• 95(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Probably Android, Apple and RPI, which used python 2.6 from common depends in Jarvis, would exhibit the issue
Anyone with an Android device please check out the issue for this, I've posted some instructions on a potential fix. If anyone can test on Android or RPI where Python 2.6 is running and post there or here please do.

Please give detail - did the addon run, certain part fail? For people using Dropbox please test this as well as that is were the code was altered.

Thanks again to Koying for the detailed info on this. Hopefully this will be the fix, as long as another 2.6 type of issue doesn't pop up.
request for more info

backup addon error "backup error check the log file for more information
this happens with backup ver 1.0.8 for android or ios. 1.0.6 works on both

i installed "log viewer for kodi " and the log shows 'syntax error 'invalid syntax '
@robweber i woke up with the syntax error issue on multiple android devices and when i tried to launch backup i would just get an error and would not even open the app. I tried your suggestion from your github post to replace the rest.py file and it is now working properly. Also i use a dropbox account linked and that is also working where i can both backup and restore. Thanks.
(2017-01-23, 18:01)robweber Wrote: Anyone with an Android device please check out the issue for this, I've posted some instructions on a potential fix. If anyone can test on Android or RPI where Python 2.6 is running and post there or here please do.

Please give detail - did the addon run, certain part fail? For people using Dropbox please test this as well as that is were the code was altered.

Thanks again to Koying for the detailed info on this. Hopefully this will be the fix, as long as another 2.6 type of issue doesn't pop up.

I tried the revised backup zip file on an firestick ( android based i believe) and it failed in the same way....doesn't run and gives "Backup error - check the log file for more information

thanks for your efforts to fix Smile
I've changes the rest.py inside the dropbox folder in the addon, it now works.
https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/94
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Thanks to everyone for testing. I realize @pusb87 this did not fix your problem but I've pushed the fix to the Kodi repo anyway as it seemed to fix this for everyone else. Hoping once the addon updates this goes away for everyone. I've done the pull request so as soon as it's pushed to the main repo it will roll out.
Tad late but I confirm the fix works for me. Thanks Smile
i wasn't able to download the updated
android 1.0.8 file from the drop box. got 404 error

although i went back to 1.0.6 it works and turned off auto up
dates this works
(2017-01-23, 20:04)robweber Wrote: Thanks to everyone for testing. I realize @pusb87 this did not fix your problem but I've pushed the fix to the Kodi repo anyway as it seemed to fix this for everyone else. Hoping once the addon updates this goes away for everyone. I've done the pull request so as soon as it's pushed to the main repo it will roll out.

i have let the auto update pull in 1.09 and all now seems Ok ..maybe i got something a bit wrong but hey...its fine and dandy now.... great stuff in fixing so quickly...its a must have addon for me Smile
Unfortunately, I'm still getting the Backup Error on Amazon Firestick when I try to restore a previous build.
Seems to be working perfectly on my Macbook Pro.
Hey Rob, thanks for getting the fix out so quickly. Big Grin I get a little worried when I am unable to Backup my Kodi setup, most especially when I'm trying out new Addons. What specifically did you do to make the Addon work againHuh Just curious.....
Working on amazon fire tv, but still getting the message 'not all files were copied'
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
I just made a second chance to backup.
Made a backup on SPMC, with v1.09 and then restore it on latest Kodi 17 RC3 with v1.09.
Not everything got well.
Add-ons were all disabled. Anyone knows why?
My movie library was not set. Series library was set.
The rest I think was fine, specially the addons config backup.
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2017-01-24, 22:14)gillmacca Wrote: Working on amazon fire tv, but still getting the message 'not all files were copied'

Usually this means the files were in use somehow - might be related to a specific addon. Debug log would help.

(2017-01-25, 13:04)onesolo Wrote: I just made a second chance to backup.
Made a backup on SPMC, with v1.09 and then restore it on latest Kodi 17 RC3 with v1.09.
Not everything got well.
Add-ons were all disabled. Anyone knows why?
My movie library was not set. Series library was set.
The rest I think was fine, specially the addons config backup.

On Kodi 17 the addons are not enabled by default after the restore. It's on the "todo" list.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10