely no foolproof on cron expression input. I've crushed the plugin and made in unstartable when set cron to 8 digits, (not 5-6). Please, add try catch.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cron for Kodi - Support Thread (formally CronXBMC)1