• 43(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
@klaymen: I think it will take some time before Kodi recognizes the update on the repo.
Any with my beta repo I indeed mean my private repo, so you're all set.
(2016-12-28, 12:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-27, 16:07)Bierlag Wrote: Hi guys, sorry to ask this but it's driving me crazy,
Is there a way to search in Spotify from the Web interface?

No, as far as I'm aware not as the search command in the plugin opens the keyboard dialog in Kodi.
OK, thanks mate! Maybe one day. It'll be perfection.
(2016-12-28, 13:54)marcelveldt Wrote: @klaymen: I think it will take some time before Kodi recognizes the update on the repo.
Any with my beta repo I indeed mean my private repo, so you're all set.

Thanks, I now got version 1.0.26...

And wow, it finally works! But not the new version fixed it, it was something else.... and I hope it also helps others with issues:

My problem was a pyspotify installation in my main Python. Because of this, "import spotify" related to pyspotify, instead of the spotify python module of the plugin. This is also the reason it failed to import MainLoop from spotify.py... there is no MainLoop in pyspotify, but there is a MainLoop in the plugin's own spotify module. A "pip uninstall pispotify" solved the problem. I started to believe I'm going crazy... In the end the 2 conflicting spotify modules with the same import name caused the headaches (at least mine)...

Note that there is also another Python Spotify module Spotipy; mgkday, I see in one of your log files a line "Error Type: <class 'spotipy.client.SpotifyException'>" - could it be you have spotipy installed in your main Python? Of course I might be wrong, and the plugins Spotify module actually is spotipy, and hence the spotify in the error message.
Now that I have the plugin running - and it works great, thanks a lot for your effort from myself as well! - I wonder if and how it can be controlled via the kodi json interface (port 9090)? What I mean, is it possible - or could it be added - to trigger functionalities directly via json commands, like

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Down"}

for going down in a list, but for more complex actions of the plugin itself and not only the Kodi GUI, like starting to play a certain playlist? If this was possible, I could assign direct buttons on my Logitech remote control, or wall buttons, to it and include Spotify in my home automation setup. I'm not too familiar with the Kodi concept if it comes to these things and don't know how this relates to the "plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=add_track_to_playlist" and similar things mentioned elsewhere - these look like Kodi internal representations that can't be triggered via the TCP port, or am I wrong there?

Thanks, Andy
For androidbox u can use Spotify music for androidtv. The apk is on net. The plus side is that you get connect. The downside is that it dont get integrated to the kodi innerfack. Try it! The best would be a fully integrated addon working on androidbox Smile
Does this work for AppleTV 4 TvOS? I can't seem to get it to work. The lack of a spotify app is one of the major drawbacks to the ATV4.
Sorry, this is only for android os. It would be great if someone could integrate this to the Kodi interface Smile
I just installed this plugin on my Windows computer. It is a very good plugin, but I have one problem: I used "zur Bibliothek hinzufügen" (add to library) for one of the songs of a playlist. Now I can see a lot of songs have been added to my library. I guess the complete playlist was add to my library.
How can I get rid of this songs again? In my library I only want to see locally songs on my HDD.

Please help me.

Tom
I found a solution by myself: I uninstalled the plugin and refreshed the database. Now the unwanted files are gone. Even after installing the plugin again, everything is fine.
My request would be to have a possibillity to disable the "add to library" function. Otherwise my children will do it earlier or later ;-)

Tom
Are you using an old version of the addon? The "add to library" function was removed a while ago. Unfortunately it was not possible to play files from this addon from kodi's music library. I would actually love to have this feature and be able to add songs or albums from spotify to my music library in kodiSad

I'm using version 1.0.26 of the addon and I definitely do not have the "add to library" function in the addon. In case you do not know how to find your version, go to the addons section in kodi settings and look for this addon. You can see the version you have installed then.
(2016-03-22, 21:31)marcelveldt Wrote: There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi
I have spotify installed in my windows pc but I don't get how I am supposed to accept the authentication request because the browser never opens.

Anyone cares to share the experience?
(2017-01-04, 14:24)DarkHelmet Wrote: Are you using an old version of the addon? The "add to library" function was removed a while ago. Unfortunately it was not possible to play files from this addon from kodi's music library. I would actually love to have this feature and be able to add songs or albums from spotify to my music library in kodiSad

I'm using version 1.0.26 of the addon and I definitely do not have the "add to library" function in the addon. In case you do not know how to find your version, go to the addons section in kodi settings and look for this addon. You can see the version you have installed then.

Hello,
I have no access to my computer right now, because my family is using it Wink
Nevertheless I think I´m using V1.0.25, because this is mentioned "stable". I will update to 1.0.26 later this night. Thank you for your help.
Hello,

I have a Raspberry pi 2 and Libreelec Kodi edition. The configuration of my Kodi is almost done. I just need to succeed installing this great addon Spotify.
Once installed, I don't succeed to open spotify. I guess it is because there is no browser installed on my Kodi. I read on internet that there is no existing browser on Libreelec.
Could you tell me how I can figure out ?
Many thanks
Read first page
Is there a way to prevent this addon from caching?

Or to limit the cache size to a very small value? Used with default settings I'm seeing close ~350MB of use (and I use it rarely), of content that I don't need cached. For a small RPi running off of an SDCard this is not needed.

Also is the cache (.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify/libspotify/cache/Storage)
safe to delete without breaking the addon? (it would be nice to have UI for this)
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17