• 54(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
I've done some searching but have been able to find information on cemu rpx files. When I launch an RPX a cemu window opens but no game loads. Is there some trick to getting this to work? Also, is there someway to get cemu to launch the roms in fullscreen? Thanks for any help.
(2017-03-10, 03:03)blinken Wrote: I've done some searching but have been able to find information on cemu rpx files. When I launch an RPX a cemu window opens but no game loads. Is there some trick to getting this to work? Also, is there someway to get cemu to launch the roms in fullscreen? Thanks for any help.
Try
-f -g "$ROM$"
(2017-03-10, 08:07)foleyjo Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 03:03)blinken Wrote: I've done some searching but have been able to find information on cemu rpx files. When I launch an RPX a cemu window opens but no game loads. Is there some trick to getting this to work? Also, is there someway to get cemu to launch the roms in fullscreen? Thanks for any help.
Try
-f -g "$ROM$"

Gave it a try. Same thing, cemu window opens but doesn't load rom. No error message or anything. The emulator just opens.
Hope you can add soon support for Nintendo Gameboy Advanced and for the Sony PlayStation portable.

It would be nice if you add a option to update all information at once from a scraper, after for you already add a game like a pc game. Like in the advanced launcher (update information,preview and fan art)

But so far a geate program add on Big Grin
(2017-03-10, 20:56)blinken Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 08:07)foleyjo Wrote:
Try
-f -g "$ROM$"

Gave it a try. Same thing, cemu window opens but doesn't load rom. No error message or anything. The emulator just opens.

Have you got spaces in the file or directory names? If so remove them and try again
Does this application not support Retroarch? Why? Do I need to create a .bat for each game?
(2017-03-11, 01:51)gutocardz Wrote: Does this application not support Retroarch? Why? Do I need to create a .bat for each game?

Retroarch should work as long as you get the correct command lines. Saying that though it doesn't appear to work for me recently.
However as a work around instead of making a bat file for each game just make one to launch retroarch and pass the rom file into it. The command is on this thread somewhere
(2017-03-11, 11:26)foleyjo Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 01:51)gutocardz Wrote: Does this application not support Retroarch? Why? Do I need to create a .bat for each game?

Retroarch should work as long as you get the correct command lines. Saying that though it doesn't appear to work for me recently.
However as a work around instead of making a bat file for each game just make one to launch retroarch and pass the rom file into it. The command is on this thread somewhere

@gutocardz In 0.9.6-beta1 release notes post you have instructions to configure Retroarch for almost every core supported. Have a look and if you have more trouble and need help please ask more specific questions and also give information about your setup (what platform/operating system, Kodi version, etc.).
(2017-03-10, 22:22)Phoenixfeder-M Wrote: Hope you can add soon support for Nintendo Gameboy Advanced and for the Sony PlayStation portable.

You mean the AEL Offline scraper database? If so I want to finish it ASAP... but ASAP could mean several months. Contributions are welcomed!

(2017-03-10, 22:22)Phoenixfeder-M Wrote: It would be nice if you add a option to update all information at once from a scraper, after for you already add a game like a pc game. Like in the advanced launcher (update information,preview and fan art)

But so far a geate program add on Big Grin

That's not possible because not all the artwork scrapers support all type of assets. In Advanced Launcher all scrapers supported Icon/Fanart, so there was no problem. In any case, AEL users are encouraged to download artwork collections from the links on the first post Wink
(2017-03-11, 14:55)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 11:26)foleyjo Wrote:

@gutocardz In 0.9.6-beta1 release notes post you have instructions to configure Retroarch for almost every core supported. Have a look and if you have more trouble and need help please ask more specific questions and also give information about your setup (what platform/operating system, Kodi version, etc.).

On windows there does seem to be a problem launching directly into retroarch and a bat file is needed in between

EDIT- Scrap that the problem is when launching from AEL you need to put the core path in quotes as well or it doesn't open.
So your command needs to be -L "path to core" -v -f "$rom$"
I am having trouble opening up AEL (version: 0.9.6) on my Nvidia Shield TV.
It installs, but doesn't open. Tested same version on my Windows PC and it worked perfectly.

