• 32(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
Any chance this could work by looking in a folder that has movie set images and use that for the poster artwork?

I'm currently testing SPMC + PlexKodiConnect on my Shield. I used to use this addon why I was solely on Kodi and it was very helpful. The issue with my current setup is that sometimes PlexKodiConnect needs to do a full reset when it's updating - meaning I lose the artwork I've set manually.

I'm thinking it'll be a no but thought it was worth asking to be sure

UPDATE - I see above that someone did exactly that...save in one folder. I'll have to give that a try

UPDATE 2 - yep, that worked perfectly!
Hi,

It's my first time using it and it seems to be working correctly, but I see no movie set artwork. After running the add-on it claims to have found 10 movie sets and updated 60 records in the db. I opened the db and looked at the art table, and sure enough it has entries to all the movie set artwork. I also deleted all the texture and thumbnail cache... what else could be wrong? Using Jarvis.

thx
(2017-01-25, 05:20)leejk Wrote: Hi,

It's my first time using it and it seems to be working correctly, but I see no movie set artwork. After running the add-on it claims to have found 10 movie sets and updated 60 records in the db. I opened the db and looked at the art table, and sure enough it has entries to all the movie set artwork. I also deleted all the texture and thumbnail cache... what else could be wrong? Using Jarvis.

thx

It was working in Insengard no problem. Once I switched to Jarvis I had this problem too. In my case I use a single smb folder for all sets in one place. Find the settings.xml in userdata/addon_data/script.moviesetart/ and edit it. The / at the end of the folder string(s) needs to me deleted. For some reason the script adds that and mucks up something. Once you do that save and close the xml. Open up the add-on configuration and enable force update and rerun the script. Worked for me.
EDIT: Sorry, it was early when I replied. The correct folder to make the change is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.moviesetart not the one above.
(2017-01-25, 21:31)XELOR Wrote: EDIT: Sorry, it was early when I replied. The correct folder to make the change is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.moviesetart not the one above.

I was seeing that problem in the debug log, and fixing that setting did correct it, however I still do not see any artwork. Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/A2Qkbkym

It looks to me that it is doing the inverse of what it should, meaning that for single movies in my collection that belong to a set, it logs the path to the artwork. But in all the sets that I do have more than 1 movie for, it does not log the artwork paths, but it says that it found all artwork for set. When I look at the art table in the database, it confirms tho that the artwork paths are not there for all sets; it's only in the art table for the sets that I have 1 movie for. Something not right.

thx
(2017-01-26, 03:00)leejk Wrote:
(2017-01-25, 21:31)XELOR Wrote: EDIT: Sorry, it was early when I replied. The correct folder to make the change is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.moviesetart not the one above.

I was seeing that problem in the debug log, and fixing that setting did correct it, however I still do not see any artwork. Here is a debug log: http://pastebin.com/A2Qkbkym

It looks to me that it is doing the inverse of what it should, meaning that for single movies in my collection that belong to a set, it logs the path to the artwork. But in all the sets that I do have more than 1 movie for, it does not log the artwork paths, but it says that it found all artwork for set. When I look at the art table in the database, it confirms tho that the artwork paths are not there for all sets; it's only in the art table for the sets that I have 1 movie for. Something not right.

thx
You can try this version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l4a78lz0b0....0.2.2.zip
I just added a fix that was postet here bevor and it works fine for me (on Kodi 16.1, Kodi 17.0 and SPMC 16.5.5)
Hi. Been using this addon for a while and love it. Recently, having updated to Kodi 17 however, everything works fine except none of the movie collections have a description of the collection, which they all used to. Haven't changed anything other than Kodi 17 so maybe that's the issue? (All .nfo files are same as they used to be). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Cheers.
(2016-09-28, 11:55)nikeb Wrote: Hi guys

Thank you for your addon wich really helps me.

One question:

I have an headless pc where i would like to call runscript
that can make the addon run with my usual configuration.

