• 4(current)
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
(2016-12-31, 02:31)mabraham33 Wrote: driver help for windows 10 64bit. just keeps me at the generic software. I need to get a driver for my firestick so I can install from usb.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html

Work fine, just tested with a Stick on a clean copy of Win10 64

Edit: I've updated these drivers for inclusion in adbLink 2.08
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Happy New Year to all!

Thank You for supporting adbLink and http://www.jocala.com in 2016! I look forward to providing adbLink/Kodi support in 2017 and beyond!
I am able to use this with my older firestick, but my new firestick (new version) does not want to connect. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
(2017-01-03, 06:30)Arthur1082 Wrote: I am able to use this with my older firestick, but my new firestick (new version) does not want to connect. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

http://www.jocala.com/connhelp.html

Check your log for possible errors, and visit the link above for techniques to fix connection problems. Feel free to post back if you get stuck.
New Video: Moving Kodi's data using adbLink

https://youtu.be/EDUF5cnBLYA
I've been using adblink 2.07 on windows 10 to backup/restore my Kodi installations on FTV's and FTV sticks. I have recently run into an issue that has me baffeled. My backups seem to run fine and i get the completed message but not sell my files are getting backed up. I didn't realize I had a problem until just yesterday when I wanted to uninstall and reinstall on one of my FTV's. It looked like everything worked fine but Kodi would not start. When I looked at the backup and compared it to a previous one it was obvious that not all the files where there in the addon folder. I ran the backup on that FTV box again and got the same results. The Kodi instance runs fine so I know the files are all there and working. Any thoughts?
(2017-01-18, 02:17)wags1 Wrote: I've been using adblink 2.07 on windows 10 to backup/restore my Kodi installations on FTV's and FTV sticks. I have recently run into an issue that has me baffeled. My backups seem to run fine and i get the completed message but not sell my files are getting backed up. I didn't realize I had a problem until just yesterday when I wanted to uninstall and reinstall on one of my FTV's. It looked like everything worked fine but Kodi would not start. When I looked at the backup and compared it to a previous one it was obvious that not all the files where there in the addon folder. I ran the backup on that FTV box again and got the same results. The Kodi instance runs fine so I know the files are all there and working. Any thoughts?

You need to perform the backup, then examine the adbLink log for problems before closing adbLink. Also examine the adbLink log after you do a restore, again looking for problems.

You should also examine the Kodi log on the box that has issues starting Kodi and see if the log identifies the startup problem. You can view logs using the adbLink log viewer function in the menu.
The problem is definitely with the backup, not the restore. I did a restore to the same AFTV box with a known good backup and it works fine. If I run a backup and send you the log would you be willing to take a look? I did look myself but did not see anything unusual, which is why this has me scratching my head.
(2017-01-18, 06:08)wags1 Wrote: The problem is definitely with the backup, not the restore. I did a restore to the same AFTV box with a known good backup and it works fine. If I run a backup and send you the log would you be willing to take a look? I did look myself but did not see anything unusual, which is why this has me scratching my head.

Sure, send the log to jocala@jocala.com -- I'll be AFK tomorrow, but I'll follow up as soon as I can.
Sent. Thanks!
(2016-12-12, 19:44)jocala Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 15:17)LilSnoop40 Wrote: Good morning, i bought the Mi Box for a friend this weekend. after installing Kodi via the google play store i wanted to restore from backup using adbLink. i put the box into developer mode and all that. but i couldn't get it to connect to the box. Any ideas how to make this connect, i didn't have any issues using adbLink on any Firestick, FireTV or Nvidia Shield. i even tried hooking a usb from the Mi Box to my pc like you need to do for the Nvidia Shield but had no luck. please advise.

Thanks

I responded to your email.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect the Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB)...
(2017-01-19, 07:23)DoctorBR Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 19:44)jocala Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 15:17)LilSnoop40 Wrote: Good morning, i bought the Mi Box for a friend this weekend. after installing Kodi via the google play store i wanted to restore from backup using adbLink. i put the box into developer mode and all that. but i couldn't get it to connect to the box. Any ideas how to make this connect, i didn't have any issues using adbLink on any Firestick, FireTV or Nvidia Shield. i even tried hooking a usb from the Mi Box to my pc like you need to do for the Nvidia Shield but had no luck. please advise.

Thanks

I responded to your email.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect the Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB)...

1. Turn the developer options on (You may have to press About/Build 7 times)

2. Turn on ADB Debugging. If you see a Network debugging, turn that on too.

3. Connect to your device. You may need to connect via USB if network debugging
isn't turned on for your device ROM.

Look for a pop-up dialog similar to:

Confirm the connection and check "Always Allow..."

If the authorization dialog does not appear, try deleting/renaming the .android/adbkey and .android/adbkey.pub files in your $HOME directory. This should force your device to reauthorize.
Smile 
I have not yet received the Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB), but I was curious to know if adbLink works on it.
I will try these settings as soon as I can and will share my experience with adbLink on it.

Thank you very much!
(2017-01-20, 01:08)DoctorBR Wrote: I have not yet received the Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB), but I was curious to know if adbLink works on it.
I will try these settings as soon as I can and will share my experience with adbLink on it.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome.
i have a kodi costom setup on a fire TV stick & I'm thinking of buying an Android TV box. Will I be able to backup to my Fire stick setup to my PC then transfer it to my Andriod TV box with ADB?

Tia
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2