• 12(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
Hi Guys.
Loveing this driver - without it I wouldnt be enjoying Kodi as much!

Not really linked, but sort of - is there a way we can implement Windows function with the coloured buttons on the remote?
For example, I would like to implement Alt+F4 with the yellow button, and a few other functions.
I used to use a USB Infrared eye plugged into the HTPC - but that doesnt prove to be very reliable and is super slow!

Any helps / ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
jared
(2016-04-06, 08:05)jareds Wrote: Hi Guys.
Loveing this driver - without it I wouldnt be enjoying Kodi as much!

Not really linked, but sort of - is there a way we can implement Windows function with the coloured buttons on the remote?
For example, I would like to implement Alt+F4 with the yellow button, and a few other functions.
I used to use a USB Infrared eye plugged into the HTPC - but that doesnt prove to be very reliable and is super slow!

Any helps / ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
jared

Unfortunately, no. :-( Not with this driver. Our communication is with Kodi. Not the operating system. Even if we were able to communicate with windows, I'm not sure we'd be able to send something like Alt+F4 over an IP connection.

You can link the colored buttons on the remote to any other key press that Kodi can interpret. e.g. I have my green button mapped to the 't' key. So it will turn on and off the subtitles. Depending on what you are trying to do, you could modify you keymap to execute Kodi functions(i.e. Shutdown, Mimimize, etc)..... Hmmmmmmm. As I'm typing this I'm remembering that you can shell out with the System.Exec function. It still won't give you your Alt+F4 command. But it might give you some of the functionality you are looking for. So I'm going to revise my answer from 'no, to 'not easily'. Other than the Alt+F4 functionality(which the Kodi-Shutdown function might work for you?) what are you trying to accomplish?
I would just like to respectfully ask if anyone is working to update this to support Jarvis. I'd do it myself but I wouldn't have the slightest idea about where to begin. If not then I don't think it'll be too difficult to downgrade to Isengard. I should also mention that I haven't attempted to use it with Jarvis yet. But I intend to and I'll report back what I find out. Thanks!
(2016-04-10, 21:54)dutsnekcirf Wrote: I would just like to respectfully ask if anyone is working to update this to support Jarvis. I'd do it myself but I wouldn't have the slightest idea about where to begin. If not then I don't think it'll be too difficult to downgrade to Isengard. I should also mention that I haven't attempted to use it with Jarvis yet. But I intend to and I'll report back what I find out. Thanks!

It should work with Jarvis as is. To my knowledge, the EventServer APIs haven't changed.
(2016-04-11, 04:56)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-04-10, 21:54)dutsnekcirf Wrote: I would just like to respectfully ask if anyone is working to update this to support Jarvis. I'd do it myself but I wouldn't have the slightest idea about where to begin. If not then I don't think it'll be too difficult to downgrade to Isengard. I should also mention that I haven't attempted to use it with Jarvis yet. But I intend to and I'll report back what I find out. Thanks!

It should work with Jarvis as is. To my knowledge, the EventServer APIs haven't changed.

Confirmed. The driver worked perfectly as soon as I got it setup. One thing I had to do was edit the driver to use port 8080 though instead of 9090. After that it worked great. This is working with a Matricom G-Box Q.
I'm looking using Control4 and have not bought one yet.

Happy to see that there is a community developed driver for Kodi
(2016-04-11, 15:22)dutsnekcirf Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 04:56)RetardedGoat Wrote:

Confirmed. The driver worked perfectly as soon as I got it setup. One thing I had to do was edit the driver to use port 8080 though instead of 9090. After that it worked great. This is working with a Matricom G-Box Q.

Just got the driver going on my Matricom-G box as mentioned above, I can scroll within Kodi goto the apps, but once I start a Video (Movie) I have no control. I cannot exit, pause, or do anything. I have to use the Matricom IR remote to exit out of that screen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I manually edited the driver to goto 8080 as previously mentioned as well

Here is a a small snippet of the lua
Code:
SendToNetwork:{ "id":746,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Seek","params":{"playerid":-1, "value":"smallforward"}}
XBMC: Received something from network on binding 6001
{"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"method":"Player.Seek","stack":{"message":"Value between 0 (inclusive) and 2 (inclusive) expected but -1 received","name":"playerid","type":"integer"}},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":746,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: RIGHT
XBMC: polltimer test
[/code]
[/quote]
This actually works really well. Never thought it was going to be that simple to set up.

The only problem I am having is to access the audio/subtitle once the movie has started. Pressing enter then left or right just skips forward or backwards, so I am not able to scroll all the way to the left to the audio setting I want to adjust.

Does anyone know of a good way to fix this? Or a way to set a shortcut or something? Blush
(2016-08-02, 19:23)U5tabil Wrote: This actually works really well. Never thought it was going to be that simple to set up.

