• 4(current)
Release Kodi 17.0 Krypton - Released!
(2017-02-08, 14:10)j-m-s Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 12:58)trogggy Wrote: Time to do some reading. The krypton changes - taking out some workarounds that have been used in Jarvis and before - are plastered all over the forum. If Jarvis is better for you then carry on using it.

Sure I do. I had to uninstall kodi 17, search for the kodi 16.1 apk in the internet, download it and install it. After installing kodi, I had to install all my addons I had before, configure them, configure kodi and voila, with one afternoon of work I had the same I had last week: all working fine.
I'm sorry for your loss.
The Jarvis apk is still available from the older releases section of the download page linked at the top of every forum page. Just scroll down a bit towards the bottom and you should find it.

Indeed for the 32-bit versions you can find apk's back to Frodo or Gotham if that takes your fancy...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hey Team,

First thanks for your hard work. I love Kodi and I've been using it for a very long time now.

So please take this into account when I tell you, the new interface isn't great. I used the alpha of 17.0 and I really liked it. Neat new interface, a big step up and modernization.

Now, I've installed the release version and I gotta tell you... something went wrong between Alpha and release. The interface is not great. I'd have to go through it and write down exactly what I don't like but overall its clunky, less user friendly and just doesn't look that good. I miss the bar at the bottom for sure.

I think you should revisit this. The alpha version was awesome, and although the changes aren't extensive between these and the release, they are all negative ones.

Thanks again for the time and effort.
Then you are one of the few
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-02-08, 18:00)RexJaguarius Wrote: Hey Team,

First thanks for your hard work. I love Kodi and I've been using it for a very long time now.

So please take this into account when I tell you, the new interface isn't great. I used the alpha of 17.0 and I really liked it. Neat new interface, a big step up and modernization.

Now, I've installed the release version and I gotta tell you... something went wrong between Alpha and release. The interface is not great. I'd have to go through it and write down exactly what I don't like but overall its clunky, less user friendly and just doesn't look that good. I miss the bar at the bottom for sure.

I think you should revisit this. The alpha version was awesome, and although the changes aren't extensive between these and the release, they are all negative ones.

Thanks again for the time and effort.

No Revisit, please i love it, and have since day 1, okay i also used ronies skin for a long time so maybe thats why, and since this is not a support forum, i wont rant about the DTS or Blu Ray menu not working small hiccups over all i think this was the best choice for a modern UI, if you look at experience and ronies skin
the revolve skin and so one everyone is using almost same layout, i never liked a clouded UI needs to be clean and i just love the new UI, yea there are small annoyances, but i think you just need to try it out a bit more, if you still hate it well
that is a shame ofc but we are all different, i always hated the confluence for lack of modification, and the new UI smoother Video play, and i just can say enough, how great it is.
My only complaint is i am so dumb i have not found the setting where i can change wallpaper, that bugs me, but it must be there Big Grin i just need to find it

But if you disregard the DTS and Menu Bug i find its a lot smother, and Movies look a lot better, that was a big nice surprise

Just a quick note i made my own Blu ray Menu for some of my Movies and now i can use show blu ray Menu, but i have to use the skip button to enter because the show blu ray menu link goes elsewhere, not asking for support just clarifying
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2017-02-08, 12:46)j-m-s Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 09:21)nickr Wrote: Android audio will depend how well your firmware supports android standards - and that is not up to Team Kodi.

Since Dolby & DTS passthru work in Kodi 16.1 and don't work in Kodi 17, it is not a matter of the device but obviously a matter of the kodi software.
Yes Kodi threw out all the hack code that was needed by poor vendor firmwares. Now only api compliant firmwares are supported. Talk to your vendor.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The blog post mentions:
Quote:the immediate availability of Kodi 17.0 (Krypton) for Windows, Android, MacOS and iOS
Why is Linux not mentioned?

Edit: I know they mentions Ubuntu downloads are not yet ready, but there are some distributions out there which provide packages for it already (e.g.: Archlinux) so it might be fair to list Linux there as well.
CONGS. VERY GOOD WORK BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM.I DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW KODI BUT I HAVE NO VIDEO ONLY AUDIO !!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY Huh??
Nick,

First thing, please turn off your caps lock, no need for the shouting.

Secondly, this thread is just for announcing the release of Krypton, you're much more likely to get help with your issue if you post in the relevant support forum. You're even more likely to get help if you post a Debug Log (wiki) too.

Good luck.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2017-02-09, 15:21)vially Wrote: Why is Linux not mentioned?

I did not mention this in the blog post because we do not provide binaries for "Linux", and I was looking at the available binaries.

We have someone on the team who maintains a PPA repository for Ubuntu, but he's away at the moment which is why it will take some time before they become available.
The source code is available for the Linux distributions or for individuals to build their own binaries. (or start their own PPA)

I'll see if I can clarify this in the release announcement.

Edit: I've added this to the release announcement.
Quote:The source code for Kodi 17.0 can be downloaded from our mirrors, and we expect it will not take very long before the maintainers of various Linux distributions release updated binaries. Our own Ubuntu PPA will be updated as soon as our maintainer is back from his well-deserved holiday.
woohooo. the ubuntu PPA has been updated.
thanks !!
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Unfortunately the tvheadend addon stopps working:
Quote:PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '5.2.1', add-on API version '4.1.0'
(2017-02-10, 20:24)1358 Wrote: Unfortunately the tvheadend addon stopps working:
Quote:PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '5.2.1', add-on API version '4.1.0'

Assuming you're upgraded using the Kodi ubuntu PPA, the PVR plugins haven't been updated there yet.

Hopefully they get compiled soon, because I'm eager to upgrade Kodi for my mythtv system.
(2017-02-10, 20:49)thezencowsaysmu Wrote: Assuming you're upgraded using the Kodi ubuntu PPA, the PVR plugins haven't been updated there yet.
Kinda bad timing that kodi itself is updated in the ppa without the plugins. Sad
Invidious that PVR has now stopped working after updating the stable branch during normal system maintenance.
(2017-02-10, 22:00)1358 Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 20:49)thezencowsaysmu Wrote: Assuming you're upgraded using the Kodi ubuntu PPA, the PVR plugins haven't been updated there yet.
Kinda bad timing that kodi itself is updated in the ppa without the plugins. Sad
Invidious that PVR has now stopped working after updating the stable branch during normal system maintenance.

The kodi-pvr-hts addon has now been updated on the Kodi PPA, as have all the other PVR addons. Hooray!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.0 Krypton - Released!2