I've tried to run the command

Code:
RunScript(script.moviesetart.frodo)

but everytime i launch the command the GUI ask me if i want to rescan the database.
I would like to make it run without any intervention.

Is that possibile?

Thanks in advantage.

anyone?
Can we please get a version bump so it can be downloaded from kodi repo for everyone past gotham. It works and it's damn annoying having to single out this one addon on a fresh install.
Does any version of this work on a Nvidia Shield?
I don't think it is hardware-dependent at all.

scott s.
Hi there,

I'm new into Kodi, so maybe this here is filed under "noob alert" Wink

I'm using Krypton on a Raspberry PI 3 connected to my tv.
All my Movies are on external USB-Drives an plugged direct to the Pi.

I scraped all my movies with TinyMediamanager - also I generated my filmsets in there.
The generated files (movieset-poster.jpg, movieset-fanart.jpg) are in each movie folder.
My folder structure is like this
On Root:
->Taken
-->Taken 1 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)
-->Taken 2 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)
-->Talem 3 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)

I tried to use the MSAA.
Therefore I changed the filnames in the konfiguration to movieset-poster.jpg and movieset-fanart.jpg

I have no success running the MSAA. After that, all the moviesets show still the poster and fanart of the first movie in the set (in this example Taken 1).
Do I have to change some other properties or is this just working with a single artwork folder for all sets?

Thanx for your help.
(2017-07-21, 08:35)Fakex Wrote: Hi there,

I'm new into Kodi, so maybe this here is filed under "noob alert" Wink

I'm using Krypton on a Raspberry PI 3 connected to my tv.
All my Movies are on external USB-Drives an plugged direct to the Pi.

I scraped all my movies with TinyMediamanager - also I generated my filmsets in there.
The generated files (movieset-poster.jpg, movieset-fanart.jpg) are in each movie folder.
My folder structure is like this
On Root:
->Taken
-->Taken 1 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)
-->Taken 2 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)
-->Talem 3 (includiing the movie-files and all the pics like poster, fanart, movieset-poster, movieset fanart etc...)

I tried to use the MSAA.
Therefore I changed the filnames in the konfiguration to movieset-poster.jpg and movieset-fanart.jpg

I have no success running the MSAA. After that, all the moviesets show still the poster and fanart of the first movie in the set (in this example Taken 1).
Do I have to change some other properties or is this just working with a single artwork folder for all sets?

Thanx for your help.
You have to put all of your moviesets artwork on the same folder and configure MSAA to point to that location.
Image Image
Thank you for the answer.
So I have to scrape again. It seems that MSAA isn't able to find the files in the movie-folders.
@Fakex

If you have the collection artwork in the collection folder, then it should be named poster.jpg and fanart.jpg
ie:
Taken Collection (folder)
--poster.jpg
--fanart.jpg
----Taken 1 (folder)
----Taken 2 (folder)
----Taken 3 (folder)

But, if you use a central movieset folder (collection folder), should be named
<moviesettitle>-poster.jpg
<moviesettitle>-fanart.jpg

This is the easiest way to ensue this works.

But, there is one glitch with MSAA addon when it comes to a central folder. You need to edit the MSAA addon setting file after selecting the central folder, and remove the extra directory separator, the \ or / at the end of the artwork_folder_path.
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="artwork_folder_path" value="smb://NAS1/Volume_1/Multimedia/MovieSetArt/" />
    <setting id="enable_artwork_folder" value="true" />
    <setting id="enable_force_update" value="false" />
    <setting id="enable_search_folders" value="false" />
    <setting id="filename_banner" value="banner.jpg" />
    <setting id="filename_clearart" value="clearart.png" />
    <setting id="filename_fanart" value="fanart.jpg" />
    <setting id="filename_logo" value="logo.png" />
    <setting id="filename_poster" value="poster.jpg" />
    <setting id="filename_thumb" value="folder.jpg" />
    <setting id="include_set_prefix" value="false" />
    <setting id="recurse_artwork_folder" value="false" />
</settings>