• 495(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2017-02-24, 03:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 02:33)john.cord Wrote: maybe but it works now. Another thing. Why does the chromebox defaults to 1080i on Bootscreen and Kodi?
it defaults to whatever the display reports as the native resolution. it should always be progressive though

In my Setup its 1080i. Its a Panasonic Plasma and a Yamaha AVR.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2017-02-24, 12:04)john.cord Wrote: In my Setup its 1080i. Its a Panasonic Plasma and a Yamaha AVR.

well, those older "1080i" displays are actually 768p (since there's no such thing as a plasma/lcd display that refreshes in an interlaced manner), and convert 480i/480p/720p/1080i to 768p for display, so 1366x768 is what you want to use in Kodi to avoid having the image rescaled multiple times. If 768p isn't an option, I'd use 720p.
Nope, its a TXP50GT30. 1080p Panel.

Gesendet von meinem mobilen Fusionsreaktor mit Tapatalk
(2017-02-24, 08:03)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 03:21)SandmanUT Wrote: Instead of loading Legacy (1) I reloaded my full backup firmware and all display ports (DP & HDMI) and all cables play nice (enough) with all displays once again. I didn't go back to stock, the box had been running your script with openelec/chromeos dual boot for a long time already, just back to the legacy version that worked previously and now once again. I stuck with GalliomOS this time, since it was what I was live booting off of. But the revert back to the working version enabled dp and hdmi (mirroring) while Gallium was still on the stick, which it wouldn't do under the UEFI, so that you know.

your GalliumOS install on the USB stick was done with the legacy boot firmware, so it would not be expected to boot with the UEFI firmware. If you're moving from legacy to UEFI, you pretty much have to start fresh.

I didn't have a Gallium install previously, I just made a boot stick from Windows to test against SteamOS, as per your suggestion to test the hdmi/dp handshake issue with UEFI. The same stick would boot up with either firmware, just one had dp & hdmi swapping support and restart hang and one did not.

My box doesn't want to play nice with the UEFI firmware and that's why I reverted back to the previous backup config, as outlined over on your script page. The old, working OS was openelec with chrome in a dual (that was the backed up firmware). I'm just outlining what solved the issue (moving backward) so that you have all the info if you encounter this again. Smile
I have an asus chromebox-m004u I want to install OpenElec follow the steps
Disable Firmware Write Protect
connected to the internet
Turn on ChromeBox and boot to ChromeOS – do not log in to ChromeOS
Press Ctrl, Alt + F2 to open a command prompt
Download and run the ChromeBox setup script with these commands:
cd; curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/setup-kodi.sh
sudo bash setup-kodi.sh
setup bash kodi.sh no such file or directory
Help me solve the problem
(2017-02-24, 23:55)babidirick Wrote: I have an asus chromebox-m004u I want to install OpenElec follow the steps
Disable Firmware Write Protect
connected to the internet
Turn on ChromeBox and boot to ChromeOS – do not log in to ChromeOS
Press Ctrl, Alt + F2 to open a command prompt
Download and run the ChromeBox setup script with these commands:
cd; curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/setup-kodi.sh
sudo bash setup-kodi.sh
setup bash kodi.sh no such file or directory
Help me solve the problem

well, the curl command downloads the script - did it produce an error? 'No such file or directory' means the script wasn't downloaded, either due to a lack of internet, server issue, or similar
I've tried updating my chrome book Acer CB3-111 with GalliumOS 2.0.
When i run the EZ script it never gives me the option 'L' legacy boot.
I'm stuck with the UEFI firmware screen.
(2017-02-25, 00:22)redking Wrote: I've tried updating my chrome book Acer CB3-111 with GalliumOS 2.0.
When i run the EZ script it never gives me the option 'L' legacy boot.
I'm stuck with the UEFI firmware screen.
what do the two have to do with one another?

the CB3-111 is a Baytrail device, it only has a UEFI firmware option, not a Legacy one. If you're installing GalliumOS from USB, you need to use the current 2.1 beta iso (which is the primary download) which has UEFI support
(2017-02-24, 18:55)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 12:04)john.cord Wrote: In my Setup its 1080i. Its a Panasonic Plasma and a Yamaha AVR.

well, those older "1080i" displays are actually 768p (since there's no such thing as a plasma/lcd display that refreshes in an interlaced manner), and convert 480i/480p/720p/1080i to 768p for display, so 1366x768 is what you want to use in Kodi to avoid having the image rescaled multiple times. If 768p isn't an option, I'd use 720p.

Ok, after tinkering i found the problem. It was a combination of bad HDMI Cable and the new HDMI Splitter. Dont know exactly why but it works now. Very strange.
(2017-02-25, 18:22)john.cord Wrote: Ok, after tinkering i found the problem. It was a combination of bad HDMI Cable and the new HDMI Splitter. Dont know exactly why but it works now. Very strange.

glad you got it sorted Smile
ETA:

When I hit CTRL D in step #2, it says it takes 5 minutes... is that just the script on the upper left of the screen? It doesn't seem to be doing anything?

Please ignore - I can't read basic instructions SMH
Does anyone know where to access the files from ChromeOS on LE? I downloaded a few pictures I want to use as backgrounds, but not really sure how to access them LibreElec
(2017-02-26, 00:43)Kbxy88 Wrote: Does anyone know where to access the files from ChromeOS on LE? I downloaded a few pictures I want to use as backgrounds, but not really sure how to access them LibreElec

you can't, ChromeOS userdata is encrypted, specifically to prevent what you're trying to do.

while you can mount the LE storage partition in ChromeOS and copy the files that way, the easiest solution is to copy to USB stick in CrOS and then back in LE
(2017-02-26, 01:43)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 00:43)Kbxy88 Wrote: Does anyone know where to access the files from ChromeOS on LE? I downloaded a few pictures I want to use as backgrounds, but not really sure how to access them LibreElec

you can't, ChromeOS userdata is encrypted, specifically to prevent what you're trying to do.

while you can mount the LE storage partition in ChromeOS and copy the files that way, the easiest solution is to copy to USB stick in CrOS and then back in LE

Got it on a stick, how do I find that stick in LE?
(2017-02-26, 02:02)Kbxy88 Wrote: Got it on a stick, how do I find that stick in LE?

should be able to use the File Manager under Settings to copy to a folder in your home directory. LE's documentation should have more details if needed
  • 495(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37