• 21(current)
Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)
(2017-02-20, 17:20)dj640 Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 13:55)xbmosx Wrote:
(2017-01-25, 06:00)blindndangerous Wrote: This is probably going to sound odd, but when I go to rate a song, I get a rating screen that has 1 to 10. I thought that it was only up to 5? Could also be something to do with kodi screenreader, but if thhat's the case, anyone mind explaining the numbering system? Do I just ignore 6-10 and just worry about 1-5?

I have been wondering the same!

Each number =1/2 star

Well, if that was true a rating of 2 (in the ten star scale) should skip the current song (right?), but that's not happening on my end. At least not from the player window. And in the song info there is no rating menu available.
(2017-02-20, 17:20)dj640 Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 13:55)xbmosx Wrote:
(2017-01-25, 06:00)blindndangerous Wrote: This is probably going to sound odd, but when I go to rate a song, I get a rating screen that has 1 to 10. I thought that it was only up to 5? Could also be something to do with kodi screenreader, but if thhat's the case, anyone mind explaining the numbering system? Do I just ignore 6-10 and just worry about 1-5?

I have been wondering the same!

Each number =1/2 star

Perhaps this change (link below) has something do do with it. Seems there is a new rating system 1-10. The author of Pandoki may need to make changes to his code.

2241827 (post)
I found a few issues with Kodi 17 although it may be in the earlier version. The first is how Pandoki handles a slow download rate caused by the Pandora server. You may see 403 errors in the kodi.log and the songs only partially playing. Big GrinI was also able to determine why we are not able to get 128K bit rates on the High setting for non-one users. I have proposed a solution and attached files on the both issues in the issues section located at

https://github.com/gominoa/gominoa-xbmc-addons/issues/8

It has 2 files attached which if you replace in the original files in the addon area will result in better, more consistent and higher performance. Angel The hope is when the author gets back on, he can determine if he wishes to implement the changes. Enjoy!
(2017-03-06, 05:45)rcmccaslin Wrote: I found a few issues with Kodi 17 although it may be in the earlier version. The first is how Pandoki handles a slow download rate caused by the Pandora server. You may see 403 errors in the kodi.log and the songs only partially playing. Big GrinI was also able to determine why we are not able to get 128K bit rates on the High setting for non-one users. I have proposed a solution and attached files on the both issues in the issues section located at

https://github.com/gominoa/gominoa-xbmc-addons/issues/8

It has 2 files attached which if you replace in the original files in the addon area will result in better, more consistent and higher performance. Angel The hope is when the author gets back on, he can determine if he wishes to implement the changes. Enjoy!

Maybe better would be to fork his repo and generate a PR with your changes.

scott s.
Thank you for the help. Noticed my changes have been "forked" lol. Not sure what that did except create a branch and have no idea what impacts that will have. I just recently started using Git at work, so I am very knew to the hold GitHub repository and did not want to step on the author's toes. I've been writing software for decades and just recently decided to start helping with some of the freeware.
Well if you can't get Pandora to work using a browser why post here complaining that the plugin has a problem? The Pandoki plugin for Kodi just uses regular Pandoki to provide the music streams. It has no relationship with Pandora itself. You need to go raise your issue with Pandora support.
And as a point of reference, my free Pandora account continues to work just fine and so does the Pandoki plugin for Kodi, even on Krypton.
So, I got the problems with the slow Pandora server issues causing 403 errors and partial playing and it now plays 128K audio. I created a branch with all the changes. This is my first Kodi addon, so if you would like to give it a try, uninstall the Pandoki and reinstall it from the zip included. Once gominoa gets back on, he can decide what changes he would like to merge.

https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbm...-0.2.0.zip
(Add-ons -> Install from zip file)
then it should appear in the "Install from repository" list
thank you! Going to try this out this weekend.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Running into an issue with Pandoki in that it seems to quit and 'hangs' and am unable to control the KODI box to exit or do anything else after Pandoki has been running for a bit.

Dell OptiPlex 330
1GB ram
80GB HDD
LibreELEC (official) Version 8.0.0
KiB MEM 986884 570992 Free 174568 used

Right now I am streaming M4A files from my NAS and no issues. But when I start up Pandoki it will run for a spell and then will have the Spinning wheel of UGH on a dim display. I can SSH to the box and all seems normal, but am unable to do anything. Rebooting via SSH allows the system to come back, but if I go back to Pandoki - same result.

I happen to have KODI running or a rPi3 - and do not have this issue....
(2017-03-17, 19:27)rcmccaslin Wrote: So, I got the problems with the slow Pandora server issues causing 403 errors and partial playing and it now plays 128K audio. I created a branch with all the changes. This is my first Kodi addon, so if you would like to give it a try, uninstall the Pandoki and reinstall it from the zip included. Once gominoa gets back on, he can decide what changes he would like to merge.

https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbm...-0.2.0.zip
(Add-ons -> Install from zip file)
then it should appear in the "Install from repository" list

Due to some issue w/ latest Kodi 17RC not able to access SMB shares, I had to wipe it on my FTV2 & install SPMC.
Also installed your Pandoki build, but it couldn't seem to load/play any streams. It would stop dead whenever I tried to play one of my stations. ah well...
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Hi everyone. I can't find an answer for this one.

I just installed Pandoki (Install from Zip File).

When I tried to run it, it says bad Username/Password/Proxy. So I keyed in my Pandora email, Pandora Password, and set Proxy to none. But I still keep getting this error. I checked and verified the email and password multiple times. Is this a temporary problem?
(2017-03-21, 12:28)maschmagic Wrote: Hi everyone. I can't find an answer for this one.

When I tried to run it, it says bad Username/Password/Proxy. So I keyed in my Pandora email, Pandora Password, and set Proxy to none. But I still keep getting this error. I checked and verified the email and password multiple times. Is this a temporary problem?

I ran into that same problem - and then I realized it had one more step.

After you enter your userID / Pass you need to go to the RIGHT and select OK to save it. Only then does it save your credentials.
(2017-03-21, 14:52)gjacob3412 Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 12:28)maschmagic Wrote: Hi everyone. I can't find an answer for this one.

After you enter your userID / Pass you need to go to the RIGHT and select OK to save it. Only then does it save your credentials.

Hi, thakns for the reply. I tried to find the save thing, I clicked the OK but that's what I have been doing before.

Is there a place I can check if my credentials are wrong? It works on Pandora.com.

(2017-03-21, 20:48)maschmagic Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 14:52)gjacob3412 Wrote:

Hi, thakns for the reply. I tried to find the save thing, I clicked the OK but that's what I have been doing before.

Is there a place I can check if my credentials are wrong? It works on Pandora.com.

That one is a bit different. If you have validated your UserID/Password on Pandora - then it's not a UserID/Pass.

I noticed a time or two that the letter 'c' didn't type - and I have three... so I make sure I watch each character. What you are doing is the correct method as best I know.
(2017-03-21, 20:48)maschmagic Wrote: Is there a place I can check if my credentials are wrong? It works on Pandora.com.

In your userdata is a folder addon_data, Look in there for folder plugin.audio.pandoki. The file settings.xml holds what ever you enter or select in the addon configuration window.

scott s.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)8