Log

It might also be worth noting, that I'm trying to install this AddOn on a cloned version of Kodi, using the app, App Cloner.
So, you'll see:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodj/files/....

instead of:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/...

but, I'm running into the same issue when trying to run the AddOn from my original copy of Kodi as well. Plus, other Addons have no issue when trying to run from the cloned version of Kodi.

Apologies, if this was already explained, but a quick search yielded a user w/ what seemed to be the same issue, but never uploaded/updated an appropriate log.

I was a user of the original AL some years ago, and I'm excited to try AEL on my new ShieldTV.
Kodi 1: | Device: Minix X8-H Android Box (rooted) | OS: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 7.1.12
Kodi 2: | Device: HP Pavillion Laptop | OS: Windows 8.1 | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 14.2-rc1 (Helix Mod)
(2017-03-11, 18:12)foleyjo Wrote: On windows there does seem to be a problem launching directly into retroarch and a bat file is needed in between

EDIT- Scrap that the problem is when launching from AEL you need to put the core path in quotes as well or it doesn't open.

Thanks @foleyjo for the help. Please include an AEL XML configuration, that should make everybody's life much easier and then I can include that in the AEL asset library. Remember that I do not have a Windows machine for testing...
(2017-03-11, 18:19)harpua1982 Wrote: I am having trouble opening up AEL (version: 0.9.6) on my Nvidia Shield TV.
It installs, but doesn't open. Tested same version on my Windows PC and it worked perfectly.

Log

It might also be worth noting, that I'm trying to install this AddOn on a cloned version of Kodi, using the app, App Cloner.
So, you'll see:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodj/files/....

instead of:

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/...

but, I'm running into the same issue when trying to run the AddOn from my original copy of Kodi as well. Plus, other Addons have no issue when trying to run from the cloned version of Kodi.

Apologies, if this was already explained, but a quick search yielded a user w/ what seemed to be the same issue, but never uploaded/updated an appropriate log.

I was a user of the original AL some years ago, and I'm excited to try AEL on my new ShieldTV.

The problem is that for some reason Kodi Jarvis for Android doesn't ship with Python 2.7 and AEL requires Python 2.7. An user in the thread worked out a workaround. Please try Krypton, that should work.
(2017-03-11, 18:33)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 18:12)foleyjo Wrote: On windows there does seem to be a problem launching directly into retroarch and a bat file is needed in between

Thanks @foleyjo for the help. Please include an AEL XML configuration, that should make everybody's life much easier and then I can include that in the AEL asset library. Remember that I do not have a Windows machine for testing...

Like this? (For SNES)[/code]

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
  <category>Nintendo</category>
  <name>SNES (Retroarch)</name>
  <year>1990</year>
  <platform>Nintendo SNES</platform>
  <application>D:\Emus\retroarch</application>
  <args>-L &quot;D:\Emus\retroarch\cores\catsfc_libretro.dll&quot; -v -f &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
  <args_extra></args_extra>
  <romext>zip</romext>
  <rompath>D:\Emus\retroarch</rompath>
  <path_assets>D:\kodi\AEL-assets\nintendo-snes</path_assets>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
(2017-03-10, 22:57)foleyjo Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 20:56)blinken Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 08:07)foleyjo Wrote: Try
-f -g "$ROM$"

Have you got spaces in the file or directory names? If so remove them and try again

No it looks good to me. Here is the relevant bit from my log.

18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launching ROM in Launcher ...
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Using Launcher standard arguments
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Sigle ROM detected (no multidisc)
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName OP "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName P "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() categoryID 10421432946926205de434ca7e34a101
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() launcherID 50a756fc28e92880f468e7aa3ba32c94
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romID 259c8053e7dc78c4d7cb94ee2e61092b
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romfile "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rompath "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombase "Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombasenoext "Turbo"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romtitle "Mario Kart 8"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() application "C:\1EMU\EMULATORS\cemu_1.7.2\Cemu.exe"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\1EMU\EMULATORS\cemu_1.7.2"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext "rpx|wud"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "$rom$"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.221 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\most_played.json
18:06:49.223 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launcher is not Kodi Retroplayer.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12