Commercial Skipping... automatic??
Hard to guess what is going on, but you need to review the earlier posts in this thread.
1. Make sure you have edl_skip_field = 3 set in the comskip ini file.
2. Are you sue you have your postprocessing.bat file setup ok? If it is working, then you should have a .edl and .txt (at least) file in the same directory as your video (TV Show) file.
3. And as said earlier, you can only skip commercials if you are watching in "file mode". Streaming does not work.

I'd also check results with several recordings as maybe you got something that just didn't pick up any commercials. It happens. If you open the .txt file with notepad or something you will be able to see the commercials that were identified.
(2015-08-22, 22:46)ReplayHarry Wrote: 3. And as said earlier, you can only skip commercials if you are watching in "file mode". Streaming does not work.

I don't understand what it means to watch in "file mode." Can you explain?
He's saying that Kodi can currently only skip commercials when it's playing a file from disk. It cant currently skip commercials when playing from a http stream (even if the addon supplies the comskip info) which is what happens when you play a recording using the NextPVR add.on.
OK. Finally got it working. Apparently there's a bug in comskip 81_087 and a few earlier versions that doesn't play well with parallelProcessing.bat. See http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/viewtopi...f=5&t=1694

I had to revert to 81_070 to get it working.
Does anyone know if this method still works in Krypton? When I play the file though the files menu it identifies the commercials since a little notification pops up, but it does not skip them.
(2017-02-11, 22:42)shaklee39 Wrote: Does anyone know if this method still works in Krypton? When I play the file though the files menu it identifies the commercials since a little notification pops up, but it does not skip them.

Comskip is recently broken for many users in Krypton. After the stupid comskip notification which is almost as annoying as the commercials themselves you are lucky that it continues to play. For me it just appears frozen until the commercials end.

Martin
(2017-02-13, 20:56)emveepee Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 22:42)shaklee39 Wrote: Does anyone know if this method still works in Krypton? When I play the file though the files menu it identifies the commercials since a little notification pops up, but it does not skip them.

Comskip is recently broken for many users in Krypton. After the stupid comskip notification which is almost as annoying as the commercials themselves you are lucky that it continues to play. For me it just appears frozen until the commercials end.

Martin

This appears to be true for my installation also. However, if I press the "Skip Forward" button, it will skip into the commercial. So it is not truly frozen, it is just black until the commercials end.
(2017-02-16, 00:26)RickMcD Wrote:

Martin

This appears to be true for my installation also. However, if I press the "Skip Forward" button, it will skip into the commercial. So it is not truly frozen, it is just black until the commercials end.

Also seeing this on my previously working setup. It appears to freeze until I fast forward a second and hit play and it is into the commercials playing fine.
Yes, Same here. I get the freeze frame with the last bit of the commercial. The good thing is that the information popup shows how long the commercial is so i can skip forward almost exactly.

Martin

Still doesn't work in download from Microsoft store. Does anyone know whether it has been fixed in the nightly builds? It does work in Leia, however.
I built the current Win32 Krypton 17.1 RC and comskip is working again, so it should be ready for testing in nightlies after today - 0221.

Martin
(2017-02-23, 07:07)emveepee Wrote: I built the current Win32 Krypton 17.1 RC and comskip is working again, so it should be ready for testing in nightlies after today - 0221.

Martin

Thank you, Martin. I'll give it a shot.
(2017-02-23, 07:07)emveepee Wrote: I built the current Win32 Krypton 17.1 RC and comskip is working again, so it should be ready for testing in nightlies after today - 0221.

Martin

This build seems to do the trick: 2017-0223 8b422f7459

Thanks for all of the great work to everyone.
Still not quite right. On the nightly from the 27th if your comskip was incorrect and you rewind it will always skip when it hits that point. In 16 it would cancel the skip if you did a rewind or skip back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial Skipping... automatic??0