• 1(current)
peak3d development roadmap
@those who are interested in what parts of development I'm doing for kodi

Currently most of intraday announcements from my side go to the german kodinerds forum.
I have learned in the last time, that some of the things I'm doing doesn't find its way to this important place here, so I'll try to use this place to inform you whenever there is something wich could be useful for more fun and satisfaction using kodi.

My areas of interest are currently:

- inputstream.adaptive (binary inputstream addon to play DASH and Smoothstream content)
There are numerous addons wich already use this addon, for example amazon prime, skygo / youtube / MediaTheken / Magine / Maxdome.
Currently we are working on netflix, we are doing big steps forward and I guess that we'll present something in the next few weeks.

- DRM related stuff (widevine / playready / clearkey)
Currently it seems, that major content provider will settle more and more to DRM encrypted media.
For kodi this means, that you either watch this stuff illegally (using torrents) or legally (using your login and display content on a secure path)
DRM development is my personal roadwork against piracy. My goal is to let you login to your content provider in the same manner as you do with your browser / android app and play the content native in kodi.

- ARM / AMLogic rendering pipeline.
I personally use odroid devices (C1 / C2) for testing but also in my living room.
ARM based boards provide a cheap but powerfull and powersaving way to run kodi. The hardware is in general capable to fulfill most of your needs.
There is only a lack of driver support, as ARM/AMLogic focusses mainly on Android devices. In my spare time I discuss bugs / features directly with AMLogic with the goal to get best possible user experience with those boards.
Right now my focus is on linux OS (ubuntu / LibreELEC), but my work will be continued for Android devices soon.

Long story short: If something breaking new appears regarding the areas above, I'll let you know here,
Thanks for the roadmap and what you are doing for us, peak3d. Much appreciated!
+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-09, 15:25)peak3d Wrote: Currently we are working on netflix, we are doing big steps forward and I guess that we'll present something in the next few weeks.

- DRM related stuff (widevine / playready / clearkey)
Currently it seems, that major content provider will settle more and more to DRM encrypted media.
For kodi this means, that you either watch this stuff illegally (using torrents) or legally (using your login and display content on a secure path)
DRM development is my personal roadwork against piracy. My goal is to let you login to your content provider in the same manner as you do with your browser / android app and play the content native in kodi.
W00t! That sounds awesome!

I'm a paying Netflix customer (as well Spotify premium customer) and would love if I could legally use it from inside Kodi with DRM support.

Will the longterm plan also include native library integration such as Montellese is working on? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

Would be great if we could someday import media from ex. Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Spotify, Deezer, and similar for Kodi library integration.

I for one don't mind paying.
don't be too excited about DRM, as support and stream quality will depend on your OS. Also, it'll bypass most of the Kodi features in regards to syncing, audio transcoding (if you use that and audio is also DRM encrypted) and what not. But yes, in general it'll be nice to at least be able to play and browse all the content from within your beloved media center.
this is really great news

edit: about 4k etc. will inputstream/kodi be able to fool netflix that its windows/kaby lake in order to get 4k or how does that work?
1.) I worked the last couple of days (weeks??) to get AMLogic Rendering on linux OS back to smoothness. For now all things are done except:
- Rewinding (have to get more details how rewinding should work, never looked at it before :-)
- mpeg1/2 packed in avi / mkv containers could have slight stutter.

Development was done together with AMLogic (thanks to my contact partners there for answering ~400 mails!!) in the linux device drivers but as well in kodi.
All those things have now to be ported into the places where they should be at the end: AMLogic repo and kodi repo.

For those having AMLogic devices (Odroid-C1/C2, WETEK) can test this development using the latest LibreELEC builds.

2.) Netflix; we'll never ever fool anybody / anything. We will make devices able to play such content in resolutions / qualities wich are allowed on this device.
Netflix has done much work to decide on a very detailed level what is allowed and what not. We'll respect this.

If your device supports 4K (Android / Widevine L1 / Netflix key), there will be a chance that you can play it in 4K using native kodi sooner or later.
On devices wich does not meet all the security prerequisites, you'll get lower resolutions (the same your browser supports)

3.) @da-anda: currently there is no bypass at all. And it's still my goal for the future to benefit 100% from all development in VideoPlayer.
This is in fact the reason, why amazon prime's new content is not "fixed". because it takes longer to implement this with not bypassing anything.

Conclusion: I have many stuff here wich has to go back to its origin now (PR, PR, PR ....) and this is what I'll do in the next time :-)

(2017-01-10, 09:20)RockerC Wrote: Will the longterm plan also include native library integration such as Montellese is working on? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794

The library integration is called inputstream and is already presence.
I was aware of your work ;-)
Thanks so much for your efforts on AMlogic rendering !
Thank you so much peak3d for this long time demanded feature which requires a lot of work. Thank you.
Been keeping an eye on this as well, nice to hear.

I also see some base work for transcoding going in, exciting times!
Hi peak3d,

I see inputstream.adaptive is in KODI 18 nightlys.
I have installed on my Nvidia Shield.

Do you think Widevine support will be possible for the Shield?
(2017-04-02, 09:46)matthuisman Wrote: Hi peak3d,

I see inputstream.adaptive is in KODI 18 nightlys.
I have installed on my Nvidia Shield.

Do you think Widevine support will be possible for the Shield?

Yes, this is already working with inputstream.adaptive builds from the liberty-developer repo.
Because for android the mediacodec API is used, I'll include liberty-developers libssd_wv for android soon in my official build.
There exists a playready implementation as well, I'll try to pull this one too.
That's amazing!!

I saw Inputstream is actually in KODI 17 now as well (GREAT!)

However, I couldn't find the libssd_wv in the lib folder.
So, assume this is coming soon with the update.

I also assume that libssd_wv on Android will already point to the libwidevine included with Android (eg. no libwidevine.so required to be downloaded?)

Is there any way for me to try out the liberty-developer repo?
Link to the repo addon?
Or, does it require I compile myself?
- libssd_wv will be automatically build with inputstream.adaptive at the time the code is in the peak3d repo
- libwidewine is not used, DRM is part of the android OS. This means: You'll not be able to play content < L3 protection level if you have a cheap china box without DRM

A test build from our dev branch can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0bemwzcu6io15...g.apk?dl=0
Pls. note, that this apk is not build with kodi's google key, so you cannot upgrade your probaly existing kodi on the shield.
Yes. I uninstall official kodi first Smile

I managed to get the libssd_wv built in Android Studio just now.
I then decompiled KODI 17.1 APK and put it into the lib directory.
Then re-compiled and installed.

But that crashed it when trying to play DRM content.

Maybe due to arm8?

Do you plan on doing arm8 builds or is this not possible?

I will try the test build now Smile
It works perfectly with my TVNZ OnDemand Add-on!

Last question - will you "backport" the changes to KODI 17.1?
I might try to decompile KODI 17.1 APK, add in your libssd_wv to lib directory and re-compile the APK.
Or, is there more changes? Maybe I need to also update the libinputstream.adaptive.so?
And maybe the add-on itself?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
peak3d development roadmap1