v16 stalker client unable to load guide
Kodi 16.1 - Stalker client 1.0.8

Starting about a month ago when I start up Kodi I get the error "stalker client unable to load guide". Live tv continues to work fine but the guide doesn't. I tried changing the guide preference to XMLTV Only and set remote URL to http://epg.ninja/NFPSF.xml but it keeps trying to load the guide from the provider.

Any ideas on what to do?
I am having the same issues with the guide in Kodi 16.1. Tried the 17 beta version with the same result. I can confirm the guide works for the provider as the guide works when using an STB Emulator.
I am having the same issue here on Kodi 16.1 on Android with a cod123.biz (IP Guys) subscription. With Kodi 16.1 on Ubuntu Linux (15.04), it crashes when I turn on the TV in settings when the Stalker Client addon is enabled. That crash does not happen with the Krypton beta on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, however the guide does not load there, same as 16.1 on Android.

I would submit a bug on trac.kodi.tv, but even though it says I can login with my forum userid, it says bad username or password.
I fixed it for me by switching back to provider only and turning off caching.
Hi,

has there been any other resolutions to this problem? My guide won't load at all.

The stalker client loads all the channels but it keeps saying "Unable to load guide" The weird thing is that after that it still goes through the process of "loading all guide info from clients" but the guide is always blank.
first it loads the channels, then it gets the guide info from another source.
If it appears to load guide info but the epg is blank, your guide XML file most likely has no "recent" info.
Guide files usually have 3-7 days of channel data. If the file has not been updated, it will still be downloaded and processed into the guide database. When the EPG is opened, it will show no info since there is no data for present day.
Check for a new guide source.
The guide source for post#1 has actually changed, so yours may have also.
/kens
(2017-01-23, 23:16)shooty Wrote: first it loads the channels, then it gets the guide info from another source.
If it appears to load guide info but the epg is blank, your guide XML file most likely has no "recent" info.
Guide files usually have 3-7 days of channel data. If the file has not been updated, it will still be downloaded and processed into the guide database. When the EPG is opened, it will show no info since there is no data for present day.
/kens

Hope I'm not hijacking...this my post is relevant to OP's question...

I have working channels from a provided mac and url

using kodi 17.1 and stalker client

epg from stalker client doesn't work

can anyone provide instruction on how to get epg working from a current functional xmltv channel guide?

Thanks for anyone that can help with this!
(2017-04-04, 22:11)SMELZBAD Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 23:16)shooty Wrote: first it loads the channels, then it gets the guide info from another source.
/kens

Hope I'm not hijacking...this my post is relevant to OP's question...

I have working channels from a provided mac and url

using kodi 17.1 and stalker client

epg from stalker client doesn't work

can anyone provide instruction on how to get epg working from a current functional xmltv channel guide?

Thanks for anyone that can help with this!

Might have figured it out for anyone interested...

This seems to work for the North American channels anyway...

Within Stalker Client Portal Settings under guide:

Select XMLTV only

Under XMLTV:
Select remote url and then use http://koditvepg.com

disable and re-enable stalker client

then...

from main page setting (little round wheely thing top left center) under PVR and Live tv Settings / Guide (if not visible set for expert at bottom left):
under Number of Days to Display reduce number of days to 1 from 3

esc to start screen and shut down and then restart kodi

Worked for me hope it helps someone else!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stalker client unable to load guide0