The only problem I am having is to access the audio/subtitle once the movie has started. Pressing enter then left or right just skips forward or backwards, so I am not able to scroll all the way to the left to the audio setting I want to adjust.

Does anyone know of a good way to fix this? Or a way to set a shortcut or something? Blush

Are you using the JSON driver or the EventServer one? The Event Server driver shouldn't have that problem.
(2016-08-09, 17:59)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 19:23)U5tabil Wrote: This actually works really well. Never thought it was going to be that simple to set up.

Are you using the JSON driver or the EventServer one? The Event Server driver shouldn't have that problem.

Seems I'm using the JSON from the first thread. Is there a different driver i should use? Can you please link it?
(2016-08-09, 18:16)U5tabil Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 17:59)RetardedGoat Wrote:

Seems I'm using the JSON from the first thread. Is there a different driver i should use? Can you please link it?

http://ul.to/80nmgrrh
(2016-08-09, 18:40)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:16)U5tabil Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 17:59)RetardedGoat Wrote: Are you using the JSON driver or the EventServer one? The Event Server driver shouldn't have that problem.

Thank you very much. So this is a newer version that should be used? Is there a thread on this where I can follow up on updates? Smile

Again thank you
(2016-08-09, 18:42)U5tabil Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:40)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:16)U5tabil Wrote: Seems I'm using the JSON from the first thread. Is there a different driver i should use? Can you please link it?

Thank you very much. So this is a newer version that should be used? Is there a thread on this where I can follow up on updates? Smile

Again thank you

No a separate thread, I'm afraid. Just earlier in this one.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2232098

I wrote this Event Server version because the JSON one had a few minor limits(like you noticed with the On Screen Display). I posted it in this thread because even though it's an 80% rewrite, it is based on the JSON one BrandonJ wrote.

BrandonJ was great in that he posted his source code on GitHub. I'd do the same except I don't know how. And I'm too phenomenally lazy to figure it out. But if anyone expresses interest, I can post it here and/or figure out GitHub.
(2016-08-09, 19:30)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:42)U5tabil Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:40)RetardedGoat Wrote: http://ul.to/80nmgrrh

Again thank you

I wrote this Event Server version because the JSON one had a few minor limits(like you noticed with the On Screen Display). I posted it in this thread because even though it's an 80% rewrite, it is based on the JSON one BrandonJ wrote.

BrandonJ was great in that he posted his source code on GitHub. I'd do the same except I don't know how. And I'm too phenomenally lazy to figure it out. But if anyone expresses interest, I can post it here and/or figure out GitHub.

Thanks so much for the driver, been trying to get it with my matricom box and no luck. Is there a way to know that it has succesfully established connection from ComposerPro. I put in the MAC Address with no spaces or colons but it doesnt seem to connect

Code:
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: ON
Got ON Command:
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6003 (9)]: ONLINE
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6003 (9)]: OFFLINE
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: GET_ADV_SCENES
[string "Lua Code"]:91: attempt to concatenate local 'strData' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy)
[string "Lua Code"]:91: attempt to concatenate local 'strData' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy)
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired
Unrecognized TimerID
Sending Wake on LAN magic packet
00000000  FF FF FF FF FF FF C4 4E  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  .......N.....N..
00000010  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  ...N.....N.....N
00000020  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  .....N.....N....
00000030  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  .N.....N.....N..
00000040  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  ...N.....N.....N
00000050  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  .....N.....N....
00000060  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD                                 .N....
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: ENTER
Sending EventServer packet: enter
(2017-02-20, 23:00)Blackfiveo Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 19:30)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 18:42)U5tabil Wrote: Thank you very much. So this is a newer version that should be used? Is there a thread on this where I can follow up on updates? Smile

Again thank you

Thanks so much for the driver, been trying to get it with my matricom box and no luck. Is there a way to know that it has succesfully established connection from ComposerPro. I put in the MAC Address with no spaces or colons but it doesnt seem to connect

Code:
XBMC: ReceivedFromProxy: ON
Got ON Command:
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6003 (9)]: OFFLINE
On Timer Expired
On Timer Expired
Unrecognized TimerID
Sending Wake on LAN magic packet
00000000  FF FF FF FF FF FF C4 4E  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  .......N.....N..
00000010  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  ...N.....N.....N
00000020  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  .....N.....N....
00000030  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  .N.....N.....N..
00000040  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD C4 4E  ...N.....N.....N
00000050  AC 10 1C FD C4 4E AC 10  1C FD C4 4E AC 10 1C FD  .....N.....N....
00000060  C4 4E AC 10 1C FD                                 .N....

Did you specify the IP address in the Connections section of Composer?

Open Composer.
Click on Connections(Just below System Design on the bottom left)
Click the Network tab.
Select 'IP Network'
Your kodi device should be in the list on the right. Right click it and select 'Identity'.
Enter the IP address of your Kodi device.

Hopefully this gets things going for you. Let me know if it doesn't work.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3